Major credit card news...

• Scribes
  • Scribes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Scribes on topic It happens every summer. Surely

It happens every summer.

Surely it can't have happened every summer -- wouldn't we have noticed it before? Maybe they go up a little but this seems like a big jump.

Well, maybe we never noticed it before in summers prior because we were fed such rosy economy outlooks by the Feds, so naturally we didn't panic. Now suddenly the Feds KNOW we know we are severely screwed and are trying to right the ship and avoid the iceberg. :fun: Where's my life-jacket, man?! :worried:
15 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I don't think they're raising

I don't think they're raising their interest rates to give college grads credit cards. They're just trying to make up for their losses from all of the customers who weren't able to pay their debt back.

Or those who are working with getting out of debt agencies. I'll wait and see with that stuff.
15 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic I don't think they're raising

I don't think they're raising their interest rates to give college grads credit cards. They're just trying to make up for their losses from all of the customers who weren't able to pay their debt back.
15 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic Hummmm, well let's just wait

Hummmm, well let's just wait and see. My intr rate went down last summer, so I will keep an eye on them scribes.
15 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by alpha on topic It happens every summer. Surely

It happens every summer.

Surely it can't have happened every summer -- wouldn't we have noticed it before? Maybe they go up a little but this seems like a big jump.
15 years 10 months ago #5
  • Scribes
  • Scribes's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Scribes

I just heard this on CNN. This summer, credit card companies out of sheer madness are going to RAISE interest rates -- as much as 100% higher. Discover Card is already up 75%, and plans to raise the PENALTY rate to 31%. A lot of credit card companies are doing this, they say, because a lot of graduates are coming away this summer and they want to give them credit cards. It happens every summer. I say it's because the credit cards companies are hurting severely but don't quote me. :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #6