What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

Replied by 4better on topic Re: What ?an Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

I pull my report when i get an alert. Can someone explain to me how my experian score jumped about 30 points all of the sudden? I could almost swear that my score was lower.:dumbfounded:
15 years 3 months ago #16
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

11/26/2008
15 years 4 months ago #17

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

I don't even hold my breath for HSBC to report because they are always a month behind, it's pretty sad but I believe AMEX reports slower than HSBC. That's a surprise to me because AMEX CS is terrific.
15 years 9 months ago #18
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

Exactly, that is why I had to dispute a few months ago becasue they had my balance off with the Avenue card and so did Hooter's, but it was cleared in no time.
15 years 9 months ago #19

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

I like to check my report when my statements close to make sure that the correct info is reported for that statement.
15 years 9 months ago #20
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Ever since I found this thread, I stopped pulling Experian daily and now I only pull twice a month

Same here, I was just saying this in another thread. Now I am about to switch back to mycreditkeeper probably today becasue I am not using truecredit enough to pay a higher cost. I can save $5 per month using mycreditkeeper and get the same results. I just like how truecredit sends you a weekly email saying that "You are in the clear......"

What you are doing is very smart and you can tell that you are very credit smart because when we practice not to apply for so much credit and take care of the ones that we currently have, we do not have a need to pull our report so often and the concern for our scores has decreased also. Of course we are always curious about them but we now know what it takes to increase them and what will decrease them. So I am all with you bro!
15 years 9 months ago #21

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

HJM331, from everything that I have seen and done, pulling Experian will not result in a bump and I believe that Experian has one of the most robust systems of the 3 CBs. They also seem to be the toughest to dispute with and get results.

If you are paying for this service and you have a need, I believe pulling 2-3xs a week will not result in you having a spilt file.

It seems to take the pulling of file daily over an extended period of time i.e perhaps up to a year.

Take advantage of the service that you are paying for. Underutilizing it will not result in the service providing you with a pro-rating of you fees for unused days.
15 years 9 months ago #22

Ever since I found this thread, I stopped pulling Experian daily and now I only pull twice a month.:fun:
15 years 9 months ago #23
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

The words are casted for someone who is intentionally doing something wrong, it is not towards someone who makes good use for it or does not know anything about it. Lets not turn this situation into something it is not really focused or directed to because there are people out there who really need to know the the consequences and difference between the two. Can we please try to focus on them? Thanks!
:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #24

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

From what I have seen, pulling daily for 1-6mths should not cause your file to spilt.

I think that if someone wants to pull their file daily, it is their right as they are paying for the service which provides it.

I don't find anything immoral or wrong about this. I pul every other day because :

1. I'm very proactive with my c redit
2. I'm still very much in the process of cleaning up my credit
3. I am still disputing information on my reports and I would like to see any changes.
4. I'm trying to see how my fako is affected based on payments, CLI and inquiries.

Now, if a b1 product of my pulling results in some inquiries being bumped off then that has nothing to do with my activities.

It seems to me that the service should fix their loophole which they have been cheap to do.

I do think that casting the word immoral and 'wrong' around in this circumstance is a bit much but ......
15 years 9 months ago #25
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Kellbell: I dont think that your file is split according to what you just said. I believe that they judt dropped it. Call them or the student loan center and ask them to put it back on there. My reason for saying this is because when I financed my first car back in 95' it was paid in full but removed from my credit report about 5 years ago (or more), also my last car which was paid in full in 2005 was removed. I did not ask for that to come back because I had some lates on there. I think your best bet is to call the student loan who you financed you to put it back on there.:laugh:

Kmoney: Thanks! I am happy to read that someone has got an understanding from this. :cool:
15 years 10 months ago #26

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

That is some really enlightening information Meya and thanks for sharing. I don't pull my credit report like that but it is interesting to know that you credit report can split like that.
15 years 10 months ago #27

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

I know everyone likes to pull their credit report on a daily basis, but that can become a problem when you utilize this feature. Here's why, according to Pamela Allen on "Card Ratings.com", debt smart, and DebtCC

I think that my credit file has been split. I thought Experian was immune to such occurences, but I ran my Experian yesterday and none of my student loans showed up. They are my oldest accounts.

Does anyone know what I can do to get them back on there? I called Experian, but received an automated system response.

HELP!!!
15 years 10 months ago #28
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Have you ever cheated the system? or did anything that would be clasified "morally" wrong? Those are two strong references regarding bumping; I like to consider it a loop hole.

I have spent countless hours disputing in accurate information on my credit reports and the CRA's act like they could careless. I BUMP daily because I pay for those services and I get instant gratification.

Well, yes I have back in the days when I did not care, but when I discoverd "Intergrity" and "Payback" I made a 360. I am not trying to talk bad about anyone for what they are doing and do not feel like I am targeting you. You, and everyone else have a choice to do what you want to do, but like i said before, I am just giving heads up for those who DO NOT KNOW the consequences of pulling their credit report too much and the end result. Since *B* is not what we really want expressed around this board I will really appreciate if we can drop that conversation and move forward with "Split and Mixed files". :confused:

Thanks for your feedback Addicus!:cool:
15 years 10 months ago #29

Replied by Adicus on topic Re: What Can Cause Your Credit File to "Split or Mix !"

Have you ever cheated the system? or did anything that would be clasified "morally" wrong? Those are two strong references regarding bumping; I like to consider it a loop hole.

I have spent countless hours disputing in accurate information on my credit reports and the CRA's act like they could careless. I BUMP daily because I pay for those services and I get instant gratification. :cool:
15 years 10 months ago #30