My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

Replied by yoyo11 on topic creditchecktotal ....is pretty good..i've been

creditchecktotal ....is pretty good..i've been using them for about four months. Every time i had an a soft or hard pull..it reported it the next day if not the same day. Here's other features that I like:

-You can order your credit report every day, twice a day if you want.
-You're scores are updated every day, not just one a month..
- they have a score tracker and calulators
- They keep your reports for 30 days to view
- Only cost me $19.95 a month.
- Every inquries are reported like clock work..
- New/Open accounts are reported like clock work..

Note they are are not true Fico scores...my Fico are about 15 to 20 points off (higher) than creditchecktotal..but I also used Bank of America that their score was a whooping 50 points off (higher) than my true Fico so I cancelled them.

Try the 7 day trail...I also tried a few credit monitoring services..creditkeeper, credit diagnosis...bank of america...this one was the best...google "credit montioring" and it will give you a list of services by price, service and comparsion to other services..good luck
:cool: :cool: :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic Rockin35, this is how Truecredit

Rockin35, this is how Truecredit is also and sometimes, mycreditkeeper will leave you in the dust also. I had to call them and complain about it. I believe that if the system is overloaded it will delay an alert to your credit monitor.
15 years 11 months ago #32

Replied by Meya on topic I've gotten alerts on the

I've gotten alerts on the my FICO score watch and I have not even had it for 30 days.

That's how they bait you in.
:laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #33

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I've gotten alerts on the

I've gotten alerts on the my FICO score watch and I have not even had it for 30 days.
15 years 11 months ago #34

Replied by Rockin35 on topic I can speak on 3

I can speak on 3 things. The Equifax Credit Report LOCK works!!! I applied for the AT&T universal mastercard back in Dec 07, but because I FORGOT that I went online and put the lock on my equifax credit file, AT&T sent me a letter with a toll free# to call. I called them, they stated they could NOT complete my application because it was "barred/locked". And sure enough, I went online that same day and unlocked it. I called back the same night, they were able to pull the credit report from Equifax, I confirmed it over the phone.

I also have to agree that the Equifax Score watch doesnt appear to work. I ran several applications in the last 2 months and it was only through MyCreditKeeper that I noticed the change in my scores. Equifax alerts does however post when an account or inquiry was pulled from all 3 bureaus and the date, which I do like. Apparently Hooters used TU and State Farm Visa used Equifax, both of which updated as an alert for me 2 days after the inquiry was pulled. By the time it updates with Score Watch, its past 30 days before you even know it. This is pathetic. Rockin35
15 years 11 months ago #35
  • garydman
  • garydman's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by garydman on topic Any credit issued in your

Any credit issued in your name under your SSN should show up on your report in due time. Identity monitoring is a marketing ploy used to take advantge of the uninformed. They create this aura of fear that they incessantly feed with stories of "identity theft" and other horror stories for which THEY are responsible for. We get 1 free report from each of the CRA's each year. Combine that with reports that you are eligible for when you are denied credit, jobs and other services that require a credit report and one can adaquately monitor their reports for free. The "secret" scoring formula that is now in use is just another biproduct and result of corporate America buying legislation through their lobbiests and their support of political party conventions. Truthfully, anymore, our vote does nothing but decide who is going to be the receiver of corporate bribes, nothing more. Just look at the current scoring model. We aren't even allowed to "shop" for credit without it having an adverse affect on our "score". The powers that be have decided that if you put in a lot of applications, you're desperate and on the verge of financial collapse. Imagine having to pay more for a car just because you shopped the price...(?) Totally unacceptable for that to happen, huh? Then why should we put up with it from the credit industry? It is all one GIANT marketing conspiracy designed to keep you in a constant state of fear. Don't fall for it. Write your Congressman and tell them that we as citizens should be allowed to file charges against ANY loan or credit card company that issues credit in your name to someone who isn't you. Let them pass that law and I'll bet "identity theft" will be a thing of the past, REAL QUICK LIKE!!!
15 years 11 months ago #36

Replied by Meya on topic what has been stolen is

what has been stolen is the money that they so eagerly loaned to someone else in your name

This would show on my credit report if they issued a loan in my name right?
:dumbfounded: :confused:
15 years 11 months ago #37
  • garydman

Replied by garydman on topic Meya, you can call the

Meya, you can call the credit reporting agencies and put a freeze on your credit for no charge. Don't fall into the trap they want you to fall into. The credit companies want you to absorb all that crappe they spew out about "Identity Theft" Like I said before, The point of sale for any theft scheme involving credit is the issuer of the loan. Period. Your identity has not been stolen, what has been stolen is the money that they so eagerly loaned to someone else in your name. I really wonder how much "identity theft" there would be if the Credit companies were being held responsible for there own misdeeds? Very Little, that, you can be assured of!!
15 years 11 months ago #38

Replied by Meya on topic My goodness, I hope you

My goodness, I hope you are holding to close your account. That is enough time to serve dinner.
:fun:
15 years 11 months ago #39
  • garydman

Replied by garydman on topic On hold for 40 minutes

On hold for 40 minutes at My FICOI. This time it said "we are experiencing Extremely high call volumes" LMAo!!
15 years 11 months ago #40

Replied by Meya on topic Oooops, well let me put

Oooops, well let me put my eye glasses on, smell the coffee, wake up, and all that good stuff. Sounds convencing to me garydman, what do you think about the new Credit Lock? I was seriously thinking about using them instead of credit monitoring services. I have been monitoring my credit for a few years now, I am more interested in making sure no one open new accounts in my name more than I am with watching scores and alerts. I figure that, since I know I am paying my bills on-time and I logs in to my accounts on close perodic basis, then I don't need to pay a company to let me see something I already know about. Fraud is what I think is most important.
15 years 11 months ago #41
  • garydman

Replied by garydman on topic ROTFLMAO!!! MyFICO is experiencing an

ROTFLMAO!!! MyFICO is experiencing an unusually HIGH CALL VOLUME...... :fun:
15 years 11 months ago #42
  • garydman

Replied by garydman on topic And to think, our financial

And to think, our financial lives are in the hands of these LIARS. If they aren't getting up to date information to the people who belongs to this information. How are we to believe that they are providing accurate information to third parties? Like I said before, It's just one GIANT conspiracy. What good are "fair credit" laws if these people are allowed to use a "secret formula" to calculate our creditworthiness? Even a novice to credit can figure out that this practice leaves open the door for these companies to circumvent the very laws enacted to protect us, the consumer. What good are they if FICO and the credit card companies are allowed to furnish outdated and manipulated numbers to lenders? We've all been had by this scam and it's high time we all wake up!! Another scam out there is the credit card companies insisting that people are having their identities stolen. Noone has stolen your identity. What has been stolen is the money that the credit companies loan to others in your name. The fact is, they are so eager to loan you money at a usurious rate, that they will give these loans to people who aren't you. And then they have the audacity to come to the conclusion that your identity has been stolen and you are responsible for their lax lending practices and standards!! What a joke!!
15 years 11 months ago #43

Replied by LLAY1 on topic ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! I noticed it

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!! I noticed it was a scam yesterday before i read this. NO ALERT AT ALL score was up from 650 to 660. Score watch still had it at 650. Then they send an email asking if i want to cancel. What company does that? send an email to remind you to cancel with the easy click of a button. They knew they were busted!!o
15 years 11 months ago #44
  • garydman

Replied by garydman on topic I'm sure!

I'm sure!
15 years 11 months ago #45