Do you have to have a credit card?

Replied by smcc on topic You know its a shame

You know its a shame but the world is such a place that you can't get by without a credit card. Renting a car, reserving a hotel room. buying airline tickets, shopping online all require a credit card now.

The many times I have rented from AVIS and how they put a large hold on your credit card depending on the model you decide to rent.
16 years 2 weeks ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Before you do that? Do

Before you do that? Do you have any credit in your name? Go to this site and get all 3 cr's and look at them "For Free":
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/resources/annualcreditreport click "View Website" when you get there. There may be something on there that you never did.

:scared: :scared:
16 years 2 weeks ago #17
  • mrsjprice
  • mrsjprice's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mrsjprice on topic Oh Meya thank you so

Oh Meya thank you so much for the information it's really helpful. I guess I best get on with it and start applying for some cards. I'll have a look through the ones you've mentioned here and see which one I like. Is there anyway you can check how much credit you have?
16 years 2 weeks ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Try: 1. Capital 1 2. Orchard 3. Chase

Try:
1. Capital 1
2. Orchard
3. Chase (no credit app)
4. Discover Motiva or Road----it might redirect you to Direct Rewards
5. Travelocity MC
6. Hooter's MC

Since you are afriad and we all want to help you break that fear, once you get 2 approvals stop and focus on your cli. You might want to try a department store card also (at least one).

I am here to tell you something, NO credit is the same as Bad Credit, so do not get discouraged if you get denials, we have other cards here for you to try out. IF you get your two approvals, I will say stop until you get the feeling of responsibility. This will help you to not make the same mistakes as before (if you had any).

Hope this helps!

:fun: :fun:
16 years 2 weeks ago #19
  • mrsjprice

Replied by mrsjprice on topic Thanks for replying to my

Thanks for replying to my post. It's a shame I can't build credit without actually having to get a credit card. I'm so scared of getting a credit card as I don't want to do the complete opposite and get in debt and get bad credit. Does anyone have any good tips when it comes to choosing a credit card, I would probably look at the cheapest.
16 years 2 weeks ago #20

Replied by Meya on topic Ohhh, I don't mind the

Ohhh, I don't mind the sockdrawer, as long as the amex is in there! Put me in first....lol. There will be no room for Eric when you do!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are welcome bro, you know we got your back here.
16 years 2 weeks ago #21

Replied by hjm331 on topic Thanks a lot everyone, I

Thanks a lot everyone, I definitely appreciate it all the support. You guys have a special place in my heart, and in my sockdrawer jk! :cheesing:
16 years 2 weeks ago #22
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic I know this is off

I know this is off subject but,[/color]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL BRO!
[/quote]

HJM Happy B-Day

Meya be on top of everything lol
16 years 2 weeks ago #23

Replied by pamela2 on topic HAPPY B-DAY HJM hope you

HAPPY B-DAY HJM hope you had a great day :laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #24

Replied by Meya on topic I know this is off

I know this is off subject but,[/color]

[/COLOR]HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL BRO!
:white-flag:
16 years 2 weeks ago #25

Replied by hjm331 on topic Hey MrsJPrice, I just turned

Hey MrsJPrice, I just turned 19 today and I know how you feel because I was in your shoes a year ago. Yes, you do you have to have a credit card in order to build some kind of history. Your chances of getting approved for a loan without a credit card history of any sort is very slim. Do you currently have a checking account? If you do, go to your local branch where you opened your checking account and ask if they have any credit card offers/promotions for people to build their credit.
16 years 2 weeks ago #26

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic I think you can help

I think you can help build up credit with loans. But I think you have to have an established credit history to get any type of loans. So it would be in your best interest to have a few credit cards to build up your credit history. When applying for credit they want to see you use different types of credit. SO having a couple of cards wouldn't hurt. As far as building up credit with monthly phone bill contrats, that wont help. Phone companies dont report to credit bureaus unless they dont get their money.
16 years 2 weeks ago #27
  • mrsjprice

was created by mrsjprice

Hi everyone I'm new to the world of credit and credit cards, as I have not been 18 for long. Do you have to have a credit card to be able to build up credit? Can you get good credit from loans and things like a monthly phone bill contract?
16 years 2 weeks ago #28