Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

Replied by smcc on topic yoyo11, I was in the

yoyo11, I was in the same situation you speak of. Got laid off and couldn't pay my bills until I got my next job. Once I got another job, I paid off all the bills that had since went to collection. I sent a letter to each one asking if they could take the notice off my credit report. They all refused. After doing research, the creditor does have the option of not sending the notice to the Credit Bureau's but its up to them. Problem is if you pay them off and they don't take it off that bill becomes current as of the day its paid off, which really sucks. Good Luck!
15 years 11 months ago #91

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Hello, I filed BK in

Hello, I filed BK in 7/03. (for helping a family member and got burned big time!!)

After that in 05 was was laid off my job of 10 years. It took 6 months to find a job ...after 1 year the employer relocated, and was laid off again..and it took another 6 months to find another job. In the meantime, I found ways to pay high rent, and keep light, gas and phone on. Nothing else was important. When I change phone companies for better internet service, my old company said i still owe them $101..and placed me on collections on my credit report.

I tried AT&T also which was on my BK. After calling them for new service, they said I could pay the old bill and it was not honor by my BK. One month later AT&T had place the $175 back as a collection item on my credit report.

These two items are about 8 months old, but are still counted as new collection items on my credit report. I want to pay both off, but before I do, can I just give them a call to delete this time off my report, or send them a letter?

Help!!
:shocked: :shocked:
15 years 11 months ago #92

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic This was a collection from

This was a collection from 2005 that I paid in the same year. I didn't even know to request such a thing back then. :scared:
16 years 2 weeks ago #93
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic How long ago was it?

How long ago was it? Normally, NO you can not dispute it off until it runs its 7 yr course. The new fico 08 has dropped things from my account that has not reached its 7r mark by at least 2 years. I would try to call the ccc that ou paid off and politely ask them if they can remove it since you owned up to your responsibility of paying off your debt. They may say no, they may say yes, you never know til you ask. I wish you would have mentioned this before you paid it off because you could have wrote a letter to them stating that "I am willing to pay off this debt, if you are willing to remove it from my cr when it is paid". To clear a debt, they would have went for it....lol
:laugh: :laugh: :fun:
16 years 2 weeks ago #94

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic I have a collection that

I have a collection that was paid off... can I dispute it off, or am I stuck with it until it drops?
16 years 2 weeks ago #95
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic We are in the same

We are in the same category! Oh yessss! Experian holds on to things like crazy glue. I dont think I want to ever get a hard pull from them again, and to NEVER get a baddie from them niether.
:suicide: :relieved:
16 years 2 weeks ago #96

Replied by Lyd on topic I've gotten all but 4

I've gotten all but 4 removed from TU and 5 from Equifax but Experian continues to be a pain in my A**!! These are items that were removed from the other 2 bureaus and are so old. They are due to be pulled off anywhere between now and early 2009 but all in all, things are good :cheesing: :cheesing:
16 years 2 weeks ago #97
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Transunion deleted a medical bill

Transunion deleted a medical bill from a collection account today

Way to go! :fun: :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #98
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic The report is truing to

The report is truing to tell you something Meya... BUY A HOUSE! lol

Eric, I was doing good until you brought this back up. STOP IT, STOP IT, you know the temptation is strong, but i dont want a set back. I dont think it will be that easy for me right now. When I do, I am going to burn your mailbox up with suggestions.
:fun:
16 years 1 month ago #99

Replied by MaryM on topic Transunion deleted a medical bill

Transunion deleted a medical bill from a collection account today. Whoo hoo!! Hopefully my score will move up for me :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #100
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Congrats Meya...Ive got 1 more

Congrats Meya...Ive got 1 more baddies from 02 that needs to come off from a medical bill I paid but was VERY late on. The report is truing to tell you something Meya... BUY A HOUSE! lol
16 years 1 month ago #101
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks lil bro, I am

Thanks lil bro, I am happy myself. Not only did they delete, my fico socres now says this:

2/24/2008 668 Score Watch® alert: Possible lower rate on a new HLOAN . More info
2/22/2008 652 Score Watch® alert: Your score is unchanged. Yes More info
2/20/2008 652 Score Watch® alert: Your score is unchanged. Yes More info
2/14/2008 652 Score Watch® alert: Your score has gone up. Yes More info
2/9/2008 643 Score Power report: Your score is unchanged. More info
2/9/2008 643 Score Watch® alert: Your score is unchanged. Yes More info
2/5/2008 643 Score Power report: Your score is 643. More info

:fun: :fun: :fun: waaahooooo! My alert came in today!
16 years 1 month ago #102

Replied by hjm331 on topic Congrats Meya! I'm going to

Congrats Meya! I'm going to be cheering you on as you kick those silly cards to the curb! Way to go big sis! You deserve it! :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #103
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

They are finally trusting me again, god this feels good. Today I pulled my credit report becasue I had an alert in changes, and to my surprise I only have one baddie left; a co from 2001. Acutally it was an old Cross Country card that tore my pockets up. My son medical bill is now gone from my report! I am so happy that I only have one left to go, now it is time to make some cancellation calls tomorrow. Goodbye Dillards, Target, and Lane Bryant with your good $200 max credit given behinds.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #104