Score Increase!

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Score Increase!

Doctors and hospitals have an average receivable time of 90 days, in most cases this allows insurance companies to process claims and pay the doctor or hospital directly within a certain amount of time, after that time that the bill hasent been picked up by a major insurance carrier, it gets placed for collection, obviously who ever is providing a service doesnt want to have outstanding debts on their books, thats where the collection agency comes into play, if it was truley an error and your insurance company is dragging their feet, your best option is to find out what the hold up is, get it corrected, and then dispute that collection, or collections with all 3 reporting agencys, another option is to contact the collection company if you believe the bill has been paid, and find out why they are still reporting it. Now, if you dont have insurance and you willingly get care and not pay your bill, thats a matter of ethics, I understand there are situations where those who cant afford or just flat out refuse to carry major medical insurance have something unexpected happen and its beyond their control and cant afford to pay, but even then there are payment plans out there that most medical providers offer where you can set up affordable payments that keep you out of collections! Can you dispute a medical collection thats valid? Sure you can, is it ethical? And even if you would get it deleted, the fact that you owe it isnt going to change the fact, always do the right thing, and if the debt is owed pay it, if its already paid, dispute it, simple as that!
11 years 10 months ago #16

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Score Increase!

Unfortunately, my experiences do not include a background with medical collections. Why doctors would rush to collections without working with the patient is beyond me much more provide a bill. In my own experiences the bills seem to get processed by my different medical providers and not one does it the same way. Often times I don't know the final outcome (amount due) for several weeks to two months plus! It is possible Patrick12 has some knowledge on this one. Very interesting and the first time I can remember it being asked. We could all use some input here?! As to the three bureaus removing items differently is again one of those it doesn't make sense but it is. In my case they removed items differently and sometimes I waited and went after the same item a second and third time (challenged their decision). Patrick12 has done some of this too related to old collections. In the end I was able to get every thing right but it took a couple of years and lots of pressure on the bureaus. I sent patrick12 a message for this post.

Thanks Wanderer. I will look for a response from patrick12.
I will keep everyone posted just in case the information is needed by someone else in this position.
11 years 10 months ago #17

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Score Increase!

Wanderer,

If I may pick your brain for a moment. I have been helping my husband get a few medical collections resolved from his reports. The number one problem I have encountered is that the three credit bureaus have not been consistent on what they will delete. I disputed a few and 2 of the CRB deleted them, but the other one did not. What do you suggest? Also, the doctors in my area are notorious for placing accounts into collection quickly and without ever sending a bill. I just got off the phone with my insurance company who is trying to resolve a few of the issues where they should have paid, but the doctor coded the bill wrongly. The insurance rep said that they have been seeing a lot of this lately. Any advice you can give would be most helpful. As always, thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, my experiences do not include a background with medical collections. Why doctors would rush to collections without working with the patient is beyond me much more provide a bill. In my own experiences the bills seem to get processed by my different medical providers and not one does it the same way. Often times I don't know the final outcome (amount due) for several weeks to two months plus! It is possible Patrick12 has some knowledge on this one. Very interesting and the first time I can remember it being asked. We could all use some input here?! As to the three bureaus removing items differently is again one of those it doesn't make sense but it is. In my case they removed items differently and sometimes I waited and went after the same item a second and third time (challenged their decision). Patrick12 has done some of this too related to old collections. In the end I was able to get every thing right but it took a couple of years and lots of pressure on the bureaus. I sent patrick12 a message for this post.
11 years 10 months ago #18

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Score Increase!

In reference to credit report disputes... my experiences have been good. All of the bureaus have worked with me to remove disputed items or update as necessary. Transunion has been really good! Keep us posted. This is a very important item and there hasn't been much written on this website. This equals more new learning!

Wanderer,

If I may pick your brain for a moment. I have been helping my husband get a few medical collections resolved from his reports. The number one problem I have encountered is that the three credit bureaus have not been consistent on what they will delete. I disputed a few and 2 of the CRB deleted them, but the other one did not. What do you suggest? Also, the doctors in my area are notorious for placing accounts into collection quickly and without ever sending a bill. I just got off the phone with my insurance company who is trying to resolve a few of the issues where they should have paid, but the doctor coded the bill wrongly. The insurance rep said that they have been seeing a lot of this lately. Any advice you can give would be most helpful. As always, thanks for your help.
11 years 10 months ago #19

Thanks Wanderer. Shortly after posting my question, I discovered "my problem child". Based on the report I recieve from Equifax everytime something new posts to one of my credit reports, I went to the TransUnion website and filed a dispute regarding the paid tickets collections including a Capitol One account I noticed dates back to 2005. I received the usual automated confirmation email saying TranUnion would look into the disputes, but have not back from them yet. Here's hoping for the best. Next time if I loose a dispute with City Hall, paying the damn ticket would be in my best interest in the long run

In reference to credit report disputes... my experiences have been good. All of the bureaus have worked with me to remove disputed items or update as necessary. Transunion has been really good! Keep us posted. This is a very important item and there hasn't been much written on this website. This equals more new learning!
11 years 10 months ago #20

Replied by JELOPEZ88 on topic Re: Score Increase!

Your fortunate the governmental unit didn't seek a bench warrant approved by a judge and have you arrested over outstanding parking tickets and the like then, have you put in jail (favorite trick is to catch you on some other type of vehicle stop and run your DL and arrest you on the spot for outstanding warrants). My residence is in Minnesota and some of the counties use $100 as a guide and they will turn the warrant over to law enforcement. You end up with more than fines to pay. There is an ole saying that "you can't beat City Hall." Right or wrong there is factual truth to it. Also, the damage to your credit may not be worth it. For me it took ten years to get my credit from the 500's to the 800's all over one Chapter 7 BK. I know, we have to pick our battles.

Thanks Wanderer. Shortly after posting my question, I discovered "my problem child". Based on the report I recieve from Equifax everytime something new posts to one of my credit reports, I went to the TransUnion website and filed a dispute regarding the paid tickets collections including a Capitol One account I noticed dates back to 2005. I received the usual automated confirmation email saying TranUnion would look into the disputes, but have not back from them yet. Here's hoping for the best. Next time if I loose a dispute with City Hall, paying the damn ticket would be in my best interest in the long run.:dumbfounded:
11 years 10 months ago #21

Just downloaded my annual credit report and was pleasantly surprised - it went from 650 to 701!

Your fortunate the governmental unit didn't seek a bench warrant approved by a judge and have you arrested over outstanding parking tickets and the like then, have you put in jail (favorite trick is to catch you on some other type of vehicle stop and run your DL and arrest you on the spot for outstanding warrants). My residence is in Minnesota and some of the counties use $100 as a guide and they will turn the warrant over to law enforcement. You end up with more than fines to pay. There is an ole saying that "you can't beat City Hall." Right or wrong there is factual truth to it. Also, the damage to your credit may not be worth it. For me it took ten years to get my credit from the 500's to the 800's all over one Chapter 7 BK. I know, we have to pick our battles.
11 years 10 months ago #22
  • Nuovocapitolo
  • Nuovocapitolo's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Nuovocapitolo on topic Re: Score Increase!

updated scores

Credit Karma 625
Vantage 667
Fico (from walmart) 680
Experian 726
Equifax 712
Trans Union 712
11 years 10 months ago #23

Replied by derek5913 on topic Re: Score Increase!

:scared: Congrads to ALL! I want to get back where you guys are. How can I get my FICO score to increase following a CH 13 from four years ago? Currently have no debts, no bills, and no credit cards, score is around the 630's.
11 years 11 months ago #24

Replied by JELOPEZ88 on topic Re: Score Increase!

Just downloaded my annual credit report and was pleasantly surprised - it went from 650 to 701! :laugh:

Question:

I recently was forced to pay three outstanding parking tickets from 2011. The State's Department of Licensing refused to renew my auto tabs unless I paid off the tickets I did some research and found that is indeed legal if there are two or more vehicle citations, regardless of whether they are parking or moving traffic violations. Last year I refused to pay and went to court to contest them, all to no avail. I still refused payment and the tickets were turned over to a collection agency. I monitor my credit report from a monthly monitoring service. About a month ago, I received an alert that the collection agency reported the paid parking citations. Since it was a "paid collection", will this bring down my credit score? I have worked hard to get it back up above 600 from several years ago.
11 years 11 months ago #25

Replied by loveinlifenkc on topic Re: Score Increase!

Congrats! I am hoovering around the 710 mark but 750 is my goal as well.
12 years 1 month ago #26
  • Nuovocapitolo

[/HR]

I mistyped it's 716

716-EX, 702 TU, 702 EQ. Glad to get over 700 on all three bureaus. Next goal 750!
12 years 1 month ago #27
  • Nuovocapitolo

[/HR]

Congrats

I mistyped it's 716
12 years 2 months ago #28

Checked Exp. Up to 714!!!

Congrats!:thumbsup:
12 years 2 months ago #29
  • Nuovocapitolo

was created by Nuovocapitolo

Checked Exp. Up to 714!!!
12 years 2 months ago #30