Free Score

Replied by FrankN on topic Free Credit Score

It is a great offering from Chase and Discover. I really think it makes them stand out.
6 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Free Credit Score

Good question and the answer is "NO" and it is open to everyone!
6 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by JGibbs on topic Free Credit Score

Wanderer wrote: You can obtain free credit scores off of the Chase landing page and/or off of the Discover landing page. Both offer regular FICO Scores not FAKO Scores.

I did not know that, thanks for the information! Do you have to own a specific card for it to work? I knew you can get a free credit report every 12 months from each of the three agencies, but didn't realize FICO scores could be free.
6 years 9 months ago #3

The Annual Free Credit Report is available as free once yearly.
6 years 10 months ago #4

Wanderer wrote: You can obtain free credit scores off of the Chase landing page and/or off of the Discover landing page. Both offer regular FICO Scores not FAKO Scores.

And those are only provided once a year right?
6 years 10 months ago #5

You can obtain free credit scores off of the Chase landing page and/or off of the Discover landing page. Both offer regular FICO Scores not FAKO Scores.
6 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by Goldbug on topic Free Credit Score

FrankN wrote: I am not as familiar with them, but its also free so it cant hurt to add that to your tracking as well.

Can it actually hurt you to have too many credit tracking mechanisms? I'd heard that credit checks can actually hit your credit score, but I don't know if that is still true.
6 years 10 months ago #7

I am not as familiar with them, but its also free so it cant hurt to add that to your tracking as well.
6 years 11 months ago #8

FrankN wrote: my Credit Karma score was not exactly correct, but it was fairly close and it gives me a good representation of my score over time. It is the only service I have found that continuously gives me a free score over the entire year.

Have you seen Credit Sesame? They keep turning up in my inbox and advertise a very similar service with premium add-ons, but I don't know how accurate they are?
6 years 11 months ago #9

my Credit Karma score was not exactly correct, but it was fairly close and it gives me a good representation of my score over time. It is the only service I have found that continuously gives me a free score over the entire year.
7 years 23 hours ago #10

Lexie wrote: I recently bought a car and the dealership ran my credit score in no time flat. I don't know what they used but it sure was quick. Score came back good and I got the car. Are there any others out there besides creditkarma.com and credit.com?

I've just seen something called clearscore.com but I haven't used it. I pull mine from the agencies rather than just focusing on a score so I can see what is reporting where.
7 years 1 week ago #11

In reading posters comments on comparing other score providers to Credit Karma (CK) it seems true credit score lovers state CK is one of the most inaccurate scores. Since reading all the comments I cannot say I have any experience with CK. Since I can get them from Discover and Chase free without even holding one of their banking products I don't look elsewhere. Today, my mortgage company starting providing a score as well as other actual credit card accounts I have.
7 years 1 week ago #12

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Free Credit Score

Does anyone know if the Chase credit score is more accurate than Credit Karma? Does it give any report information or is just the score?
7 years 1 week ago #13

Today, Discover and Chase have on their main web pages access to a free credit score check. Enter your info and they give you the results.
7 years 1 week ago #14

Replied by Lexie on topic Free Credit Score

I recently bought a car and the dealership ran my credit score in no time flat. I don't know what they used but it sure was quick. Score came back good and I got the car. Are there any others out there besides creditkarma.com and credit.com?
7 years 1 week ago #15