Hello To All

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Hello All

I wanted to start by saying great forums with a lot of great advice. Now a little about me. Until about 5 years ago, my credit was near perfect, I could get anything I wanted and then some. Then my son was diagnosed with cancer, I ended up relocating to another state to be closer to better treatment for him, took a job at a lower pay rate, maxed out my cards paying for experimental meds the insurance company wouldn't cover and as usually happens when income lowers and debt increases, I defaulted. My FICO right now sits at mid 500's across all three CRA's , still my son is a survivor and is in remission and I am now focused on improving my FICO to what it once was, high 700's. I look forward to all advice I can get in making that a reality.

Sorry to hear about your son illness ..happy that he's recovering..it does feel like family here. Hope you achieve your goal with the help of this Network.....
15 years 9 months ago #46

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Hello To All

Hi Chance, so sorry to hear about your child illness and your credit situation. You have came to the right place to rebuild and I have your child in my prayers. I know how it feels to have an ill child because I have one myself. Just by reading your screen name, I have a inner feeling that it is linked through faith. You and your child will have a chance to jump back on the road to better health and financial status.

Do not feel like you are alone, many of us in here are rebuilding from many types of situations that we have encountered in our lifetime, but my heart really goes out to you. Welcome to the Network, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. :cheerup:
15 years 9 months ago #47

Replied by chance on topic Hello All

I wanted to start by saying great forums with a lot of great advice. Now a little about me. Until about 5 years ago, my credit was near perfect, I could get anything I wanted and then some. Then my son was diagnosed with cancer, I ended up relocating to another state to be closer to better treatment for him, took a job at a lower pay rate, maxed out my cards paying for experimental meds the insurance company wouldn't cover and as usually happens when income lowers and debt increases, I defaulted. My FICO right now sits at mid 500's across all three CRA's , still my son is a survivor and is in remission and I am now focused on improving my FICO to what it once was, high 700's. I look forward to all advice I can get in making that a reality.
15 years 9 months ago #48

Heeeehehehe, the same with I also. My sister is just giong crazy with her rebuilt credit cards. I am so glad to have found this site, not only that, the friends that I have met. Ok lil bro, AND THE FAMILY I MET! :laugh: :laugh: Had to clarify myself!
15 years 10 months ago #49

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Hello To All

Tynece, it was the same for me when I joined FG. I shared everything I learned from this website with my mom and I improved my credit and her credit also.
15 years 10 months ago #50

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Hello To All

This site is getting better each day I must say. It has helped me to help my mom with her credit. She was being denied everywhere but the input from this site has helped her get approved. Also for me I have learned a great deal and continue to learn more every day. :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #51

I can see the top, I just can't seem to reach it. Ooooohhh, now I see why you said let's put our heads together to reach the top. Ok you first hjm331! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 10 months ago #52

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Hello To All

Welcome to FG everyone! I have learned a lot too since I joined FG last year. We just need to put our heads together and we will all reach the top someday.
15 years 10 months ago #53

Replied by happylady on topic Re: Hello To All

I'm glad to be a part of this site. I've been watching it for about a year now, and felt compelled to join. I hope to learn a lot from everyone, and to give back also.

Welcome! :cheesing: I've been here about 2 months now and have learned SO MUCH!! The people here are great!:cool:
15 years 10 months ago #54

Replied by james8 on topic Re: Hello To All

I'm glad to be a part of this site. I've been watching it for about a year now, and felt compelled to join. I hope to learn a lot from everyone, and to give back also. :innocent:
15 years 10 months ago #55

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Hello To All

Thanks Meya! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am taking the FN very serious and will be making improvements until there is nothing left to do!

A couple of the forums were not showing images, but it is set up so all do now. If you are not seeing images, and just a link to them and want to see them automatically, do the following:

UserCP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Visible Post Elements -> Show Images (including attached images and images in [img] code)[/B]
15 years 10 months ago #56

I want this to be the best finance board on the web

Too late! It is already the best, I can't wait til you are finished, wooowweeee, you are going to kill em dead FG. The subprimed creditors are going to want to shake your hand because they make their money off of people with baddies on their reports. Also the Tier one Banks better give us room because we are in the network struggling and waiting for them to roll out the red carpert for us.

I can see this site reputation and how The Netowrk is just sucking in all types of individuals that are trying their hardest to fix and repair thier credit and to find a site with the most cards. You done this buddie, and the cold part about it, you are not finished yet!

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!
15 years 10 months ago #57

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Hello To All

Glad you like what's happening! This board and the network will be my project for the next few weeks. I want this to be the best finance board on the web :innocent:.

Also noticed that images are not showing up, and showing up as links in posts. I will get a fix for this soon.
15 years 10 months ago #58

Eldarwen, don't feel bad, I was already addicted to the board, but I did not know that I was so addicted until I was irritated when I could not post. I was like, "Why my account is not funtioning properly?" Boo-hoooo. I did not give up, I was going all through this board like a homicide detective, I was not going to give up until my account was back to normal. To tell the truth, I did not have the patience to wait for a response from FG :laugh: :laugh:

FG the benefits are perfect! Now when we post ( or click submit), we are able to stay on the same of the last posting. The old board would bring us back to page one as soon as you click submit. I have a habit in responding to what I read post by post and this works just perfect for me. Looks like we better browse the board frequently to get ourselves familiar with everything here because the way my eyes popped when I seen the New Network, who knows what will happen when I see the next.

Seriously guys, this is how I looked when I first saw it....lol.
15 years 10 months ago #59

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Hello To All

It took me a while to try and get logged in to post on the forum and all. I missed posting on the boards!
15 years 10 months ago #60