FICO 08 good & bad

Replied by qchau on topic Re: FICO 08 good & bad

i used both websites; financeglobe.com and creditcardsearchengine.com to compared how their rating the American Dream mastercard - financeglobe rating this mastercard as GOOD credit to require to approved for - creditcardsearchengine rating as FAIR/AVERAGE require to approved for - as of 8/09, my lowest scores is 700 and they already sent me the card with $500 credit line - $39/annual fee - 21.99% interest - how do i know i have good credit or just fair credit level at this time. i am confused - please help!
14 years 8 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: FICO 08 explained

No lates here, knock on wood because anything can happen. When I decided to clear up my report, I went full force. I can give a small advice, when you charge, always charge with a plan to pay off. If all else fails, then make sure that when you do charge, at least make sure that the minimum balance will fall in the $10-$20 range, that will keep you on balance when you can not pay the amount you intended to.
15 years 8 months ago #17

Replied by flatbroke on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

OMG! :shocked: I didn't know that you could do this, you pay a service to add you to accounts?? Not that I would spend that kind of money, but still?? Does this really work?
15 years 8 months ago #18

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

Just out of curiousity, in everyone's opinion, how many "repeat offenders" are there with regards to late payments??
15 years 8 months ago #19

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

The link is no good anymore, there will always be new ones for FICO 08:cool:
15 years 8 months ago #20

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

Great Information Porgy1000

Tried to read,..not available.:confused:
15 years 8 months ago #21

Replied by ARod on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

in Short Detail This Article Details How Fico 08 Will Change Your Credit Rating.

http://online.wsj.com/article/sb119802346920538029-email.html

Great Information Porgy1000
15 years 8 months ago #22

Well rock on "Piggybackers" I will still keep my own accounts! I worked hard for them.
:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #23

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

Huge news! FICO 08 has changed the rules to the AU accounts on your report.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/credit-score/piggybacking/prweb1192594.htm

hjm331, thanks for the info this is great news for real. The article even said that this was "smoke and mirrors" on fico's part. :laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #24

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

Huge news! FICO 08 has changed the rules to the AU accounts on your report.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/credit-score/piggybacking/prweb1192594.htm
15 years 8 months ago #25

But if you really look at it, it does not make us any better because we don't have an au, it just makes us smarter and responsible for our own credit actions. AU's and joint accounts tend to work like a person borrowing money from you and dont pay back. I would rather keep my ends to myself take responsibility for my own actions, not no one elses. For those who are piggybacking, they are going to feel the same thing, I just wonder can they take the heat because you can only be carried for so long.:worried:
15 years 8 months ago #26

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

They should start doing that.
15 years 8 months ago #27

The new FICO scoring system rewards you for not having any AU accounts on your report?

I doubt it very seriously:confused:
15 years 8 months ago #28

I'm an AU user on my brother Cap1 card/ $300 CL, they are reporting on my Credit report. As we just found out today, I got approved or my own Cap1 today due to a pre-approved offer in the mail. WOOSAH!!. I'm gonna keep the 1st Cap1 0% apr for 1st year..it's like using cash. My approval has 0% apr til 2/09. Can't wait to see what my CL will be

You got it! waaahhhooooooo! And you thought you were not going to get one. Gone YoYo with your bad self :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #29

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Fico 08 explained

I'm an AU user on my brother Cap1 card/ $300 CL, they are reporting on my Credit report. As we just found out today, I got approved or my own Cap1 today due to a pre-approved offer in the mail. WOOSAH!!. I'm gonna keep the 1st Cap1 0% apr for 1st year..it's like using cash. My approval has 0% apr til 2/09. Can't wait to see what my CL will be

Did you get the credit steps? If you did, don't forget to call the backdoor number before the steps kick in and maybe you can get 2 cli's instead of 1 cli. I have read on these forums about people who did that and was rewarded with a really nice cl. Congratulations again, Yoyo.:cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #30