How to Deal with Late Charge and Interest

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Re: How to Deal with Late Charge and Interest

Meya wrote: Let me get this straight, are you saying that you now have a $200 charge in interest and late fees from what was once $40?

I wonder if the original poster of this thread refused to pay them the late fee and it resulted in more late fees and interest. That's the only thing I can think of that would turn a $40 fee into a $200 fee. In a case like this, I think it's good that he/she tried to haggle with them, but if they won't budge, the best thing to do is just pay it. Being stubborn is not good for the credit score.
8 years 1 week ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: How to Deal with Late Charge and Interest

Let me get this straight, are you saying that you now have a $200 charge in interest and late fees from what was once $40?
13 years 5 months ago #17
  • pcxmbfj
  • pcxmbfj's Avatar Topic Author

was created by pcxmbfj

This is my first post about an issue with Barclays Mastercharge.

My Money Magazine had an article about customer service and it encouraged me to a course of action.

Recently I realized on a Saturday my card payment came due on Friday and immediately paid it in total via my normal means of bank transfer.

I've had this card several years and always pay off the total.

As a tracked the transaction into the following week it posted on Monday the next business day as did a $40 late charge and interest posted.

I called customer service to try to get an adjustment to no avail.

The Late Charge and Interest is technical correct but I have issues with a nearly $200 charge for a one day late payoff.

Any suggestions?
13 years 6 months ago #18