Amazon Credit Card

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

Joeyman,

I've had only good things to say about my IPod's. I had one of the first ones, that was compatable to Window's, that came in a 5G, which was more than I knew what to do with back then... This would be my fourth computer at home. I need something that is compatable with MS Office, for work, etc. Also, until Mac allows their users to have Flashplayer, I probably won't invest too much in their web browsing devices.

I would like an IPad, maybe next year when the price goes down. I would use it mostly as an ereader. I've starting buying ebooks and I really like their convenience. As far as the Dell, it would serve the purpose I need, and if I could finance it through them, well that would also help my credit score so it just kind of sounds like it would be a good fit. But really, I'm not sure, yeah I guess I could put it on a card also? I thank you for your advice. You obviously have plenty of experience with credit, and the like. I like how I can talk "credit" here with other people, and not just take someone's word for it, being written in an online article with perhaps some influence behind it?

I just opened my first two cards and hadn't really been utilizing credit these past couple of years. When I closed them, I just started using cash. The credit card that I had with my credit union had a really good interest rate, and the mothly payments were awesome. Much lower than any of my other cards. So yeah, I suppose when the time is right I should look into having another again.

Thanks again!

For the record Macs are compatible with flash player. Microsoft also develops Microsoft office for Mac, in fact their about to release new version now. However, the iPad does not have flash player available. But what mobile device does? None. The thing about the flash war is ridiculous because Adobe hasn't even released a flash player for any mobile device, last I knew it was supposed to be released last year. The version they have running in a beta for Android crashes regularly and drains the battery. So everyone is basically arguing about a product that doesn't even exist now. Using the iPad without flash is also becoming a successful risk for Apple, because sites are now developing in HTML5 where as the flash player isn't necessary. With HTML5 it is all open standards, Rather, Adobe charges thousands for their so called open standard flash language -- while HTML5 is more efficient and requires no additional flash plugin!

- Just my two cents
13 years 7 months ago #16
  • Roughdraft
  • Roughdraft's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

Joeyman,

I've had only good things to say about my IPod's. I had one of the first ones, that was compatable to Window's, that came in a 5G, which was more than I knew what to do with back then... This would be my fourth computer at home. I need something that is compatable with MS Office, for work, etc. Also, until Mac allows their users to have Flashplayer, I probably won't invest too much in their web browsing devices.

I would like an IPad, maybe next year when the price goes down. I would use it mostly as an ereader. I've starting buying ebooks and I really like their convenience. As far as the Dell, it would serve the purpose I need, and if I could finance it through them, well that would also help my credit score so it just kind of sounds like it would be a good fit. But really, I'm not sure, yeah I guess I could put it on a card also? I thank you for your advice. You obviously have plenty of experience with credit, and the like. I like how I can talk "credit" here with other people, and not just take someone's word for it, being written in an online article with perhaps some influence behind it?

I just opened my first two cards and hadn't really been utilizing credit these past couple of years. When I closed them, I just started using cash. The credit card that I had with my credit union had a really good interest rate, and the mothly payments were awesome. Much lower than any of my other cards. So yeah, I suppose when the time is right I should look into having another again.

Thanks again!

On another note, don't buy a Dell. Heh - buy a Mac.

13 years 7 months ago #17

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

On another note, don't buy a Dell. Heh - buy a Mac.

Good idea and you could use the card account at other places.
13 years 7 months ago #18

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

On another note, don't buy a Dell. Heh - buy a Mac. :cool:

By the way, you don't really have to open credit at the store. You could always open with your bank etc. Honestly, I would go to a credit union if you plan to pay this large computer purchase overtime. You'll get an intro APR plus a low fixed APR. I'm 20 years old, and my credit union gave me a 9.5% fixed APR, no other bank would offer that at my age and length of credit history.
13 years 7 months ago #19

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

I'm doing some research to choose which card I would want next. I want to plan my cards, figure out what score is need, and what the approval percentage is on here to help me decide. I thought I might try for a Dell Credit Card because I would like a new desktop by the end of the year. But I figure, what else would I buy from Dell...? I want an IPad (not offered by Dell) also, I just started downloading ebooks onto my phone.

I figure if I'm going to apply for a subprime card, I should only use one, and choose one that I would use often. I was looking at IPad's on Amazon when it donned on me. I shop there a lot! They have a huge assortment of items, a lot of times cheaper then retail stores like Wal-mart or Best Buy.

Why is it that there are no reviews for the Amazon card (issued by Chase) offered as a Visa. I would be curious to know what the credit limit needed would be in order to receive this card. My guess is between 680-700? Also, how is Chase about bad remarks in the past?

Thanks!

[/quote]NOT[/U] Bankruptcy friendly and they don't flex much on bad marks. Today I carry a Chase transitioned over from Washington Mutual transitioned from Providian. It took me fifteen months of proper use to even get Chase to talk with me. Now they have even added balance transfers to my accounts, given me "Elite" pricing for interest rates and great rewards cards. They still have been tough on others who have had less than stellar credit backgrounds to include closing their accounts and lowering their credit lines with high interest rates. Probably NOT a good starting card (safe to say Chase is not in the sub-prime business).
13 years 7 months ago #20
  • Roughdraft
  • Roughdraft's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Roughdraft

I'm doing some research to choose which card I would want next. I want to plan my cards, figure out what score is need, and what the approval percentage is on here to help me decide. I thought I might try for a Dell Credit Card because I would like a new desktop by the end of the year. But I figure, what else would I buy from Dell...? I want an IPad (not offered by Dell) also, I just started downloading ebooks onto my phone.

I figure if I'm going to apply for a subprime card, I should only use one, and choose one that I would use often. I was looking at IPad's on Amazon when it donned on me. I shop there a lot! They have a huge assortment of items, a lot of times cheaper then retail stores like Wal-mart or Best Buy.

Why is it that there are no reviews for the Amazon card (issued by Chase) offered as a Visa. I would be curious to know what the credit limit needed would be in order to receive this card. My guess is between 680-700? Also, how is Chase about bad remarks in the past?

Thanks!
13 years 7 months ago #21