Target & Target Visa

Replied by julienne on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

Target Visa cardholders make up about 95 percent of Target's receivables and about 70 percent of the overall accounts, spokesman Eric Hausman said.

yeah, I read from an article that most shoppers now prefer to use credit cards to buy things.
13 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

:shocked: :shocked: YoYo....omg! Hiiiiiii!
13 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

Good to see you posting again, Yoyo.
13 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

Hello everyone...it appears that everyone is doing great....i haven't been posting, but still view this site from time to time...did not know about the Target / Visa change...good to know..

Hey YoYo long time no see.
13 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

Hello everyone...it appears that everyone is doing great....i haven't been posting, but still view this site from time to time...did not know about the Target / Visa change...good to know...:cool:
13 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by julienne on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

Yea, they sure didn't address interest rates in the new laws. I read somewhere that the junk cards that charge you ridiculous start-up fees to get the card (i.e. 1st premier) were limited to only 25% of the total issuing CL in fees (maybe it was on this website). But, since they didn't cap out the interest rates, First premier is charging 79.9% interest on purchases. My mouth dropped to the floor when I read that. They deducted the fees, but don't even think of carrying a balance on that card lol

wow!79.9%????? isn't that a crime? lol
13 years 11 months ago #6

Thank you ......that goes for you too Colo, I seen it but forgot which thread it was...lolz

:laugh:
13 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

I doubt if the move is very beneficial to customers because a store card generally carries a higher interest rate than with a general purpose card with a Visa or MasterCard brand. Is this right? I've also read somewhere that this disparity in interest rates isn't addressed in the new credit card laws that took effect in Feb. 22.

Yea, they sure didn't address interest rates in the new laws. I read somewhere that the junk cards that charge you ridiculous start-up fees to get the card (i.e. 1st premier) were limited to only 25% of the total issuing CL in fees (maybe it was on this website). But, since they didn't cap out the interest rates, First premier is charging 79.9% interest on purchases. My mouth dropped to the floor when I read that. They deducted the fees, but don't even think of carrying a balance on that card lol
13 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by belle on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

Target dumps Visa to push its own card

Besides lowering receivables, the retailer hopes customers will be more loyal to Target.

By JACKIE CROSBY , Star Tribune
Last update]Target Corp. said Tuesday it will stop issuing Visa credit cards after April 29 and give new applicants a card that can be used only at Target.[/B]

Current Target Visa cardholders will not be affected.
The move is intended to spur sales at Target stores, though over time it also will lower the retailer's risk of bad-debt write-offs from consumers who don't make payments.

Target Visa cardholders make up about 95 percent of Target's receivables and about 70 percent of the overall accounts, spokesman Eric Hausman said.

Target, the nation's second-largest discount chain, has nearly 24 million Visa credit cards outstanding. It is the third-largest issuer of Visa cards, according to the Nilson Report.

I doubt if the move is very beneficial to customers because a store card generally carries a higher interest rate than with a general purpose card with a Visa or MasterCard brand. Is this right? I've also read somewhere that this disparity in interest rates isn't addressed in the new credit card laws that took effect in Feb. 22.
13 years 11 months ago #9

Thank you ......that goes for you too Colo, I seen it but forgot which thread it was...lolz!:cool:
13 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

Well good news, it will go back up before you pull it again. Scores go up and down on a daily basis for some unexplained reason(s). I have had mines to drop by 15, and I make on time payments and then it went back up by 20. Don't let the four discourage you Buddie.

thnx Meya ohhh by the way here :birthday:congrats! on your graduation
13 years 11 months ago #11

Well good news, it will go back up before you pull it again. Scores go up and down on a daily basis for some unexplained reason(s). I have had mines to drop by 15, and I make on time payments and then it went back up by 20. Don't let the four discourage you Buddie.
13 years 11 months ago #12

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

Well whatever they are doing has dropped my equifax score by four points(1k limit with no balance).My scorewatch alert says my account has changed for a charge account the a credit card (which i thought it was) which caused the drop...I'll see what happen next because at first i thought it was an upgrade to the visa but since they are phasing visa out, i don't know what's going on.:confused:
13 years 11 months ago #13

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Target & Target Visa

It's nice to see they are changing some things up. ^_^ They've had the same line-up forever. However, I did notice a Target Business card on their website awhile back. You had to mail in the application for the card.

I have a Target check card, I use it when I shop there to get the rewards. By Christmas I usually spend enough money to get the 10% off coupon... The original reason I got the check card was because I worked at Target: in order to use the employee discount you had to use one of their cards, cash, or check. The check card is basically a debit, just slower. They run your name through the chexsystems to be approved. No credit check.
13 years 11 months ago #14

Wow, that is crazy.
13 years 11 months ago #15