New/Recent Approvals

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Way to go! Its all the way live!:cc:
13 years 11 months ago #31

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

UPDATE

PenFed[/B]. I have been a member for over a year and thought to give it a shot. I was instantly approved for the maximum that they offered - $9,500]

congratulations:birthday: I've read nothing but good things about PenFED and once you're in like you are, they will take care of you.
13 years 11 months ago #32
  • honeyb
  • honeyb's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

UPDATE :

On Thursday, I decided to finally apply for PenFed. I have been a member for over a year and thought to give it a shot. I was instantly approved for the maximum that they offered - $9,500: shocked :: shocked:. I applied for the Visa Classic, my largest CL to date. They also APPROVED me for a $35,000 auto loan, I am not accepting it; I will let the offer linger on page. LOL

No docs, no income verification. Friday morning status went from "approved" to "transfrerred". Woke up this morning logged in and my account is setup and showing as "active". Since they will use the same CB report for the next 60-90 days, I will apply for the Platinum Rewards card. No additional hard inq.

Ok, just wanted to share! Back to bed.
13 years 11 months ago #33

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

:white-flag: Regardless buddy, you got it! Way to go!
13 years 11 months ago #34

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Just today I applied for the PayPal MC since I buy tons of things on Ebay all the time. Didn't get the MC, but got the Buyer Credit with a 400 CL. I still have 2-3 CO's on my credit report depending on where you pull from. But by Dec 2011, my report will be totally clean... YEA!!
13 years 11 months ago #35

This just isn't my day. I went online to find my new Chase Business Ink Rewards Card CL reduced from $10K to $2,500K

Hey Wanderer check this out..... http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Chase-expects-credit-card-law-apf-2269016685.html?x=0&.v=3
13 years 11 months ago #36

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

This just isn't my day. I went online to find my new Chase Business Ink Rewards Card CL reduced from $10K to $2,500K :cc: . Also, interest is 12.24% purchases and 19.24% cash with a cash line of $500 now I think with no AF. It is apparent that Chase may be going south. What the...! It is true the actual credit line was not utilized (just in case). It is also true that I am a left over WAMU customer. Be sure to hold that against me. :dumbfounded: Oh... yeah, I have 45 days to pay the balance down under the new CL. Fortunately for me I PIF so it is not a problem. Apparently Chase wants to free up assets and reserves so they are on the roll. My problem is, I can't justify all the credit availability I have had...! My needs just don't push seven bank cards.
13 years 11 months ago #37

eugene66 - thanks for the heads up! I was actually considering sending Chase south. As to Citi, they opened a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard account for me 06/2009 with $4,800 CL, five months later increased to $6,200 CL, and three months later increased to $8,000 CL with a cash line of $1,500. Does this follow your experience?

Yes it does, when i first opened my Citi Platinum Select in March 09, I was approved for a cl of 4k then 5 months later bumped up to 7k then 3 months later another 3k cli bringing me to 10k in less than a year. I use this card a lot and pif most but leave a balance on purpose to show a little luv on my part but all in all the customer service has been great and i really appreciate that.
13 years 11 months ago #38

eugene66 - thanks for the heads up! I was actually considering sending Chase south. As to Citi, they opened a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard account for me 06/2009 with $4,800 CL, five months later increased to $6,200 CL, and three months later increased to $8,000 CL with a cash line of $1,500. Does this follow your experience?
13 years 11 months ago #39

eugene - what are the obvious reasons to close Chase and BofA (not obvious to me)? Chase just lowered my Chase Flexible Rewards Visa credit line by $3,500 and told me to contact them after two to four days if I felt the need for a higher limit...?! What the ****! The customer rep said I didn't use the full credit line, my account was determined not to be profitable, market conditions, and a credit bureau review of March 18, 2010. Note, the letter only referenced under utilization of the credit line. Glad I called and got the full story or did I...?

Well Chase customer service for me stinks and to get a cli you get a hard pull....no way. Bank of America act like you want the key to fort knox with all the questions pertaining to requesting a cli. I quess I am spoiled by my experiences so far with Discover and Citi and these are the accounts that get the most usage because of it. I'm kind of sorry that i applied for each product(BOA and Chase) but you live and learn from your your own personal experiences and share with others.I love online banking from BOA but the credit card department to me is less than desirable.....just my opinion

plus they are trying to blame all their ills on the credit card act which is a bunch of crap for them to make excuses from.
13 years 11 months ago #40

honeyb - :cc: in today's world your loosing credit cards that you really don't need or want seems right as part of the long term plan to posture yourself for the long term. I too have eliminated six cards and $30K+ of credit because my bankers and the credit bureaus informed me I had too much available credit even though I had an excellent payment record. The credit world sure went south in a couple of years. From 1973 to 1998 I had fifteen bank cards and no problems. Today, I am down to seven credit cards and may need to drop two more as I can't utilize them enough. No need. Also the credit bureaus and banks still believe I have too much open and available credit. GADS! No one cared before. :white-flag:
13 years 11 months ago #41
  • honeyb

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

I closed 4 cards (builders: 2 stores and 2 bankcards) about 2 weeks ago and these new approvals will replace them. I frequently shop at JC Penney and Sam's club and the limit on the Nationwide will replace the two First Premier cards as well as some other builder bankcards (Orchard and BB). I will let these and my other cards age and do some gardening until about 2012. Because I don't need any major loans, now is a good time for me to get rid of some of those builder cards I no longer need or use and replace them with higher quality cards.
13 years 11 months ago #42

eugene - what are the obvious reasons to close Chase and BofA (not obvious to me)? Chase just lowered my Chase Flexible Rewards Visa credit line by $3,500 and told me to contact them after two to four days if I felt the need for a higher limit...?! What the ****! The customer rep said I didn't use the full credit line, my account was determined not to be profitable, market conditions, and a credit bureau review of March 18, 2010. Note, the letter only referenced under utilization of the credit line. Glad I called and got the full story or did I...? :cc: As to supplemental info, my adjusted credit line was $10,000 with 12.24% purchases apr and 19,24% cash apr and no balance transfer options (two seperate customer service reps said Chase was NOT doing many so not to be concerned - I am a left over WAMU cardholder). :sleepy: My Chase cash line is $2,000 down from $2,700.
13 years 11 months ago #43

I'm letting the cards I have know age but when the time come(at least a year or two),I am closing two cards(BOA and Chase) for obvious reasons and apply for the American Express Blue.
13 years 11 months ago #44
  • honeyb

was created by honeyb

Hi All,

Just wanted to start a post to see if there has been any new/recent approvals for cards. I know most of you are credit gardening but if the opportunity presents itself (clean reports, low util, nice scores), we may be tempted to apply for some new cards (okay, it's just me then):fun:

Well, I applied to a couple (really 4) and got approved (instant) for three out of 4:

Nationwide Visa (you know the jingle, "nationwide is on your side") -$3500
Sam's Club - $1200
JcPenney - $350

FICO: TU 693 EQ 734 at time of approvals

Done apping!
13 years 11 months ago #45