New/Recent Approvals

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

UPDATE

PenFed[/B]. I have been a member for over a year and thought to give it a shot. I was instantly approved for the maximum that they offered - $9,500]

Congrats! Whenever I log onto PenFed there is a link of everything I am approved for. Car loans, RV Loans and credit cards. I have not bitten yet because I think their credit card rates are too high. But they are a great credit union.
13 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Meya - don't loose your shoe (get your foot in the door?). Nice... :fun: Remember, it is the "devil" in me!
13 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

19 cards total and about to close all HSBC "orchard,best buy mc and hsbc sears" cards save the best buy store card.............after tomorrow i will be subprime card free

:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: I am doing the same thing. I had accomplished 21 cards successfully. After so many years, we begin to notice that we really have no use for majority of those cards. We thank them for opening doors for us, but now it is time to move over to the big boys. I am an official US Bank prime cards holder, and I can't wait to get my foot in with the rest. Congrats again mousepad.
13 years 11 months ago #18

Replied by atthelake1 on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

UPDATE

PenFed[/B]. I have been a member for over a year and thought to give it a shot. I was instantly approved for the maximum that they offered - $9,500]

Thanks for sharing. I just signed up with Pentagon 2 weeks ago. I am about to fund and make them my primary bank. Good to hear they are treating people right. If you don't mind me asking, what was your FICO score when they pulled your report
13 years 11 months ago #19
  • honeyb
  • honeyb's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Does Hooters really do that? I guess they feel if you start getting approved with competitor, then your going to eventually drop them. So they try to beat you to the punch?

Hey Brian,

It has happened to others where Hooters was conducting AR (account review) and saw recent apps/approvals and chose to close the account. I believe it has more to do with being fearful of us overextending ourselves rather than competition. Either way, it is business loss for them, we still have cards and usage. It is something to be on the lookout for, so if it happens don't be too shocked about it.
13 years 11 months ago #20

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Congrats, Mousepad!

I got my Nationwide card in the mail yesterday. Great looking card!

I got rid of all but one of my subprime cards too. The only one I have left considered as a subprime bank card is Hooters and once I get my PenFed card in my hand I will close it out. I hear Hooters will close you if have recent apps/accounts and I would rather it say "closed by consumer" than "closed by grantor" in case in the far future (LOL!!!) a potential creditor do a manual review. FICO does not care about the label but lenders do in a manual review.

Does Hooters really do that? I guess they feel if you start getting approved with competitor, then your going to eventually drop them. So they try to beat you to the punch?
13 years 11 months ago #21

Thank You! It took long enough....lolz!
13 years 11 months ago #22

Meya - :birthday:the graduation cap & gown look awesome!!! :laugh:
13 years 11 months ago #23

WOW...! I am impressed by the happen'ins on this site :present: . Great cards and credit wise users :innocent:
13 years 11 months ago #24

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Thank you all:cheesing:

i never thought i would say this but i am now trying to get down to 10 cards from 21.

i have no need for most of the store cards any more when i have cards that i can use anywhere and have lower apr's.
13 years 11 months ago #25

Congrats! Welcome back mousepad, we are so glad to see you again!
13 years 11 months ago #26

WOW! :cc: ...on a hot streak! Congrats! :cool:
13 years 11 months ago #27
  • honeyb
  • honeyb's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Congrats, Mousepad!

I got my Nationwide card in the mail yesterday. Great looking card!

I got rid of all but one of my subprime cards too. The only one I have left considered as a subprime bank card is Hooters and once I get my PenFed card in my hand I will close it out. I hear Hooters will close you if have recent apps/accounts and I would rather it say "closed by consumer" than "closed by grantor" in case in the far future (LOL!!!) a potential creditor do a manual review. FICO does not care about the label but lenders do in a manual review.
13 years 11 months ago #28

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Nationwide CL ? 4/9/10
AMEX GOLD 4/2/10
CHASE Amazon visa CL 3800 1/14/10
Barclays visa CL 2500 12/22/09

19 cards total and about to close all HSBC "orchard,best buy mc and hsbc sears" cards save the best buy store card.

i have not made a post in a wile but i am glad to say that i have been in the 700 club now for about 6 months now with my lowest score being TU at 703
and i have not had no CLD or AA to date.

Great news!!!!! and congrats on you new cards:cool:
13 years 11 months ago #29

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Nationwide CL ? 4/9/10
AMEX GOLD 4/2/10
CHASE Amazon visa CL 3800 1/14/10
Barclays visa CL 2500 12/22/09

19 cards total and about to close all HSBC "orchard,best buy mc and hsbc sears" cards save the best buy store card.

i have not made a post in a wile but i am glad to say that i have been in the 700 club now for about 6 months now with my lowest score being TU at 703
and i have not had no CLD or AA to date.
1: i pay the day the statement cuts online
2: i pay 4 times the payment due and add the interest to the 4x payment for that statement.
3: never late with any CC company i have an account with.
4: i never ask for a CLI unless there is a soft pull button on there site, i feel the more you call the more you will be in the spot light.

after tomorrow i will be subprime card free
13 years 11 months ago #30