Question about income:credit card

Replied by Mizu on topic Re: Question about income:credit card

Yeah I plan on paying it in full every billing cycle. I only got it for the discounts :) The APR on it is 22.99% for everyone, no matter what. If I get upgraded to the visa it will get better though. If I need to leave a balance on anything at all it'll be the Discover. I believe that is my lowest APR card now.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I think I will wait 6 months to a year before applying to Bank of America.

-Mizu
14 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Question about income:credit card

Thanks everyone. I was able to get 3 new cards. Target, US Bank Visa Platinum and the Discover More card. I don't think my income was a huge factor though. US Bank and Discover were very generous with their credit limits. Target only gave me $500 though

Be patient with your Target card because you have a credit limit a lot of people with 200 cl are still there after having the card for years and plus they probably will pull a soft on you for your next cli or upgrade you to the visa down the line anytime.....you never know:cool:
14 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Question about income:credit card

Wow is the Target card really that bad? You're not the first person to tell me that. What is so bad about it if you don't mind? I was really excited to get that one. Not as excited as the Discover card, but still excited. I shop at Target at least weekly.

If your paying the REDCARD in full, you should keep using it (epically since you said your shop at Target on a weekly basis). Also I might add, start using their pharmacy. The Target reward system works like this... $1,000.00 = a 10% off shopping day, OR 10 prescriptions = a 10% off shopping day. The chances of obtaining rewards is much faster with the pharmacy than just regular transactions. The pharmacy is quite nice too. It's very unique. I believe the APR for the REDCARD is something like 18%+. Your other cards have a much more pleasant rate. ;)
14 years 5 months ago #3

PS

Wow is the Target card really that bad? You're not the first person to tell me that. What is so bad about it if you don't mind? I was really excited to get that one. Not as excited as the Discover card, but still excited. I shop at Target at least weekly.
14 years 5 months ago #4

I personally wouldn't. I've had bad experiences with Bank of America; however, my brother swears by them. Also you already have three recent hard hits. Those hits will stay on your report for two years. Creditors often declare you high risk after 8; saving those might be a good idea incase something came up (like you needed a new car, etc).

Also I define good credit management with less is more. The most anyone could need is a VISA, Discover, and American express - in my opinion. Also noting, that I think American express and Discover are similar in many ways. So the need for a new card isn't really necessary, again all my opinion. Your US Bank Visa will built a great relationship for future banking solutions, although at the same time you can gain substantial rewards with your Discover card.

Best of luck.

Joey

PS: Ditch the Target REDCARD. :x
Well just pay it off, and let it close itself with no activity.
14 years 5 months ago #5

And now I'm thinking about trying for BoA. Any advice?
14 years 5 months ago #6

Thanks everyone. I was able to get 3 new cards. Target, US Bank Visa Platinum and the Discover More card. I don't think my income was a huge factor though. US Bank and Discover were very generous with their credit limits. Target only gave me $500 though :( I just hope they upgrade me to the Target Visa in a year or two.

-Mizu
14 years 5 months ago #7

*former Target employee*

During the REDCARD application in-store, you're asked for your income range. There's about six different options to select from. So unless you applied elsewhere (not in store) you did input some-kind of income range to Target.

Also if the team member was helping you apply, they may of selected something for you. I've seen that done...
14 years 5 months ago #8

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Question about income:credit card

Bank of America and proof of income go hand in hand(especially dealing with cli's with them). Chase and Citibank... ect it is a standard part of the application process but not as high of a priority as Bank of America.
14 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by skeewee08 on topic Re: Question about income:credit card

Hello Mizu & welcome I think it depends on the lender like Meya said there are some that will ask you to prove you income..ie.. fax your most recent paystub and there are some that won't ask. I know DH applied for Tarjay last year and they did not ask for his income.
14 years 5 months ago #10

The reason I'm asking is because I recently applied for the Target Red Card and no one even bothered to ask me how much I made. Is that normal?
14 years 5 months ago #11

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Question about income:credit card

Hi Mizu, actually your thread can stay here since there is nothing quite similar to it. I agree with smcc, also, there are some creditors who wants you to show proof of your income:

1. During Clis (Barclay's being one of them)
2. Out of the clear blue sky, (this has happen to several members here)
3. After approval/Before mailing the card (Have heard this before)

Depending on which card you are applying for, always be prepared to show proof. You can tell them anything you want to because they are basically judging you by your overall credit background, which will give them some type of guideline of what your income range is.
14 years 5 months ago #12

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Question about income:credit card

Income will determine your original limit if approved for a credit card and income plays an important part when Credit Line Increases are requested but as for being approved for a credit card, you have college kids that have been offered credit cards with no income but that is gong to change real soon.
14 years 5 months ago #13

was created by Mizu

Hi, this is my first post so if this is in the wrong spot, I apologize in advance. My question is about how income plays a part in determining credit card approval. Do they even check? I am looking at getting a few more pieces of plastic to stuff in my purse but I'd like to know how big of a factor income is. Thanks for the help, everyone.

-Mizu
14 years 5 months ago #14