Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by LuLu1980 on topic I have: Hooters $500 Victoria's Secret $250 Best

I have:

Hooters $500
Victoria's Secret $250
Best Buy Mastercard $300
Tribute $300
Macy's $100

And I am an AU on my husbands:
Best Buy Mastercard $2000
Capital One $1750

And my FICO is 589
15 years 10 months ago #1711

Replied by hjm331 on topic Em, do you have ANY

Em, do you have ANY credit cards right now?
15 years 10 months ago #1712

Replied by em072205 on topic See what Target will do

See what Target will do to you and how it will make you feel. I told you not to get discouraged when they deny you. They are out there playing head games with us. I've felt the same way you did when they were out there denying me everytime I applied. Have you tried cap1? You should try them and Hooters, leave Target alone, but I bet if you came back a them in a nother year (or maybe less) they would offer you somethig. Oppps I mean $200...lol.

declined by hooters and capital one. So no go for those guys. I just need to stop applying because my 600 scores are going to take a big hit on these. I'm just glad to get something! :cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #1713

Replied by hjm331 on topic My advice to you is

My advice to you is that just take whatever Capital One gives you and take advantage of the opportunity. It might not what you exactly wanted, but this is how everyone starts out. It's going to help you build a good payment history where all the other banks will look at when you apply for better cards. Capital One is pretty good with CLI's so I wouldn't judge them this early. Good Luck
15 years 10 months ago #1714
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Irigianlly Posted 2008-05-20 11:42:01 by

Irigianlly Posted 2008-05-20 11]Lulu1980[/b] from credit card Reviews

Can anyone please tell me if I was approved or not???

I applied for this card about a month ago b/c I am an AU on my husbands card and they are really good- customer service-everything, and I was denied.

THEN, about 2-3 weeks ago I got an offer saying, and I quote:

"We've recently reviewed your credit information and have designed an offer we believe is the right one for you...right now. Get this Capital One Mastercard with:
*0% APR on purchases until May 2009
*$0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
*Platinum Bennifits

Plus, take advantage of an automatic credit line increase- just use your card within 90 days, stay within your credit line and make your first three minimum payments on time."

Soo....what does that mean??? I have called the back door number for like, the past week and it still says "it's still under review" and that I should know something "no later than May 30th".

Even a real live person told me that. So, have I been declined????

Err!

15 years 10 months ago #1715
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic See what Target will do

See what Target will do to you and how it will make you feel. I told you not to get discouraged when they deny you. They are out there playing head games with us. I've felt the same way you did when they were out there denying me everytime I applied. Have you tried cap1? You should try them and Hooters, leave Target alone, but I bet if you came back a them in a nother year (or maybe less) they would offer you somethig. Oppps I mean $200...lol.
15 years 10 months ago #1716

Replied by em072205 on topic Please keep us updated when

Please keep us updated when you call them today. Then we cn go on further frm there. I have my fingers crossed for you, and what ever you do, do not be alarmed by a denial. Target has denied many of us for serveral times before issuing their cheap $200 limit credit card. They want to see you fall to your knees first, pssssssst, don't give in.

Denial. Oh well!! I'm done applying because I've done enough damage to my credit...it was so nice to get the Orchard bank one, two years go they declined me so I know I'm doing something right with my credit! :)
15 years 10 months ago #1717
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Please keep us updated when

Please keep us updated when you call them today. Then we cn go on further frm there. I have my fingers crossed for you, and what ever you do, do not be alarmed by a denial. Target has denied many of us for serveral times before issuing their cheap $200 limit credit card. They want to see you fall to your knees first, pssssssst, don't give in.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

15 years 10 months ago #1718
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Rockin35 response to em072205 on

[b

Rockin35 response to em072205 on 19 May 2008 00][/b]
With it being that you applied online over the weekend, your application is not processed yet from the automated scoring system. It will say invalid until Monday after the application is manually decisioned. Call on Monday, you should have an answer. Rockin35
15 years 10 months ago #1719

Replied by em072205 on topic I applied today for a

I applied today for a Target credit card and got the we need additional time to process your application, but I have an application number. So I went online to check on the status on it and it says my application number is invalid. Do you think it's because I just applied or I got declined? :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #1720
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Origianlly Posted in Credit Card

Origianlly Posted in Credit Card Reviews by IrishPm on 2008-05-18 08

FICO scores: EX 690; TU 638; EQ 634

Disappointed in the initial CL but they sent a letter informing me if I pay on time for the next 3 months they will increase CL to a whopping $500.

Never had a late pay, no bankruptcy, no tax liens, no charge offs, no repo's, no garnishments.

Paid off car loan (over 2 years ago), paid off 3 HSBC CC's and closed the accounts after pay off (bad move I'm told), paid AMEX Green Card and closed the account after pay off...

Credit history goes back to 1980 (28 years)...

I only carry one other card...Citi AAdvantage AMEX with CL of $6,000.

Reading in FICO forums that one of the the best ways to increase a credit score is to increase CL.

Any suggestions?

15 years 11 months ago #1721

Replied by hjm331 on topic Originally posted by Alondra on

Originally posted by Alondra on 2008-05-17 12]
I was approved for this card a month a go.American xpress is great.I just have some doubt, call cs did not answer my question.On the summary of this card say no charge of anything include cash advance.When i call cs they are saying there is charge for finance but not for the cash advance,any body please xplain to me,dont understand.Thanks i know iam going to get good answers in here!!!

Alondra, most prime cards and some subprime cards come with no a promotion where there is no interest charges on purchases for a certain period, usually starting at 6 months. I have never seen a card run a promotion where there is no interest charges on cash advances. Cash advances are usually around 22-23% which is pretty high but if you will have the money to cover it in the future, it's definitely worth it in the long run. g/l

15 years 11 months ago #1722

Replied by hjm331 on topic Originally Posted: 17 May 2008

Originally Posted]
I was just approved for tires at Tire Kingdom but the credit card is for Citi. Anyone have a clue what Citi credit card I'm looking at? I expect to receive it in 14 days but have no clue what to expect -- is it a gas card, Tire Kingdom specific or what? Got any idea? I appreciate any responses. Thank you and hope you are all having a lovely, lovely weekend.

I did some research on this card and it looks like you can use it for purchases at tire kingdom. It's not a Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, or Discover branded card so it can be only used at Tire Kingdom. So I guess you can call it a "store card" since it can't be used everywhere.

Here's the link to the card]http://www.tirekingdom.com/creditApp.aspx[/URL]

15 years 11 months ago #1723
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Originally posted by Alondra on

Originally posted by Alondra on 2008-05-17 12

I was approved for this card a month a go.American xpress is great.I just have some doubt, call cs did not answer my question.On the summary of this card say no charge of anything include cash advance.When i call cs they are saying there is charge for finance but not for the cash advance,any body please xplain to me,dont understand.Thanks i know iam going to get good answers in here!!!

15 years 11 months ago #1724
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Originally Posted: 17 May 2008

Originally Posted

I was just approved for tires at Tire Kingdom but the credit card is for Citi. Anyone have a clue what Citi credit card I'm looking at? I expect to receive it in 14 days but have no clue what to expect -- is it a gas card, Tire Kingdom specific or what? Got any idea? I appreciate any responses. Thank you and hope you are all having a lovely, lovely weekend.
15 years 11 months ago #1725