Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Question on Best Buy credit card

Hey guys I'm new here but I just had a quick question that I was hoping someone could help me with. I applied for the Best Buy credit card from HSBC back in November and was approved. They said the card would be here in 4-6 weeks, but never arrived. So I called and they said it was sent back and they would send a new one. This was back in December before Christmas, and the card still has not arrived. So what I'm wondering is

Since you've already used a hard pull on your credit report, I suggest trying to get the card. Make sure the address is correct. As they said, it was retured (the mailing service did not get the proper address). Because of this trouble ask if they can send it via a faster mailing service. When you applied, did you get a temp card? If so, have you been recieving a statement each month?
13 years 2 months ago #121

Replied by mczajka on topic Question on Best Buy credit card

Hey guys I'm new here but I just had a quick question that I was hoping someone could help me with. I applied for the Best Buy credit card from HSBC back in November and was approved. They said the card would be here in 4-6 weeks, but never arrived. So I called and they said it was sent back and they would send a new one. This was back in December before Christmas, and the card still has not arrived. So what I'm wondering is: should I call and try to get them to send it again, or just cancel the card?
13 years 2 months ago #122

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Amex
13 years 2 months ago #123

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

See that's my point Wanderer ! You have a card which you can customize to your personal needs. The old way of " this is what we offer as far as benefits for this card" are now becoming antiquated.

Why doesn't AMEX's Platinum Card include the same advantages that the Gold Premier Card offers, i.e. 3 points on travel, 2 points for Groceries/Fuel ?

Think about this Wanderer, the upgrade in hotel rooms that the Platinum Card is famous for, can't I now go to any of the travel sites, put in a bid and get that same upgrades suite that the Platinum Card would give me at a cheaper rate than my original hotel reservation through AMEX booking ?

I guess my thing is Wanderer is domesticate the Platinum Card somewhat. I know its a Traveler's "must have" but Visa is everywhere AMEX is abroad and accepted in more places.

Bestow upon the Platinum Card all the advantages that the other Charge/Credit cards that AMEX offers. Make it as versatile domestically as it is abroad and make it as desirable as the card you spoke about. Only then maybe, and I mean maybe, you can warrant such a high AF

smcc - I had the Platinum American Express Charge Card with and AF of $450 with the companion ticket, airport lounge access, gym/exercise facilities at selected sites and more but I did NOT travel enough to justify the status and so I tried the Platinum Centurion Credit Card from American Express (no AF $20K CL low APR) and loved it similar to what you have in mind however, it is gone. Today I would have a hard time moving from a Gold American Express Premier Charge Card with $175 AF for the Platinum American Express Charge Card as the value has been slowly removed over time and the value isn't there!
13 years 3 months ago #124

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

See that's my point Wanderer ! You have a card which you can customize to your personal needs. The old way of " this is what we offer as far as benefits for this card" are now becoming antiquated.

Why doesn't AMEX's Platinum Card include the same advantages that the Gold Premier Card offers, i.e. 3 points on travel, 2 points for Groceries/Fuel ?

Think about this Wanderer, the upgrade in hotel rooms that the Platinum Card is famous for, can't I now go to any of the travel sites, put in a bid and get that same upgrades suite that the Platinum Card would give me at a cheaper rate than my original hotel reservation through AMEX booking ?

I guess my thing is Wanderer is domesticate the Platinum Card somewhat. I know its a Traveler's "must have" but Visa is everywhere AMEX is abroad and accepted in more places.

Bestow upon the Platinum Card all the advantages that the other Charge/Credit cards that AMEX offers. Make it as versatile domestically as it is abroad and make it as desirable as the card you spoke about. Only then maybe, and I mean maybe, you can warrant such a high AF
13 years 3 months ago #125

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Since this is the forum for Credit Card Questions, then here's one, Why is AMEX still charging $450 for their Platinum Card ? Their is no more "Companion Ticket", the Airport Lounge access is overrated, The hotel room upgrade is good if you go in the middle of Feb. (LOL) ! Seriously, the card only affords you one for one in regards to points total.

The Gold Premier Rewards Card gives you two for one, in regards to gas and grocery purchases. Now you won't get in the Delta Lounge and you won't get the Suite at the "W" hotel on an upgrade, but the $275 difference in Annual Fee more than justifies the choice of the Gold Premier Rewards Card.

Now I know the allure of the Platinum Card still resonates in some of us, (me for sure), but cmon AMEX, reduce that Annual Fee, your competition is getting close to your amenities with no or smaller AF's and the your Premier Card has to be biting at your ankles !

smcc - make your next card a Chase Freedom Visa or Mastercard :cc: and decide benefits your way. Some of the options are for no annual fee, lower APR and lots of points/cash depending on how you set it up. Love mine and I must harvest over $400+ cash :moneybag: a year. Oh, no blackout dates using my approach! :innocent:
13 years 3 months ago #126

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Since this is the forum for Credit Card Questions, then here's one, Why is AMEX still charging $450 for their Platinum Card ? Their is no more "Companion Ticket", the Airport Lounge access is overrated, The hotel room upgrade is good if you go in the middle of Feb. (LOL) ! Seriously, the card only affords you one for one in regards to points total.

The Gold Premier Rewards Card gives you two for one, in regards to gas and grocery purchases. Now you won't get in the Delta Lounge and you won't get the Suite at the "W" hotel on an upgrade, but the $275 difference in Annual Fee more than justifies the choice of the Gold Premier Rewards Card.

Now I know the allure of the Platinum Card still resonates in some of us, (me for sure), but cmon AMEX, reduce that Annual Fee, your competition is getting close to your amenities with no or smaller AF's and the your Premier Card has to be biting at your ankles !
13 years 3 months ago #127

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Hi Kiejon, nice to see you again. Are you talking about the Ink Cash Business Card from Chase Bank? http://www.inkfromchase.com/cards/ink-cash/

Lol those Chase cards remind me of in-store cards. Because it's hard to see the Visa / MasterCard logos. :scared:
13 years 3 months ago #128
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Hi Kiejon, nice to see you again. Are you talking about the Ink Cash Business Card from Chase Bank? http://www.inkfromchase.com/cards/ink-cash/
13 years 3 months ago #129

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Hello Network DO anybody No about the Ink Cash business card I have been getting so many Mail offers for this card in the last 30 days 2 at home and 3 at my office and a phone call last nite on the offer it states Unlimited cash back on my business purchases. 100 cash back 0% introductory apr and no annual fee plus a 0% apr on purchases and balance transfers
13 years 3 months ago #130

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Cash Back Cards?

In this year 2011, one of my financial goals is to get a good cash back card.

Any suggestions?

Chase Freedom Visa or Mastercard... I have been promoting this card as a cash cow (harvest $400+ a year). There are different versions so you need to consider the one that works best for you. Chase changes things to keep us on our toes. :cc: Rewards have different levels. Cash is king in my world as I can buy airplane tickets (no blackout dates or airline requirements), vacations or dining out or ...?) :cash:
13 years 3 months ago #131

Replied by Joeyman on topic Cash Back Cards?

In this year 2011, one of my financial goals is to get a good cash back card.

Any suggestions? :dumbfounded:
13 years 3 months ago #132

Replied by krave on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

i'm sorry if this post is out of place. i'm new poster.

i apllied for a walmart credit card and was approved.

i'm computer dumb.

my question is do they send the card in the mail and is there a way to check the status of my card after it's in the mail. how long does it take to get to me. i did my best to search the site but couldn't figure it out. help!

again i'm sorry if i'm in the wrong place

scaperoo2

hello scaperoo,

i also applied for a walmart credit card (in-store) last year and based from my own experience, i received my card in the mail approximately 1 week after in-store approval.

when your card arrives, it's gonna ask you to activate your card by calling a 1-800 number. i did not looked at their website to find out about the status of my card, because they gave me a printed receipt indicating my approval and credit limit - and informed me i can use it within 24 hours. maybe you could try calling them to find out if they mailed it already.

hope this helps. and congratulations on your approval![/quote]

merry christmas!

- k -

13 years 3 months ago #133

Replied by scaperoo2 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

i'm sorry if this post is out of place. i'm new poster.

i apllied for a walmart credit card and was approved.

i'm computer dumb.

my question is do they send the card in the mail and is there a way to check the status of my card after it's in the mail. how long does it take to get to me. i did my best to search the site but couldn't figure it out. help!

again i'm sorry if i'm in the wrong place

scaperoo2
13 years 3 months ago #134

Replied by krave on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

They asked for
-A copy of a recent bank statement
-A copy of my last pay stub
-A copy of my last tax return
-A copy of my last utility bill

My credit history is 4yrs long. I think that they asked for all of this information because I have a fraud alert and special notes that say "don't confuse me with other relatives with the same name." I had an issue with my dad's bad decisions showing up on my credit report. They may not require all of this info from you. But after I sent it in, I was approved.

Thanks for the info! =) :cheesing:
13 years 3 months ago #135