Finally BofA unsecures!!!

Replied by relidtm on topic Re: Finally BofA unsecures!!!

9 months and finally! They will be sending my deposit back of $300 in the mail. They gave me a $500 cli with the unsecuring. My apr of 14.99 and the annual fee of $29 is still on. I will be working on that.

I have been fllowing these forums for a good while and I had something happen to me that I havent read of any other person getting it.

Okay, while I was at getting my card unsecured I had asked for a product change. The csr rep told me that I was eligible and I was happy that I accomplished my goal and didnt ask further about the apr or anything. So I got to thinking and was curious and called back wanting some more info about the card. They will send me another CC! Everything was a soft pull! The Worldpoints will be a Mastercard and my Platinum Plus was a Visa. The worldpoints terms are as follows. 9.99 APR ...0% 12 months on BT's! I do not know my CL as of yet because they are still processing because i really just found out this yesterday night.

how did you find out? I have had mine a year is that how long it usually takes? I have always paid off my balance most of the time and right now it has a 0 balance.. thanks for letting us know but I want to know how did you find out ! haha
14 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Finally BofA unsecures!!!

I hope Chase can give me a CLI soon. The $2,000 CL on my Chase PerfectCard doesn't feel quite as nice as the $4,500 CL on my BoA and Cap 1 card. :laugh:
14 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Finally BofA unsecures!!!

well yeah. Cant complain. I built just enough to get a Chase visa with a 4500cl last month. My last baddie which is the Merrick Bank CO will fall off in June. Cant wait till that happens! current fico scores are 685 Trans, 635 EQ, EX ??

:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
Way to go, that is a cool limit! I wish I were in your shoes....lol.
14 years 11 months ago #18

Congrats on the new Chase approval! That's a very nice limit, hope you enjoy it. What card did you apply for?
14 years 11 months ago #19
  • pumbaablah
  • pumbaablah's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by pumbaablah on topic Re: Finally BofA unsecures!!!

well yeah. Cant complain. I built just enough to get a Chase visa with a 4500cl last month. My last baddie which is the Merrick Bank CO will fall off in June. Cant wait till that happens! current fico scores are 685 Trans, 635 EQ, EX ??
14 years 11 months ago #20

The $29 annual fee is only a small price to pay when you think about the card benefits.

1) It's offered through which is a bank that will grow with you and give you nice increases as time goes on and you build your credit.

2) It's helping you build credit which help you get approved for other prime cards.

3) It looks good on your credit reports.
14 years 11 months ago #21

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Finally BofA unsecures!!!

Well congrats nonetheless on the graduation to the secured card. I just opened mine in February so I know it will be before the end of the year till they unsecure me.
14 years 11 months ago #22
  • pumbaablah

Replied by pumbaablah on topic Re: Finally BofA unsecures!!!

I was told by the CSR that the annual feel and apr will never change on the card. She said the only way to get rid of it is to close the account. Shrugs*
14 years 11 months ago #23

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Finally BofA unsecures!!!

Congratulations, I did not know that they will continue the annual fee even after the card becomes unsecured. Thanks for the info, that's news to me. I have one that is tied to my checking account to prevent overdrafts, not that it really helps. lol. I really would like my card to remain secured, but we shall see. I got mines in September 08.
14 years 11 months ago #24

Congrats! Sweet deal! Hope you enjoy and take care both of your cards. :cool:
14 years 11 months ago #25

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Finally BofA unsecures!!!

pumbaablah, congratulations to you on the BofA graduation and the new card!! I am waiting for my BofA card to graduate too. In the meantime enjoy and again congrats. :cheesing:
14 years 11 months ago #26
  • pumbaablah

was created by pumbaablah

9 months and finally! They will be sending my deposit back of $300 in the mail. They gave me a $500 cli with the unsecuring. My apr of 14.99 and the annual fee of $29 is still on. I will be working on that.

I have been fllowing these forums for a good while and I had something happen to me that I havent read of any other person getting it.

Okay, while I was at getting my card unsecured I had asked for a product change. The csr rep told me that I was eligible and I was happy that I accomplished my goal and didnt ask further about the apr or anything. So I got to thinking and was curious and called back wanting some more info about the card. They will send me another CC! Everything was a soft pull! The Worldpoints will be a Mastercard and my Platinum Plus was a Visa. The worldpoints terms are as follows. 9.99 APR ...0% 12 months on BT's! I do not know my CL as of yet because they are still processing because i really just found out this yesterday night.
14 years 11 months ago #27