Wamu

Replied by porgy1000 on topic I know some people at

I know some people at work who have the WAMU cards. Wamu charges 15% interest until you run your balance over 50% then ZING they double your rate to 30% in the hopes you cant pay it off. I wonder if they will break your legs if you are a day late on your payment. They make the Mafia seem tame.

Try to get main line credit cards from non S & L's
16 years 2 months ago #181
  • CLIFTON
  • CLIFTON's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Hey Clifton what's up? How

Hey Clifton what's up? How long did it take you to receive the invitation for the WAMU Visa since you started rebuilding your credit?

I started in June and I received the invitation in October.
16 years 2 months ago #182

Replied by hjm331 on topic Hey Clifton what's up? How

Hey Clifton what's up? How long did it take you to receive the invitation for the WAMU Visa since you started rebuilding your credit?
16 years 3 months ago #183
  • CLIFTON

Replied by CLIFTON on topic This Wamu Visa that I

This Wamu Visa that I am receiving does not have an annual fee but they are charging me $7.95 per month for credit protection which I think is excessive (they have to make their money somehow). But I will not have a card without it so it is necessary expense in my opinion. Wamu also said that they will periodically review my account and give credit limit increases if I meet certain criteria.
16 years 5 months ago #184

Replied by Meya on topic I dont think WAMU likes

I dont think WAMU likes me :worried:

Well guess what? They can kiss....oops! Temper, temper, Meya! You know the rules and regulations here!
:fun:
16 years 5 months ago #185
  • BrentO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by BrentO on topic LOL you and i must

LOL you and i must be using the same brain (scary i know :cheesing: ) but i too applied for and got a credit one platinum visa (300 cl) oh and i just got a cli on my sams club credit account 500 to 800. go me go me..........ok ill stop now :)
16 years 5 months ago #186
  • CLIFTON

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Hey clifton, congrats on the

Hey clifton, congrats on the wamu visa. I had a CO with them (back when they were providian) and cant get their card. I did get the Citi platinum select card though. And yes like you i dont think AMEX will ever approve me for one of their cards.....oh well ill stick with MC, Visa and my direct rewards platinum discover.

Thanks Brent. I found out today that I was approved for a Platinum Visa by CreditOne (it hasn't arrived yet). They only gave me a 200 dollar limit. And you know those fees are ridiculous--I am going to pay them off before I use the card (like I have a choice). I am going to activate the card, pay the fees, and use the card for small purchases that I can pay off quickly before the grace period on the purchases expires.
16 years 5 months ago #187
  • BrentO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by BrentO on topic Hey clifton, congrats on the

Hey clifton, congrats on the wamu visa. I had a CO with them (back when they were providian) and cant get their card. I did get the Citi platinum select card though. And yes like you i dont think AMEX will ever approve me for one of their cards.....oh well ill stick with MC, Visa and my direct rewards platinum discover.
16 years 5 months ago #188
  • CLIFTON

Replied by CLIFTON on topic I got a letter from

I got a letter from Citi denying me their Platinum MasterCard. That is ok because I have other options. I know very well why I was denied. But I think I am starting on the right track with the accounts that I have now. There is still much to clean up and rectify on my credit report. I wonder if I will ever get an American Express card in this lifetime?
16 years 5 months ago #189
  • CLIFTON

was created by CLIFTON

I was approved for a WAMU Platinum Visa with a 1000 dollar credit limit, but I am still waiting to receive and activate it. As it stands right now, these are the cards that I have:

CapitalOne Visa--300 cl (balance)
PremierBank MasterCard--250 cl (0 balance)
HSBC Cash or Fly MasterCard--750 cl (0 balance)
Direct Rewards Discover Network--1400 cl (0 balance)
WAMU Platinum Visa--1000 cl (waiting to receive it in the mail)

This is a good start to rebuilding my credit and credit history. I have not heard anything back from citi about their platinum card that I applied for nor have I heard from credit one about their card (even though the took a peek at my experian report). I plan to pay the balance off on my CapitalOne card before I begin using the WAMU card when it arrives.

16 years 5 months ago #190