Capital One Change in Terms

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

:shocked: :shocked: Sorry, I mean "He!" :innocent:
14 years 10 months ago #46

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

As long as she don't throw them to the side like I did, I thought that letter was a check or car loan offer, but when I decided to get ready to shred it, I realized it was a "kiss my behind on an APR Decreasement offer."

:confused: :dumbfounded: who is she............
14 years 10 months ago #47

blue and red? like a light color? As long as they are purchase checks with no transaction fee they should be good.

As long as she don't throw them to the side like I did, I thought that letter was a check or car loan offer, but when I decided to get ready to shred it, I realized it was a "kiss my behind on an APR Decreasement offer.":laugh:
14 years 10 months ago #48

blue and red? like a light color? As long as they are purchase checks with no transaction fee they should be good.

thnx..the blue checks states "low fixed 0% apr for 12 months" and the red states " same rate as purchase" it says i can choose a no transaction fee option or choose a low, fixed 0% apr for 12 month on transferred balances or use both. the reason i had asked is because i had never used checks like these before.
14 years 10 months ago #49

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

A couple of days ago i received blue and red checks from Capital One, have anyone received them or used them before?

14 years 10 months ago #50

A couple of days ago i received blue and red checks from Capital One, have anyone received them or used them before?
14 years 10 months ago #51

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

14 years 10 months ago #52

Well here is something that was very odd, true, but funny to me. I applied for my husband a Cap1 card a few weeks ago, and he was denied online. We used the good credit cards because unfortunately they were not offering any rebuild cards at that time. Well, we just read the denial letter yesterday and it clearly stated that, hello Mr....., unfortunately we are unable to offer you credit at this time due to economic hardship in your area (or location)......YOUR SCORES WILL NOT BE AFFECTED BY THIS DENIAL BECAUSE WE DID NOT PULL YOUR CREDIT REPORT FOR THIS APPLICATION, AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN INQUIRY! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know it hurts to be denied, but I had to fall to the floor when I read this. I guess I will not be asking them for a cli for a while because it is not going to do us any good. They are tightening up on their end, as the senior told me recently, and now I really believe it. Good luck to those who still want to give it a chance, but for those who currently have a cap one card, I think we need sit back and chill with what we got.....lol.
:white-flag:
14 years 11 months ago #53
  • interjack
  • interjack's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

I got it last week.
15 years 1 month ago #54

When did you get your letter?
15 years 1 month ago #55
  • interjack
  • interjack's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Sorry it took so long to post back, but I am going from an APR of 12.99 to 17.99.
15 years 1 month ago #56

Very True!
15 years 1 month ago #57

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

At the end of the day, it's still business.
15 years 1 month ago #58

Well crack my face twice :laugh: :laugh: . Thanks, colo cleared it up for me. Its a good think were able to keep the 3.99 because baaaaaby looookkkaaa here, I would have went crazy with that much finance charging over my back. That will make you charge less even though it is the same on other cards. I guess it just hurts our feeling when we see it is cap1 doing these type of things.
:relieved:
15 years 1 month ago #59

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

So wait a minute, I am lost, you said the reason was due to economic times...and they are raising balance and balance transfers. So they took away the 3.99% that was offered to you? I see you stated above that they are raising it, but then they turned around and said "Promotional or introductory" will stay the same.

No they are NOT taking away the 3.99%. That was a promotional rate offered when I received a check in the mail. Now I believe they are taking about (just like Colo stated) about the purchase/balance transfer checks w/ NO FEE that you get in the mail. Those are not introductory rates because they still charge you the same APR.
15 years 1 month ago #60