Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

Well Rockin, only you know what is best. I would hate for that to happen, but what can I say. I do want to add something, I recall someone mentioning that filing BK is not going to be as easy as it was before. When I find a link (or what thread it was in) I will post it in here for you.

I can say one thing, I feel what you are talking about, I have been getting letter of "Account Changes" from a few creditors where they have hiked their Apr's and other things. It's cold blooded and greed, I wish that creditors were sent a message from our president that they can not make up their loss from ripping off the customers and begging for bail outs too. They know we are in crisis also! As long as they get their payments, they should not be scratching our pockets. They are targeting those who pay min balances or low balances per month. If that was so much of crime, then why did they make that available on the contract? These banks are tripping. :upset:
15 years 2 months ago #16

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

But at this point, seeing so much injustices being pushed aside and watching these companies that have thrived for 50-75 years+, during 14 months of economic slow down,....decide to lay off the employees and hike gas prices... then hike our cc fees too.

Just at this very moment I am tired of playing by the rules. I'm checking with some attorneys next week. I would rather give them $1100 than pay 50K over the next 8 years due to inflated rates because our economy is bad.

Rockin35

Well, I don't want to sound judgemental, but this is the typical American attitude and look where it has got us. Sorry, had to say it. Good luck with your decision.
15 years 2 months ago #17

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

You know what... getting off the subject. I have paid and paid and never missed over the past 5 years. But if they begin hiking up my fees on my chase accounts, I will seriously have to consider chapter 13 at this point. Something I've always avoided, as long as I am healthy, mind-body-and-spirit, my mom tolld me I should always work to pay off my own debt.

But at this point, seeing so much injustices being pushed aside and watching these companies that have thrived for 50-75 years+, during 14 months of economic slow down,....decide to lay off the employees and hike gas prices... then hike our cc fees too.

At this point, I'm seriously considering chapter 13 since the economy has another 11 months before improving. By then, half the planet will be laid off anyways. Maybe Barack will alert the 3 Major credit bureaus to stop some of this harsh a-- backlash to missing a pmt here and their.

Just at this very moment I am tired of playing by the rules. I'm checking with some attorneys next week. I would rather give them $1100 than pay 50K over the next 8 years due to inflated rates because our economy is bad.

Rockin35
15 years 2 months ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

Maybe Best Buy is blaming and charging HSBC for driving their customers away due to small limits and annual fees on the Best Buy M/C.

I don't think that would drive their customers away. Best Buys "Customer Satisfaction," and price of goods will makes that up. Gemb, is going to ruin their own reputation pretty soon. ~~~~Watch and see!~~~~:confused:
15 years 2 months ago #19

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

Maybe Best Buy is blaming and charging HSBC for driving their customers away due to small limits and annual fees on the Best Buy M/C.

Neiman Marcus has said that they are not happy with HSBC issuing their cards and might change after their contract ends. So it could be.
15 years 2 months ago #20

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

Maybe Best Buy is blaming and charging HSBC for driving their customers away due to small limits and annual fees on the Best Buy M/C. :cool:
15 years 2 months ago #21

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

Well, thankfully I havent received anything from CapOne yet about any interest rates going up, but why does HSBC have to single out the Best Buy MC? I mean the interest rate on that card is already close to 20% and they have a 79 AF attached to it.... That's crazy....
15 years 2 months ago #22

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Chase, Capital One, HSBC, and all other card holders Have to read this

They're definitely neutral in terms of attitude.
15 years 2 months ago #23

I can expect anything from HSBC, but cap one just lowered majority of customers (here at FG) financing charges. We were just wondering this reason on another thread, which I believe is Cap 1, why our min payments were so low. Oh well, I agree with all here, this is just another banks greed. If Cap 1 starts to clown like all the rest of the circus, then they will be at the bottom of my books also. Thanks for the info smcc.

I think it is just the sign of the times. I really like Capital One still, they have not done me wrong in 11 years. They can raise the cash APR all they want, I won't take any cash out on it. They could have raised my purchase APR but didn't. They probably look at history, credit score etc before they do anything rash. Time will tell I guess...
15 years 2 months ago #24

Hardekopf says Capital One is also raising rates on a "significant" number of cards offered to new borrowers; some card rates are rising by nearly 6 percentage points, to 14% from 8%.

I can expect anything from HSBC, but cap one just lowered majority of customers (here at FG) financing charges. We were just wondering this reason on another thread, which I believe is Cap 1, why our min payments were so low. Oh well, I agree with all here, this is just another banks greed. If Cap 1 starts to clown like all the rest of the circus, then they will be at the bottom of my books also. Thanks for the info smcc.
15 years 2 months ago #25

I would've closed my Chamu account if it didn't have a decent history.

HA! Chamu, thats good. Honestly I have never had a problem with Chase. Though as I have said before, now that it is basically a First USA/Bank One card hiding under the Chase name I am not as impressed. But still no real problems.
15 years 2 months ago #26

I would've closed my Chamu account if it didn't have a decent history.
15 years 2 months ago #27

I received a change in terms on my Capital One this weekend. They are changing my Cash APR from 10.9% Fixed and raising it to 24.9%. But they are leaving the purchase APR (10.9%) alone. All the more reason not to take cash out on it.

I am worried about Chase. They lowered my APR to 7.99% Fixed back in 2003 and have not touched it since. I liked the fact that I had a card with a low fixed rate. We shall see.....
:white-flag:
15 years 2 months ago #28

This decision doesn't prevent them from any risk, it just generates more revenue. Why are these banks so greedy?

They're taking advantage of the fact that many of us either have too many cards to remember due dates or simply don't have the funds to pay the minimum payment before the due date.
15 years 2 months ago #29
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

Good Morning:

Big Brother is yet tightening down on Credit Card holders:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/credit/2009-02-16-credit-card-reform_N.htm

Amazing thing is now some in this article are giving you an option to slit your own throat if you don't hurry up and pay off what you owe !
15 years 2 months ago #30