Card holders not being able to make payments

• smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Card holders not being able to make payments

Problem is Meya is that society is now using their credit cards to make ends meet when their paycheck or unemployment insurance does not cover it all. Now when you can't make the minimum payment on your credit card.............?
15 years 2 months ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Card holders not being able to make payments

That is when majority of my depression will be over.
They way the things are going right now, I would not be surprised if we got an I.O.U. for our returns. :worried: :confused:

The article just told it like it is, and I can feel some of that pressure right now. Look at it this way, my husbands crew were at the end of completing the external construction site, that was a huge relief because it will keep them at work when it rained. A screw up happened and now they are tearing down and rebuilding some external areas that did not meet city approval. Guuuuurl, if it starts to rain, and they can not continue, I am going to go crazy. His job just handed out 20 pink slips :scared: :scared: . AS usual, you know my husband went straight to the boss man, closed the door right behind, and got that yapping his lips. The boss man told him that he has nothing to worry about and don't panic. Yeah right, that is what he told him the last time and everyone had to get unemployment.

I will have to foot all these bills again by myself. If I have to do it this year, somebody, like some of these cards are going to have to get shut back. This is why I wanted to apply for a loan so I can pay them off and narrow the payments. This way I will target the loan faster than the cc's with relief off of my back. I do not want them coming to me first with the cld's, closing accounts, penalizing me for being late, etc. I have already been through hell with credit before, I have kept my strength with handling what I mess up, but I guess I forgot about what they joy of spending can do to you. This has to be done before the student loans kick back in for good. We have to pay our bills and shut this credit thingy down for a while sis, I am not going to let it get the best of me. All those smiles will soon turn into cries.....lol
15 years 2 months ago #32

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Card holders not being able to make payments

Tell it like it is sis!!! I hear you we have to rob peter just to pay paul and by the time we pay everything we are broke. Im glad income tax time is here then maybe we can pay up some of our bills to make it easy on us later. :relieved: :relieved:
15 years 2 months ago #33

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Card holders not being able to make payments

You would think that these banks would understand what the consumer is going through and accept the payments that the consumer are able to give them. Once they start to see minimum payments come in too regular, I bet they are going to decrease or raise APR. Is it fair that banks can go bankrupt and receive gov bailouts and the consumer can't? If they are struggling, what they think about us. We probably can't even get a loan to help pay off our debts, yet they are receiving help, and still tearing our throats out.

Credit is starting to be the worse you can ever get, we get it, can't use it. If we use it, all sorts of increase Apr's and cld's start to happen. When I pay my bills, I sometimes sweat because it is not the same as it used to be, it's higher!

When in the world did my electric bill skyrocketed my gas bill, when gas is what I use the most? I had to give my utility company $200 of the $296 they were asking for, the remsining $96 had to go towards some grocery in my home. I still have another week to pay it off before the late charge kicks in, but I remember when I was able to give them more than what they asked for, and receive credit for the next. Gee whiz!
15 years 2 months ago #34
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

This article was in the USA Today's paper and I thought I would share it with everyone:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/credit/2009-01-29-consumer-credit-delinquincies_N.htm

This statment from the article says it all:

Even with less debt, consumers are struggling to pay their card bills. The average household with at least one credit card owed $10,728 in 2008, nearly the same amount as in 2007, according to CardTrak.com.
15 years 2 months ago #35