Chevron Gas Card

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

It does sound like a good deal especially for those without AAA membership.
15 years 2 months ago #16
  • charonh
  • charonh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

Its called Safetrek Premier, but they offer several memberships that offer less or more benefits.
15 years 2 months ago #17

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

That does sound like a bargain. I wonder if it's cheaper than paying for Roadside Assistance from AAA though.

It is. You can get Roadside Assistance (basic package) from AAA for $60 bucks a year and you get all the other additional benefits too (except for the life insurance).
15 years 2 months ago #18

That does sound like a bargain. I wonder if it's cheaper than paying for Roadside Assistance from AAA though.
15 years 2 months ago #19
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

How much do they charge for roadside assistance?

$6.75/monthly, which includes roadside assistance, a small life insurance policy, key registration svc, and discounts on car rentals and hotel stays. I think its a pretty good deal, I've been enrolled every since I opened my account and it has came in pretty handy for me, especially the roadside assistance.
15 years 2 months ago #20

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

I always called in for an increase. I just use the number on the back of our card. At first I was using them lightly (more on debit card) because paying $125 on a $400 balance was too much. Now that GEMB took over, I use it pretty more often because we don't have to get our throats cut off from it. My husband is the one who uses it the most because he drives more than I do.

My job is just two blocks away, the school bus stops at the end of my block for one child, at my doorstep for the other (when they go to school), and 4 blocks away when they come home. If I take the older one to school, its probably 1 mile away. I don't really drive far away, so I just use the debt card. That is one card I will be too ashame to max out....gas! OH wait, let me clear that up, I did max it out for the summer:laugh:. I put that back because it is of no benefit to me, we don't get rewards, sale papers, coupons or nothing on it. You are making a smart move by not bothering it as much.
15 years 2 months ago #21

How much do they charge for roadside assistance?
15 years 2 months ago #22
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Thanks Meya, did you apply online? I had mine before GEMB tookover, during which time, I never received any increases, after GEMB tookover, I requested one online and it offered me $200 and told to press a button to accept so I did. That was last year. Do you use yours a lot? I haven't used mine in over six months, but they bill me for roadside service every month and in order to keep it active.
15 years 2 months ago #23

Ohhhk, here we go! They said that they will mail a decision within 7-10 business days and my last cli was may 2008 from $1500 to $1800. I have getting No's every since then. Now when I went back to the thread I started about them changing our accounts to GEMB that was in April 4th, 2008. So I only got one increase while it was in under GEMB. That is "IF" it was totally transfered over to GEMB at that time. It was probably still under chevron.:worried:

I say give it a try, it will not hurt because they do not do a hard pull. But then again, let me tell you another scenario. I used to have a Lanebryant card right? Well, LaneBryant financial backer was WFNB, I called in and asked for a cli when they transfered it to Spirit of America, and they did a hard pull on me. :upset:

When I called and asked why, they stated, "We had to do a hard pull because we did not have an updated credit report for our files". If you got the card before it went to GEMB then I will tell you that they might do a hard pull. If you applied after it was GEMB then you should be all good.
15 years 2 months ago #24

Glad you reminded me, let me call right now before I go out this door....lol:laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #25
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Dang hjm331, I wish I had friends like you.:cheesing: Meya, keep me posted, I am going to hit the luv button at the end of February.
15 years 2 months ago #26

I think it was the begining of last year. I tell you what, I will call tomorrow and ask for a cli, even though I know it will be denied, I am going to ask them when was my last cli, then I will be more accurate. other than that, I will have to search through the "Report your cli" thread and we all know it is pretty loooooooooong:laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #27
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Eugene66, I figured as much, I was not pleased when they tookover. Meya when's the last time you requested one and was successful?
15 years 2 months ago #28

Majority of my cli's was before it got with gemb. gemb has been trippin with my cli's, I get denied everytime.:worried:
15 years 2 months ago #29

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

I closed my chevron card immediately after Gemb cld me a few months ago because the reason was ridiculous( i also closed all Gemb accounts) but when chevron bank was in charge i received pretty good cli's and I used the card to the max and pif every month.

I recieved an pre- approved offer for the visa a week ago (are they kidding me:upset:)and just put it in the shredder and decided it's never worth it for me to deal with any product that is backed by gemb bank.

I wish you the best of luck dealing with them:cool:
15 years 2 months ago #30