Concierge Service

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Concierge Service

Way to go smcc! Glad everyone was ok. The concierge card is really there for you. Makes me feel so good to hear that banks are backing their customer satisfaction with style and love.:laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Concierge Service

Not all American Express cards have a fee. I know for a fact that the AMEX Blue, Blue Cash, Blue Sky, and Clear cards don't have any AF's attached.
15 years 2 months ago #17

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Concierge Service

I will look into it after I get a card that offers it, lol. Are the charges built into the card? I know Amex offers it, but their cards have annual fees. I guess I could find out myself, but its easier just to ask you, smcc.:cheesing:
15 years 2 months ago #18
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Concierge Service

Had to pick up the wife at the job today and had a flat on the car. The bolts on the tire could not be removed by myself (broke one off in the process) so doing it myself was out. Called Roadside Assistance through my insurance policy and they told me an hour. Called Visa Concierge and they had someone out in 20 minutes !

Service was professional, quick and without delay. Again everyone, if you have this perk look into it. There are great benefits associated with the service no matter who you financial provider is :cheesing:
15 years 2 months ago #19

Brian23, good luck and I know they will approve you when you're ready to apply for their secured card.
15 years 2 months ago #20

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Concierge Service

That offer is similiar to the BoA 99/500 partially secured card.

I know and I really do miss BOA. Too bad, they still haven't let me back in their good graces yet. But I am thinking of probably going the fully secured route with them until they unsecure me. I just need to clear the balances on all my other cards (which I only have a couple of hundred left).
15 years 2 months ago #21

That offer is similiar to the BoA 99/500 partially secured card.
15 years 2 months ago #22

Well, in all fairness my 1st CapOne was a 500 CL (student card) and I had to pay 99 non-refundable fee to get it and the 1st year and half I had it, I never saw an increase. But, I have to admit, they sure have changed those old tactics now.
15 years 2 months ago #23

Mine is a student card with a 3.5k limit and 12% APR with 1% cashback.

That's how far they've come. :laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #24

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Concierge Service

Capital One really has changed since I had an account with them, because all I have are bad memories. Low credit line, no credit line inceases, etc. Maybe mine being a student card had something to do with it.

Mine is a student card with a 3.5k limit and 12% APR with 1% cashback.
15 years 2 months ago #25

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Concierge Service

Capital One has been great for me. Any time I want to do a BT, the just send me a No Hassle check... My credit limits with them are some of the highest I have. I really don't have any complaints with them.

Capital One really has changed since I had an account with them, because all I have are bad memories. Low credit line, no credit line inceases, etc. Maybe mine being a student card had something to do with it.
15 years 2 months ago #26

I know it sounds really stupid, but it felt good to call HSBC and tell them that I wanted to close my account.

Yeap, it feels good to have that power over them. Use them for what they're there for and when you are ready, you can move on.
15 years 3 months ago #27

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Concierge Service

The subprime banks are just stepping stones for all of us rebuilders. But Meya, as soon as your baddies come off you CR, you should kick them to the curb and never look back...

I know it sounds really stupid, but it felt good to call HSBC and tell them that I wanted to close my account. :laugh: Maybe just maybe if I got that CLI or if my APR wasn't 23%+$35 annual fee, then maybe I would have kept it.
15 years 3 months ago #28

The subprime banks are just stepping stones for all of us rebuilders. But Meya, as soon as your baddies come off you CR, you should kick them to the curb and never look back...
15 years 3 months ago #29

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Concierge Service

:white-flag:
15 years 3 months ago #30