Citi Change In Terms

Replied by dunta on topic Re: Citi Change In Terms

Sorry to hear your rate increase. I will not be carrying a balance with them.

I am a new customer of Citi and I just got the Platinum Select card last month before all the bad stuff was reported about the company.

They gave me 12 months 0% on purchases after that it's prime rate + 3.49%.
15 years 5 months ago #31

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Citi Change In Terms

I still stand by Citi, I just don't agree with that they are doing. By all means, raise the APR on my account because of the economy, but not up to 18.99%!

Yeah its okay. I also dont agree w/ half the crap they do :)
15 years 5 months ago #32
  • ColoNative
  • ColoNative's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Captain
  • Finance Captain

was created by ColoNative

I just received a Change In Terms notice (CIT) for two of my three Citibank credit cards.

On my Citi Platinum Select Dividend MasterCard I currently have 11.4% variable (I believe Prime 4.5 + 7.9) well they are changing it to Prime + 12.99 with a floor of 18.99%.

My AT&T Universal MasterCard is already high, it was at 13.45 or something crazy because it is based on LIBOR, they also are changing this card to 18.99%.

So, I realize that times are hard right now, but it does not make sense to increase the APR of their best (800+ bureau scores) cardholders. I could see Citi losing some good cardholders over this.

I don't pay interest to them, but it is the principle of the matter. Someone with my excellent bureau scores and utilization should have been given a lower APR then 18.99%.

I called both Citi and AT&T Universal and spoke to a supervisor; they "lowered" the Citi card to 14.99% variable and the AT&T is now at 16.99% fixed.

I still stand by Citi, I just don't agree with that they are doing. By all means, raise the APR on my account because of the economy, but not up to 18.99%! :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #33