Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Yeah, you can ask for a Discover CLI over the phone through the automated system. I believe it asks you for the CLI amount and reason. The best part is, you don't get transferred to a live rep. "Home improvement" and "other" are good reasons to choose from as to why you want a CLI.
14 years 7 months ago #91

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Thanks TM. My Discover turns 10 this year and I am still at $7,800. Argh!

Maybe you ahould call Discover and ask about a CLI.
14 years 7 months ago #92

Replied by tmlockes on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Anytime, Colonative. That's why we all sign on everyday; to exchange info. Discover is tough, but I guess that's why they've done ok through everything that's happened in the last year. Since my BOA thing, I am super paranoid, I don't trust any of them.
14 years 7 months ago #93

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

My Discover is 1 1/2 years old. I started out at $6000. I closed it for a month and they begged me to reconsider. That's when they bumped me to $9000. While I was on vacation in May, they gave me the other $900. I guess they could bear to make it an even $10000.

HJM - The Citi limit came from some generous increases and combining cards that were ok. I have to say Citi has been good to me. Even in this credit climate.

Thanks TM. My Discover turns 10 this year and I am still at $7,800. Argh!
14 years 7 months ago #94

Replied by tmlockes on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

My Discover is 1 1/2 years old. I started out at $6000. I closed it for a month and they begged me to reconsider. That's when they bumped me to $9000. While I was on vacation in May, they gave me the other $900. I guess they could bear to make it an even $10000.

HJM - The Citi limit came from some generous increases and combining cards that were ok. I have to say Citi has been good to me. Even in this credit climate.
14 years 7 months ago #95

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Tmlockes, I admire the CL on your Citi card. :cool:
14 years 7 months ago #96

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Oh and just to let you know about me

Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing your information. Can I ask how old your Discover card is?
14 years 7 months ago #97

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

To Hjm331,

You and I are thinking the same thing, I'm wondering what there next course of action will be too.

Rock....TickTock!!35
14 years 7 months ago #98

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Meya,

To answer your question "Who are BOA targeting and why?" Based on what I've read on the Wall Street Journal (I subscribe daily online) and my personal history, I'm assuming RISK alone for me.

I've had many cards that I've obtained over the years and have successfully cancelled a few each year but I've had my share of "high" balances that I managed to pay down and monthly. There are about 7-8 other revolvling bal that I pay monthly & my assumption is, BOA saw this as a threat.

No other reason was stated on my letter other than the mention of the amount of open active revolving accounts. When I called them, the customer service lady went into the entire spill about new laws, apr's, etc etc.

And it took me about 3 yrs to pay off my BOA Mastercard account. So I dunno...

I just got an alert from Equifax, my score went from 703 to 694 as of today.
14 years 7 months ago #99

Oh and just to let you know about me:
Exp 736
Equ 736
Trans 724

Citi Cash 30000
Discover More 9900
Amex Gold Plus Rewards
Lowes 6000
Citi Premier Pass Elite 7000
BOA was 19500 now its history

I'm dead serious about my credit and have a whole lot to offer a board like this. Let me know if you guys needs some new blood around here.
14 years 7 months ago #100

By the way, thanks Meya for "getting it". It wasn't funny at all, hope Mr. SMCC knows what facetious means.
14 years 7 months ago #101

Wow. How was my post taken sooo out of context? I was being facetious when I said I was LMAO! I do take my great credit seriously SMCC. Thanks for being so freakin welcoming. I shared something that I thought would be a great heads up to BOA card holders. While a lot of clownery goes on around here almost daily, I guess I got out of my lane because I'm new to the forum. Who the hell chastises people on a freakin creit card forum? Get a life!
14 years 7 months ago #102
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

while you feel that your comment is amusing tmlockes, everyone here takes their credit situation/history here very seriously. Had you not made the comment that your post was to be taken with humor someone might have taken your comment for gospel and maybe made a decision that should not be made.

Humor has its place tmlockes but not in a forum where people seek advice and share information that can help all.

Let's be nice, besides, the member is new! I think the information was pretty valuable. It's a good thing he or she was able to laugh that off, because I would still be mad about it.
14 years 7 months ago #103
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

:shocked: :shocked: That is soooo wrong Rockin35! Bofa has really been turning their collars up on their good paying customers. You guys have stories here that is shocking me week by week. I am really shocked to hear this from Bofa, now my only question is "Who are they targeting, and why?" They seem to be giving you all "poor excuses!"
14 years 7 months ago #104

I'm anxious to see what their plan of action will be once we're out the recession and they have money to lend but not many consumers to lend it to.
14 years 7 months ago #105