Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

Never had the card, but will love to hear your counter-offer. Don't just leave us in the dark, all reader's would love to hear the full details!:fun:
15 years 4 months ago #16

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

Well,Well, Well. .........................
It seems that Salute has not disappeared of the face of this earth. I recieved a call from them because I still had a balance on the card and had forgot to pay the bill (oops, my bad), anyways a lady from Salute called to ask if there could be a payment arrangement free of charge to not make my account past due. She was willing to work with me and not charge a phone payment fee and no overdue fee. Long story short she stated that I was eligible to have my account re-opened. I know Salute is not a well-liked credit card but they hav given me an ok CL, APR, and no AF compared to others. Heck they gave me a better deal than Hooters. I agreed to have it re-opened as it would be better for my report. So did anyone encounter this offer form them???????????

wow..they already credit my card $66 for the pro-rated annual fee.
15 years 4 months ago #17

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

Well,Well, Well. .........................
It seems that Salute has not disappeared of the face of this earth. I recieved a call from them because I still had a balance on the card and had forgot to pay the bill (oops, my bad), anyways a lady from Salute called to ask if there could be a payment arrangement free of charge to not make my account past due. She was willing to work with me and not charge a phone payment fee and no overdue fee. Long story short she stated that I was eligible to have my account re-opened. I know Salute is not a well-liked credit card but they hav given me an ok CL, APR, and no AF compared to others. Heck they gave me a better deal than Hooters. I agreed to have it re-opened as it would be better for my report. So did anyone encounter this offer form them???????????
15 years 4 months ago #18

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

That's exactly what I do, even if it is just for a McDonald combo or some hair grease. Put something on it. They have to make their money also

I know, it can be hard to remember. I just used Chase this week to keep it active. So I have used all of my cards within the last two months now.
15 years 4 months ago #19

That's exactly what I do, even if it is just for a McDonald combo or some hair grease. Put something on it. They have to make their money also.:worried:
15 years 4 months ago #20

Just stay on your p's and qu's with them. I was just telling HJM that when I go out on a tier one bang, I am going to let Hooter's go first. I am going to beat them to the punch before they get me. I read a story on how they closed (Cireone I think) account for nothing, that was cold blooded.

Sorry for the off topic!

Yep-a reminder for all of use to rotate our sock drawered accounts every few months to avoid this.
15 years 4 months ago #21

Just stay on your p's and qu's with them. I was just telling HJM that when I go out on a tier one bang, I am going to let Hooter's go first. I am going to beat them to the punch before they get me. I read a story on how they closed (Cireone I think) account for nothing, that was cold blooded.

Sorry for the off topic!
15 years 4 months ago #22

Replied by DivaDoNot on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

I have yet to get a letter about my card being closed. I have been making payments and using the card. I just got it in April so maybe they are closing older accounts first?
15 years 4 months ago #23

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

According to the rep I spoke to, she stated that the financing bank, Urban Trust & Bank, has refused to further fund the credit card, which led to the immediate shutdown of the card. I dont understand why they couldnt state the reason in the letter. Anyways, if you have a balance you still have to pay it regardless if its closed.

I can see them not extending any new credit, but why close out current accounts; the credit has already been extended and doesn't need to be backed. Isn't that cutting your nose off to spite your face?:dumbfounded: Now they lose the potential to make future earnings off of fees, there must be more to this story.
15 years 5 months ago #24

I think CompuCredit is servicing all these credit cards but each card has a different bank financing them. I thought I read a news article that the Aspire was the first to go. But the way it seems is as soon as one gets the boot, theres another starting up. Salute is now gone but lets see what new sub-prime comes up. First Premier Bank is now starting up different lines of credit cards (Aventium, Banner). But its still the same gimmick going on.

Yeah, First Premier has been doing that for years. CompuCredit, thats right. I wonder if it is CompuCredit pulling the plug?

I don't have any experience with First Premier; however, my mom had one of their cards in the late 90's. After a year the interest rate dropped to 9.9% and the monthly participation fees stopped. Anybody else? Because if those fees stop then it isn't such a bad deal for someone with flawed credit.
15 years 5 months ago #25

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

I don't think the Feds are off their back quite yet, they seem to be closing everyones cards on this board. Lets just hope they dont start doing it for the other card holders on the network, because there will be some very upset people after that.
15 years 5 months ago #26

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

I think CompuCredit is servicing all these credit cards but each card has a different bank financing them. I thought I read a news article that the Aspire was the first to go. But the way it seems is as soon as one gets the boot, theres another starting up. Salute is now gone but lets see what new sub-prime comes up. First Premier Bank is now starting up different lines of credit cards (Aventium, Banner). But its still the same gimmick going on.
15 years 5 months ago #27

Isn't Aspire issued by Columbus Bank and Trust?

So, I just read that Aspire is being cancelled too. What gives? Most of these cards are issued by diffrerent banks (CB&T, 1st Bank of Delaware, Urban Bank and Trust).

My question then is are all these cards serviced by the same entity and this is why they are closing? You know, like the banks back the financing but they have someone else servicing the accounts?
15 years 5 months ago #28

You would still lose a lot points.

Exactly. It will hurt at first. This topic is also a good concrete fact as to why I tell people to try a secured card first. You avoid weird fees and get your feet in at a prime bank without the worry of the account getting closed.
15 years 5 months ago #29

People are reporting aspire has been shut down as well, I would think tribute and aspen would be next.

Isn't Aspire issued by Columbus Bank and Trust?
15 years 5 months ago #30