The highest initial CL.

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

I wonder who's doing better though. HSBC or Capital One?
15 years 5 months ago #46

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Yeah, I would have to agree. I think Fox Business was talking about Capital One and how they were weathering the storm better the alot of other banks.
15 years 5 months ago #47

That would be really cool. Actually, they're doing a lot better than most of the banks and will definitely survive the recession and reward their customers who haven't defaulted. I can already see it.
15 years 5 months ago #48

Wow, that's really cool. The thing I love about Capital One is that they know how to do business. They reward their customers and keep their customers happy so their customers will keep doing business with them. That is why I'd rather have a Capital One card rather than an AMEX.

It really is true. And it doesn't always happen right away but if you hang in there Capital One really does treat you right. I have been trying to tell people that for years. I can't tell you how many people close them out after a few years. I have to say, my almost 11 years with them is somewhat rare.

Maybe someday Capital One will branch out like Citi and BofA and offer a Capital One American Express, then you get your cake and eat it too.
15 years 5 months ago #49

Kay's $5k!

As for credit card, capital one $3,500

Kay's counts whoo hoo! You go Meya.
15 years 5 months ago #50

Wow, that's really cool. The thing I love about Capital One is that they know how to do business. They reward their customers and keep their customers happy so their customers will keep doing business with them. That is why I'd rather have a Capital One card rather than an AMEX.
15 years 5 months ago #51

Replied by Meya on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Kay's $5k!

As for credit card, capital one $3,500:white-flag:I might faint if I saw a $20k cl cc come through my mailbox.
15 years 5 months ago #52

I should have a $10k limit with Capital One when my credit turns three years old. That's pretty good for a 21 year old

Yes it is. I was 22 when I got mine to $5700. But then during most of this decade Capital One got really weird about the credit line increases; they wouldnt give them. I got it up to $9700 probably back in 2003 and they would not budge on the last $300. Finally this year, they kept sending me these letters about how they really appreciated my patronage and if there was anything they could do to improve the card to let them know. Well, I have 10.9% fixed APR so I didnt want an APR change (even if lower, what goes down comes back up) so I asked, well, I want an even $10K and the rep said sure. I have a friend in Texas who is 32 now and her Captial One has been forever stuck at $2700.
15 years 5 months ago #53

I should have a $10k limit with Capital One when my credit turns three years old. That's pretty good for a 21 year old.:laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #54

My oldest card is also issued by Capital One which was opened last May. It currently has a $3,550 CL and I have a second Capital One that I'm waiting waiting to grow so I can combine it with my older Capital One card. That will give me a CL of $7,550.

Capital One is great and I think they have finally started to print the Member Since date on the cards, I get off on that and since it is my oldest that will be cool.
15 years 5 months ago #55

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

I will be there someday. It will b two yrs - 01/2009 since I started actually building credit. So far sooo goood! I still got many years to goooo!

My oldest card is:
Chase Flexible Rewards Visa
- Opened 01/2007
- CL $500 now $1600
15 years 5 months ago #56

My oldest card is also issued by Capital One which was opened last May. It currently has a $3,550 CL and I have a second Capital One that I'm waiting waiting to grow so I can combine it with my older Capital One card. That will give me a CL of $7,550.
15 years 5 months ago #57

Yeah but yalls are like double if not triple than mine. Its all good though. I love my Chase Freedom Card

Well we started there too. My first card ever was Capital One 1/98 with $300 and now it is at $10,000.

In 2001 I got a First National Bank Omaha card with $5000 and I thought that was the bomb. So all in due time. That card was terrible by the way and its been laid to rest.
15 years 5 months ago #58

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Yeah but yalls are like double if not triple than mine. Its all good though. I love my Chase Freedom Card :cool:
15 years 5 months ago #59

That's really cool, I still haven't found an open door to enter because I'm still knocking.

Yeah they are really great and they even have a branch out here in Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy. Their rates are usually better then most other credit unions I have seen.
15 years 5 months ago #60