Best Buy Rewards MC

Replied by hanna on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

they reduced my $1k CL down to $500 without any notice.

Aren't they required by law to inform the cardholder about anything to do with CLs?
13 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by atthelake1 on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

I might apply for the regular Best Buy credit card. Thinking about buying a computer in a few weeks; the no interests for 18 months is a good deal. I want the regular card so I'm not tempted to use it at other stores.

actually...the way they work it is if your credit is good you will be considered for the store card first. the MasterCard second. Chase underwrites the store card, HSBC the Mastercard.
13 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

I might apply for the regular Best Buy credit card. Thinking about buying a computer in a few weeks; the no interests for 18 months is a good deal. I want the regular card so I'm not tempted to use it at other stores. :fun: If I apply for the regular card will I get the MasterCard if my credit is too good? I've got limited credit history but good scores. I prefer just the regular store card. L O L

Btw, looking at the Mac Mini for $600 so I don't need a large credit limit. ^_^
13 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

I'm aware of that but most accountholders have the Gold card.

That is why these credit forums are so informative because just because certain people get certain cards doesn't make it the status quote. there were people being approved for the platinum but because so many people are rebuilding their credit the gold card was the one being mostly written about.
13 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

It really depends on what card you get because last year i closed my gold card and found out that there was three levels to the card 1. gold with fee 2. gold with no fee 3. platinum with no fee and a higher cl.

I applied for another one in Dec 09 and was approved for a platinum version with a 4k limit and a good apr. this version (platinum) is the best of the bunch and you can request for a cli just like the regular best buy account.

I'm aware of that but most accountholders have the Gold card.
13 years 11 months ago #5

Most of their account holders have a $300-$500 credit limit and it's kind of tough to take advantage of a rewards program with limited spending power.

It really depends on what card you get because last year i closed my gold card and found out that there was three levels to the card 1. gold with fee 2. gold with no fee 3. platinum with no fee and a higher cl.

I applied for another one in Dec 09 and was approved for a platinum version with a 4k limit and a good apr. this version (platinum) is the best of the bunch and you can request for a cli just like the regular best buy account.
13 years 11 months ago #6

Most of their account holders have a $300-$500 credit limit and it's kind of tough to take advantage of a rewards program with limited spending power.
13 years 11 months ago #7

Today I received this email......
File Attachment:
13 years 11 months ago #8

Neither will I but it beats being charged a late fee. That's for sure.
15 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

Shh*%$@!# whew, I almost slipped. I see it, but will NEVER USE IT!:laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #10

Also, did you know that if you pay $15, HSBC will post your payment on the date you submit it. It's called a "rush payment".
15 years 5 months ago #11

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

To add, you can call them and ask for your due dates to be changed to another date. If someone is paid on the 5th and 22nd, I would have my payment dates to be changed to the 13th or 1st. This would give you 8 days from the 5th pay-date, and 8-9 days from the 22nd pay-date. That is more than enough time when you are paying online, and good enough time when you are mailing.
15 years 5 months ago #12

I always make my payments well in advance even if its minimum so I won't be late regardless of the card or balance.
15 years 5 months ago #13

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

Thing about HSBC i that eventhough you made the payment they wont allow it to post until 2-3 days later so be very cautioous when making the payments, especially when the due date falls on weekends or holidays.
15 years 5 months ago #14

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

Great info! But Charonh, why do you shy away from HSBC? I'm really trying to work my way up to an Amex card. Lol

I just feel that they are predators, because my very first payment was due on a Saturday, therefore I went online the Friday before to make my payment, when it asked what day I would like to schedule the payment for, quite naturally I checked the due date (Saturday, which was the next day); keep in mind that I did this well before 5 pm since I am very familiar with the games that credit card companies play in order to charge late/overlimit fees). Well to make a long story short, that Monday, I checked my account and I had been charged a late fee. I immediately called customer service to ask what had happened. He/She told me that although I did make my payment before my due date that I had scheduled it for my due date which was a Saturday and that they do not process any payments on the weekend, because they are not open. I asked, then why do you allow payments to be due on the weekends, surely this day and age, with all the technology, a computer can be prompted to make adjustments in such situations. They were unaccomodating :upset: and did not wave the fee, therefore I closed the account right then and there and haven't looked back since. I just felt like if that was my very first experience with them and I was already displeased, it was a good indicator of what would follow, which I did not want any part of. That being said, I hope you have a better experience with them and congratulations once again. :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #15