AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

Replied by cireone on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

Speaking of all this about AmEx. I was just decreased again by a thousand dollars. Im PISSED!!!!!!!!! Well, its of no surprise, but im still mad. What kind of company is this???????? I have been paying on time more than the minimum and this is what happens again. My initial CL was $2,000, about a year later and almost paid in full decreased to $1,500, now another year later down to $500. It seems like just when Im close to paying off my card they decide to decrease so tht my utilization goes up and like to sabotage my scores. This company is not what it is cracked up to be. I always thought that AmEx could only issue credit no less than $1,000 but here they go giving a $500 limit. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 years 6 months ago #76

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

We have seen what the Republicans can do with the power in their hands and it has not been a pretty sight. Now let's see what the Democrats have in store for America.

Aiy to that!
15 years 6 months ago #77

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

We have seen what the Republicans can do with the power in their hands and it has not been a pretty sight. Now let's see what the Democrats have in store for America.
15 years 6 months ago #78

Replied by Meya on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

A repbulican! :shocked:

And they thought we could not get along.:laugh:

FG is bringing other sides of the table together :white-flag:

I feel ya KellBell! A lot of people have mentioned everything you just said. :cool:
15 years 6 months ago #79

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

Nice kellbell, but I keep my word about Bush! You may not blame him, that's ok, at least he knows someone doesn't, but I find it very odd that a lot of those who voted for him is now going against him when the economy (and war) went bad

I'm an Obama fan all the way. He has my vote. Even with his platinum AMEX...lol. AND GUESS WHAT? I'm a registered Republican (don't everyone kill me). And I voted for Bush...once. But he hasn't proven himself worthy of much...being a horrible commander-in-chief, a proven IDIOT when it comes to strategic decision making, and he doesn't believe in climate change, stem cell research, etc! :innocent: oh yeah, lest I forget the whole Iraq War and the magical disappearing weapons of mass destruction that never existed yet we ransacked an entire nation and destroyed thousands of lived in the process never to unveil and WMDs...(("OUR BAD"))

The funny and most IRONIC factor of Bush's presidency is that he singlehandedly incurred billions of dollars in debt typically labeled democratic liberal spending with his "no child left behind" and "stimulus checks". And I'm sorry I assisted in getting him into office.

Point being- Senator McCain and Palin plan to carry on a fraction of these failed policies. The two of them are better people, and more down, so if (oh dear) the two of them become our leaders, it won't be as bad as being under Bush. BUT BUT BUT, an aura of the Bush legacy will continue on...and we can't have that. WE CAN'T HAVE THAT. McCain gets my respect as a hero and patriot, and Palin gets my respect in that she has risen to the occasion...rather well, I might add. But they do not get my vote.

And if someone (perish the thought) attempts to physically harm Barack Hussein Obama, may God have mercy on their soul...

(GO OBAMA.)
15 years 6 months ago #80

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

We got less than a month to vote so everyone has to make their mind quickly as to who they want to vote for.
15 years 6 months ago #81

Nice kellbell, but I keep my word about Bush! You may not blame him, that's ok, at least he knows someone doesn't, but I find it very odd that a lot of those who voted for him is now going against him when the economy (and war) went bad.:worried:

AS for Obama, if he makes it, I will love to see it, but at the same time, I also hope someone doesn't pull a Martin Luther King Jr. move on him. That's the rumor in Cali!

I am with you on the part that he does not talk much about the poor (actually I never heard him speak about it), but I do believe that he focus more on the middle class sector than anyone else. He better watch it, because a lot of people that are poor is voting on him and what he can clearly see, "Cali put him on top." ooooh boy, here we go. I will be glad when this is all over.
15 years 6 months ago #82

Well after being customers in great standing with Amex for over a decade and having 4 Amex clards, my husbands blue/clear (forgot which one) CL was decreased.

He went from $12,500 to $4200 and he had about right under $3k charged on it which isn't bad utilization now this lower limit had almost an immediate effect on his Fico as I got a notification this week from equifax Gold that his score had changed

I just need to go to the site to see by how much. BTW, we live in Fl so I had an idea that it was coming as Amex is targeting customers who live in states where the real estate market has gone sour.

On the remainder of his other 3 Amex, he only had about $640 charged.

Dang shame!

That is horrible! So the rumors of Florida sub-prime mortgage giveaways ring true? And now YOU and YOUR HUSBAND's AMEX credit lines are dropping?

I'm glad I live in New York State!:relieved:
15 years 6 months ago #83

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

Well after being customers in great standing with Amex for over a decade and having 4 Amex clards, my husbands blue/clear (forgot which one) CL was decreased.

He went from $12,500 to $4200 and he had about right under $3k charged on it which isn't bad utilization now this lower limit had almost an immediate effect on his Fico as I got a notification this week from equifax Gold that his score had changed

I just need to go to the site to see by how much. BTW, we live in Fl so I had an idea that it was coming as Amex is targeting customers who live in states where the real estate market has gone sour.

On the remainder of his other 3 Amex, he only had about $640 charged.

Dang shame!
15 years 6 months ago #84

Replied by GKCUST on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

well Stated, Meya. You Are Right. Amex Is "judging A Book By It's Cover" And Like I Stated Before, They Are Going To Be Sorry. They Are Biting The Hands That Feed Them By Discriminating Against Bargain Shoppers And People Who Don't Live Beyond Their Means. They Are Cinching Their Belts In All The Wrong Places.

And Also, I Disagree With all Of You That Blame President Bush. In No Way Am I A Fan Of G.w., But You Are All Very Misinformed About Who Is Responsible For The Lax Lending Laws. This Fiscal Crisis Is Due To Decades Of lax Laws And left-wing Bleeding-heart Liberal Belief That "everyone Is Entitled To A Home". George Bush Didn't Help By Regulating The Stipulations Of Banks, And Neither Did President Clinton Back In The Day.

Bottom Line, An Accumulation Of Lax Lending Laws, Government-backed Mortgages, And Blindfolding Bad Debt...boom. Here We Are. The Lenders Became Greedy. Both Lenders And Borrowers Have Been Irresponsible.

by The Way, Barack Obama Was Born With A Silver Spoon In His Mouth And Has A Platinum Amex, I'm Sure. Obama Has My Vote, But In No Way Do I Think He Is Grass Roots Nor Do I Think He Has Any Idea What Low-income Working Class Americans Have Been Through And Are Currently Going Through. He Is As Privileged As A Bush Or A Kennedy...please.

(he Just Happens To Be More Intelligent Than Your Average Idiot Politician And That Is Why He Has My Vote.) For Any Of You To Have It In Your Heads That Obama Understands And Is Here To Help, Maybe...but I Hardly Think So.[/b][/quote]

First Off I Like The Fact That Obama Can Be The First Black President
I Am Happy About That
Regardless Of How Well Kept He Was Or Is Right Now
If He Wins- Then We Will All See -if What He Offers Us
Americans Is True Or Not

(go Obama)
15 years 6 months ago #85

They're taking this too far :upset:
15 years 6 months ago #86

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

Forbes, Chicago is Americas Most Stressful City. Hope the credit card companies dont start reading Forbes. :scared:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1168345,stress091708.article
15 years 6 months ago #87

I don't think it is all about race, I probably should have cleared that up when I said minority. I mean those who are less fortunate than others. But Amex is going to make people start thinking that way gkcust, it sort of have me thinking it but, as for right now I notice they are picking on the wrong people for no reason. Basically they are out judging books by its cover.

Well stated, Meya. You are right. AMEX is "judging a book by it's cover" and like I stated before, they are going to be sorry. They are biting the hands that feed them by discriminating against bargain shoppers and people who DON'T live beyond their means. They are cinching their belts in ALL the wrong places.

And also, I disagree with all of you that blame President Bush. In NO way am I a fan of G.W., but you are all VERY MISINFORMED about who is responsible for the lax lending laws. This fiscal crisis is due to decades of lax laws and left-wing bleeding-heart liberal belief that "everyone is entitled to a home". George Bush didn't help by regulating the stipulations of banks, and neither did President Clinton back in the day.

Bottom line, an accumulation of lax lending laws, government-backed mortgages, and blindfolding bad debt...BOOM. Here we are. The lenders became greedy. Both lenders and borrowers have been irresponsible.

By the way, Barack Obama was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has a platinum AMEX, I'm sure. Obama has my vote, but in no way do I think he is grass roots nor do I think he has any idea what low-income working class Americans have been through and are currently going through. He is as privileged as a Bush or a Kennedy...please.[/quote](He just happens to be more intelligent than your average idiot politician and that is why he has my vote.) For any of you to have it in your heads that Obama understands and is here to help, maybe...but I hardly think so.[/B]
15 years 6 months ago #88

So what did they base their "At Risk" decision from? Did they tell you? Probably not because they don't have an excuse. They are out doing good people like you wrong, and trying to kiss up to the Jones, but those are the ones who are going to file bk on them.....watch!:upset:

That is when it is going to be time to break out the Dramtics song "A Toast to the Fool!"
15 years 6 months ago #89

Replied by cireone on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

I think AmEx just extended credit to too many people of different financial backgrounds, found out that it became costly and then tried to discourage the account holders who are "at risk" by either decreasing ther limits or closing the accounts all together. Ive read of horror storeis in which the account is in good standing and thenthe minute it is used its declined for NSF or closed, without properly notifying the cardholder. But for the 20% who do have their accounts decreased or closed, which one of them actually is a responsible payer?????? I am one of them that got the decrease for the reason that I was in a category that fit profiles for "at risk" credit-worthiness. Never a day late in payments and always more than the minimum. In fact they decided to drecrease my CL when was almost paid in full. WHat yu think of that???? A little too shady for me.....
15 years 6 months ago #90