AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

Replied by relidtm on topic Amex On Good Morning America

did anyone hear about this? its crazy the limit being decreased depending on what stores you shop? I am curious about this if anyone has herd of the list or herd of this?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/GetsAnswers/story?id=6747461&page=1

This may be moved to another forum and I apologize If I posted in the wrong Area
Reli
15 years 2 months ago #46

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

I have to do what's best for the business.
15 years 5 months ago #47

Replied by Meya on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

I don't think that it would ruin your relationship with them bro, they just should use some other form of payment. Just like stores who do not accept personal checks, it does not stop the person from doing business with them, they just come with debit or cash. If you have been doing good with them thus far, I would not make a change.

Just my opinion, you know best!:worried:
15 years 5 months ago #48

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

We don't accept AMEX at our business neither. We have to pay about $30 a month and 4 percent of each transaction. I might have to start accepting it because some of my best customers are willing to pay by AMEX and I don't want to ruin my relationship with them.
15 years 5 months ago #49

Anna's Lenens does not accept amex anymore neither. I guess a lot of the smaller stores are going to say forget them. They even know what's up with amex. Next it is only going to be the Big Stores who is going to say forget you because Big Stores owns small chains also.
15 years 5 months ago #50

Rivas, I don't think dollar stores would accept AMEX anyway. I agree, I love my Capital One card along with both of BOA cards. I'm never going to apply for another AMEX again in my life. I'm thinking of combining my BOA AMEX with my BOA Visa because I want to make sure that AMEX doesn't make any profit off of me.
15 years 5 months ago #51

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

LOL Meya! I bet you would out do me. :cool:

I could prolly guess that Amex doesnt like Dollar Stores? LMAO. Who are they to judge.
15 years 5 months ago #52

Problem with it? Bring it on, let's count and add up our receipts, I bet I will out do you on purchases, and if I would have never got reciepts, I would have saved a forest.
:laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #53

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

When I joined, I didnt know why AMEX was the best card to have... Until I started reading bout all this hype amongst people that wanted AMEX really bad.

NOW HECK NAH! I dont want them, id rather cont to do business w/ CapOne or Chase they have treated me really well ever since I started building credit (01/2007).

Thats kinda sad that they are treating good customers that have not done anything wrong bad. Look at everyones situation, everyone is not gonna eat or shop at the fanciest place.... SPECIALLY DURING THESE TIMES.

Im not shamed to say, I do go to the Dollar Store. Anyone who has a prob w. it.... bring it. :fun:
15 years 5 months ago #54

This was a dream card for hjm and a whole lot of us charonh, but I remember when hjm told me to just hold on (during my desperate times of an Amex), and that good things comes to those who wait. Well I waited and true enough, my good thing was that I did not apply for another Amex, because all the horror stories i have heard from their good customers, made me look toward another direction. Forget Amex!
15 years 5 months ago #55

No, they asked me if I received the letter stating the reasons for the CLD and I told them that I wasn't willing to wait for the letter because my account would most likely be closed by then. The rep. told me that I should look at the reasons why they reduced my limit and that I should try to fix those mistakes before applying for another AMEX card so I won't go through the same trouble next time. I told them I don't want to have anything to do with them again. :cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #56

Replied by charonh on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

I just called AMEX and told them to close my account. No more headaches. Simple as that.

Talking about getting down business, hjm331 I need you on my team when I become an attorney. You are all about business. No regrets though, they didn't try to talk you out of it?:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #57

I just called AMEX and told them to close my account. No more headaches. Simple as that.
15 years 5 months ago #58

Replied by _Leo_ on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

wow after reading everyones post about this and reading the article, Im a little worried, because I just got my amex green!!! Which was a very big suprise lol I hope they dont decide to close my account due to my spending habits because that would really suck.I only shop at discount stores but I stopped useing my other cards and started useing only this one to hopefully save myself and get a better one! I will keep everyone posted!
15 years 5 months ago #59

Replied by charonh on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

I'm thinking about closing my AMEX account when it turns a year old in December because I have a feeling that they will close my account for some odd reason. They have already reduced my $1k limit to $500 which is ridiculous.

It would not look good if the AMEX account showed up as "closed by creditor".

What would make you think this hjm331, as long as you're paying them as agreed, what reason would they have to close your account, but I agree with you, I would beat them to the punch, because "account closed at creditor's request" would not be good at all, especially for a credit file that is fairly new.
15 years 5 months ago #60