AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

Replied by Meya on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

My money and the ability to pay is as good as the next persons

Amen!:white-flag:I feel the same way Eldarwen.
15 years 2 months ago #16

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

Where I shop should not be a factor in a CLD. Where I shop is my buisness. If any of my other creditors use this as an excuse as to give me a CLD or what ever, I will take my buisness elsewhere. My money and the ability to pay is as good as the next persons.
15 years 2 months ago #17

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: AMEX Rates credit risk by where you live and shop

What creditors need to do is reward their good paying customers because those are always hard to come by for any type of business, not just finance.
15 years 2 months ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Amex On Good Morning America

YES. We are all well aware! Right, Meya?

Theeeeere you go!:fun: Here is the actual thread that was originally started, it's no problem relitdm
15 years 2 months ago #19

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Amex On Good Morning America

When you begin to limit credit availability due to where a customer shops, I think you have crossed a certain ethical boundary. That is almost as if a bank were to deny you credit for an auto loan because your car was not a Bently or a Lotus.

So if one month I decided to save a few dollars and shop and discount retailers...then boom...CLD. That is just crazy. The credit card companies should reward because of your modest spending. This should be a sign of stability.

I would really like to look at the data set AMEX uses to determine whether or not shopping at a particular retailer results in higher default rates!
15 years 2 months ago #20

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Amex On Good Morning America

did anyone hear about this? its crazy the limit being decreased depending on what stores you shop? I am curious about this if anyone has herd of the list or herd of this?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/GetsAnswers/story?id=6747461&page=1

This may be moved to another forum and I apologize If I posted in the wrong Area
Reli

YES. We are all well aware! Right, Meya? :laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #21

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Amex On Good Morning America

... and all this is new to the media.

I wonder if President Obama has an AMEX card.

I

I'm sure he does, probably a Centurion. I doubt that Centurion card holders are being affected by this. But then again, most of them probably do not shop at Walmart. Either way, where I shop has nothing to do with my ability to repay. Anyone with a credit score of 764 like the gentleman in this article has more than proven themselves to be responsible within the credit world and I would take it very personally if they did to me too. By the way, I checked out his (guy in article) website and its pretty nice, not to mention he's in my neck of the woods. You've gotta love ATL.:cheesing:
15 years 2 months ago #22

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Amex On Good Morning America

I agree with Colonative, and that's a great idea, Brian23.
15 years 2 months ago #23

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Amex On Good Morning America

So, I kno this a little off topic on this thread, but I am thinkin with half of my tax return using it to go and open a secured card with BOA. I don't want to spend the money on stupid stuff and I want to get back in with BOA (at least on the CC side). Any thoughts?

First, that is a great idea. Don't waste the same amount of money by getting an "unsecured" First Premier or some other terrible card.

Second, go here]http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/[/URL] and see if you are preapproved first (third box down). They do a soft inquiry to see if you qualify for anything. From how you worded your post it sounds like you had a previous card with them. I don't think too many prime banks are forgiving of past indescretions so don't even try to apply if you still owe an outstanding balance.
15 years 2 months ago #24

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Amex On Good Morning America

So, I kno this a little off topic on this thread, but I am thinkin with half of my tax return using it to go and open a secured card with BOA. I don't want to spend the money on stupid stuff and I want to get back in with BOA (at least on the CC side). Any thoughts?
15 years 2 months ago #25

I see Capital One offering it and they are not a prime bank. Why can't BOA come up with something like that for their good paying customers?
15 years 2 months ago #26

I wish BoA offered a Visa or Mastercard 1.25% cash back card. I would be all over it right now. I will try to upgrade to their 1% Cash Rewards Mastercard in June, though.

They probably offer the 1.25% on Amex because the interchange fee is much higher on Amex network than on Visa/MC network.
15 years 2 months ago #27

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Amex On Good Morning America

This seals the deal for me. American Express is going to have to clean up their game before I will even consider using one of their cards. My mom got the Delta Amex and after three months, they sent her a letter saying that they closed the account even though her utilization on the card was 15%.

I guess I will be looking to get a BoA Amex. I love my Discover card, but there are many places that will take Amex but not Discover...

I love my Discover, too. They seem to have a lot of places that accept them in my area. My Amex Clear sees spartan usage after they gave me a CLD.
15 years 2 months ago #28

I wish BoA offered a Visa or Mastercard 1.25% cash back card. I would be all over it right now. I will try to upgrade to their 1% Cash Rewards Mastercard in June, though.
15 years 2 months ago #29

I have read a bunch of articals telling us about Amex and how they don't like people to use their cards at certain stores and some stuff on TV. The media is acting like this is a new thing. It's not a new thing, they just have not been paying attention to it.

This seals the deal for me. American Express is going to have to clean up their game before I will even consider using one of their cards. My mom got the Delta Amex and after three months, they sent her a letter saying that they closed the account even though her utilization on the card was 15%.

I guess I will be looking to get a BoA Amex. I love my Discover card, but there are many places that will take Amex but not Discover...
15 years 2 months ago #30