I need some help regarding lost/stolen cards

Replied by Meya on topic Re: I need some help regarding lost/stolen cards

sh0t0kan, drinking and spending does not mix. Just like drinking and driving. :laugh:. If you know how much you are going to spend, take it off the card or debit card (whichever you use) and then go in there with cash. Leave your wallet at home, remember where you put it, and then when you make it back home, at least you know your identity came back with you. Lord forbid if you are driving back.

Just play it safe buddy, when you are refusing to pay a debt caused by your negligence, you are setting yourself back to the road of credit destruction. We don't want to see you do it that way. Getting credit back together is much harder in 2008 since the "Great Depression", not only do creditors withhold cli's, the are decreasing cli's, peeking in our Cr's for baddies with other creditors, not offering credit as much, and updating Co's and derogs on past consumers reports (3 Cb's).

I think majority of us just made it because I have seen a lot of rebuilding credit cards removed from sites and not only that, some tier one cards are asking to be temporally removed from here. Watch it Buddie, don't slip down that rope and over-shoot your breaking point. Always keep yourself in a position where you are at least able to reach beyond your break. You will have a shot at pulling back up. We will be your support to pull you back up!
15 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: I need some help regarding lost/stolen cards

There's 3 different listings of the same account? I'd say dispute two and keep one of them.
15 years 8 months ago #2
  • sh0t0kan
  • sh0t0kan's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by sh0t0kan on topic Re: I need some help regarding lost/stolen cards

If this is the same account showing up three x's, you can very easily call in and have them to remove it or dispute through all 3 cb's. One more advise, you need to be more careful about handling your cards because fraud is basically the number 1 crime in America. Try leaving it at home when it is not going to be in use. Dont want to see you come back in here with a horror story to tell us!

yeah its really the only card I use and Im always losing something when I got out and drink its either my cell phone or my credit card. Ha
But yeah I actually do have a horror story someone was charging my bank account using online check for some internet site. I lost my BofA account I had for 15 years in good standings. cause they wanted me to pay and I wasnt going to.
15 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic Re: I need some help regarding lost/stolen cards

If this is the same account showing up three x's, you can very easily call in and have them to remove it or dispute through all 3 cb's. One more advise, you need to be more careful about handling your cards because fraud is basically the number 1 crime in America. Try leaving it at home when it is not going to be in use. Dont want to see you come back in here with a horror story to tell us! :worried:

Hope this helps!
15 years 8 months ago #4
  • sh0t0kan
  • sh0t0kan's Avatar Topic Author

was created by sh0t0kan

I have had an Aspen M/C for over 2 years now and only missed one payment back in Sept of 06. This missed payment still shows up and will fall off in Sept of 08. But heres my problem I lost the original card so a new one was issused and the information was then transfered to this account. then unfortunately I then left my now new card at a bar and had to call it in as lost and now had another issused this was a year later. All of the information including late payments(1) and age was transfered to the new account.
Since running my CR I noticed that Aspen now shows up three times as potentially negative information.
1. the current open account with the 30 day late Sept. 06
2.the 2nd replacement but now closed account with the 30 day late from Sept 06. account was opened 4/07-4/08
3.the orginal account closed with 30 day late from Sept 06 account started 04/06-04/07

So as it show on my CR i have 3 account from the same CCC, 2 of which are closed with a 30 day negative mark (possibly closed being a bad mark too) and 1 that is current with the same 30 day showing on it.

what should I do?
I called and the CSR was thinking I was wanting to close my accounts. I was wanting them to remove the duplicate remarks.

Anyone have any suggestions on the right tack to take.

thank you
dwight
15 years 8 months ago #5