Discover Motiva

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Discover More Card

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will pass on the invitation.

This is going to make me sound like a total airhead, but the Discover Card makes my mouth water. If you don't feel like getting one now because your scores arent where they need to be, keep it in mind for the future.

Also, you may try the Wal-Mart Discover. They have the same cashback bonus award and it is actually better because they send you a check once you get to $10. With Discover directly you have to get $20 before they give you a check.
15 years 5 months ago #166

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Discover More Card

Smcc, I've read recently that Discover is a great card to have, but they are sticklers on credit (looking for 700+ scores). But, who knows. Let us know how it turns out if you apply. Good luck.

PenFed is great card to have. Discover is a must only in terms of diversification of portfolio.

I got More card back in April with 7.5k CL. Nice CS, a reward program is not bad, but nothing great.
15 years 5 months ago #167

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: Discover More Card

Hi smcc,

I applied for and was approved for a Discover More card a month ago. Always wanted this card, as Discover is a very good bank. I was approved for a 4,000 credit line to start, 0 AF, 0% for 6 mos, then to 13.99%, but i always pay in full, and 0% on BT's for one year.

You must have FICO's generally over 660 for approval. Discover usually pulls 2 bureaus, sometimes all, depending on where you live. They pulled my Experian and Transunion reports. I really like this card very much. After talking with several customer service reps at Discover, which are very well versed in their knowledge of their products, i am glad to have this card. Every quarter they move the 5% cashback into different categories, but you always get 1% back on all purchases. The cards are also very cool with the 150 designs to choose from also. They are a very conservative bank because they own their own bank, and their credit policy is very strict, but rewarding after 6 months of usage. There are more benefits to this card than Amex, who charges for some services, Discover doesn't. If your scores are in the mid to upper 600 range,and your reports are good, i'd give it a shot. Just make sure you don't have too many inquiries, or too many new accounts in the past 12 months.
Hope this info helps, and i'm glad to be with Discover,Citi,Chase,Cap One

Take Care, Tom:cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #168

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Discover More Card

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I will pass on the invitation.
15 years 5 months ago #169

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Discover More Card

Well, we looking for a BT card and the Discover Motiva had a nice BT offer for 1 year so we went it and here we are now.
15 years 5 months ago #170
  • cireone
  • cireone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Discover More Card

Whats up with that Motiva Card????? I was invited to apply and whn I went to the website, it was showing a rundown of what your terms and conditions will be according to your credit score. It listed examples of the apr for limited/poor, fair, good and excellent. Well, thinking I would get somewhere, I applied and not to my surprise i was denied but then counter offered the Direct Rewards Discover. I took it but wondered why Discover would post that if the card indeed was for people with great credit scores. IDK.
15 years 5 months ago #171

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Discover More Card

My mother was approved for a Discover Motiva card with FICO scores just under 700. She was approved for $3k.
15 years 5 months ago #172

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Discover More Card

Searched the site for any information regarding the Discover More Card. Received a Pre Approved letter for the card and wondered if anyone has any info regarding this card. FG says all you need is good credit. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

"pre-approved" or "pre-selected'? Pre-approved means that an initial review of the limited info they have on you means you have a good chance of getting it. "pre-selected" means that you live in an area where people usually make higher incomes and have higher credit scores.

You probably want to have at least a 670 to get this card. If you are transferring a large balance that may help your chances.

Discover card rocks, I love mine. Good luck
15 years 5 months ago #173

Replied by dunta on topic Re: Discover More Card

Hi, everyone.

I have this card. It is by far my lowest limit and highest APR.

Has anyone with this card asked for and successfully received a lower APR?
15 years 5 months ago #174

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Discover More Card

I was approved for a Discover More card in September with a low credit limit of $500. I, too, was sent a preapproval notification that I responded to online, because I wanted to take advantage of the 3.99 balance transfer rate. My apr is 0.00 until April 09', thereafter it will be 12.99. Overall, I am pleased with the card, except for the low credit line and its low acceptance in my area. My credit score at the time was 662/equifax. I don't know my other scores or which bureau they pulled, but I'm guessing Experian, because I subscribe to Equifax's score service and I was not alerted for an inquiry from them. I tried at activation to request a line increase, but it was declined and the rep told me to use it heavily and they will review my account after six months. I provided a bit more information in my review of the card so feel free to read it. By the way, their customer service is outstanding.
15 years 5 months ago #175

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Discover More Card

I applied and got approved in April of this year for the Discover More. My credit score was probably 710 or 715. I have no baddies that are on my report like a BK, lates, or charge offs. Discover does not like those things. They are a little stingy with credit limits and interest rates can be sky high (mine is 18%). I use this card and pay in full when the bill comes.
15 years 5 months ago #176

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: Discover More Card

Smcc, I've read recently that Discover is a great card to have, but they are sticklers on credit (looking for 700+ scores). But, who knows. Let us know how it turns out if you apply. Good luck.
15 years 5 months ago #177

Replied by smcc on topic Discover More Card

Searched the site for any information regarding the Discover More Card. Received a Pre Approved letter for the card and wondered if anyone has any info regarding this card. FG says all you need is good credit. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
15 years 5 months ago #178

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Discover Motiva

They want to see 4 consecutive months of on-time payments and not going over the limit.
15 years 9 months ago #179
  • cireone
  • cireone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Discover Motiva

Yes it is the original CL. I initially applied online and prior to disocvering this site. Now I wish I had did it through the chekcstand as they say your chances are better at getting a higher CL. Well I have an Old Navy card for well over 4 months and when I asked for a CLI they denied me saying that I needed a 4 mo payment history with them. Does this mean 4 consequetive on-time payments or 4 months of the account open. I have charged 200+ four times and paid in full, dont know why they wouldnt increase my CL.
15 years 9 months ago #180