Discover Motiva

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Discover More Card

I have heard about the JCP Mastercard and it's only available to consumers who spend a good amount of money at JCP. It's a rewards card so it makes sense to reward your loyal customers.
15 years 5 months ago #151

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Discover More Card

That is what I am thinking. LOL, I asked two ladies at work today if they have ever been offered the Discover version of the JC Penney or Old Navy card. They said no. And the lady with the JC Penney has had it since the 80's.

What kills me is the lack of info on the Internet about it. I mean, nothing! I even saw one again today on a credit report, its funky though because it shows the retail account "closed due to transfer" and then a new trade line for the Discover version. I have been able to determine that the BIN for the JC Penney Discover is 6011 54.....oh well, I need to let it go.

As far as I know, JCP has MC version of card, by invitation only.
15 years 5 months ago #152

Good luck with that.
15 years 5 months ago #153

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Discover More Card

Wow, I can't figure this out. This is really a mystery.

LOL you are too kind. I will hopefully hear from Eric about this soon.
15 years 5 months ago #154

Wow, I can't figure this out. This is really a mystery.
15 years 5 months ago #155

Colonative, the account numbers could be a coincidence or maybe they don't exist.

I've thought that too but they all report as GEMB/JC PENNEY DC and it is always a 601154, same with GAP GEMB/GAP DC and comparing that to the known Sam's and Wal Marts, they report the same way, GEMB/WALMART DC or GEMB/SAMS DC. I obsess about the craziest things. I just like to know, you know? I emailed Eric by the way, have not heard anything yet.
15 years 5 months ago #156

Colonative, the account numbers could be a coincidence or maybe they don't exist.
15 years 5 months ago #157

Maybe their invitation only?

That is what I am thinking. LOL, I asked two ladies at work today if they have ever been offered the Discover version of the JC Penney or Old Navy card. They said no. And the lady with the JC Penney has had it since the 80's.

What kills me is the lack of info on the Internet about it. I mean, nothing! I even saw one again today on a credit report, its funky though because it shows the retail account "closed due to transfer" and then a new trade line for the Discover version. I have been able to determine that the BIN for the JC Penney Discover is 6011 54.....oh well, I need to let it go.
15 years 5 months ago #158

Maybe their invitation only?
15 years 5 months ago #159

I would rather save the inquiry, wait for scores to increase, baddies fall-off, then apply for a Discover card. It will be all worth it at the end.

I can't argue with that. :white-flag:

But I still want to know about those darn JC Penney/GAP/Old Navy/Banana Republic/Dillard's Discover Cards. I have a feeling that those cards have rewards for discounts at those stores in place of cash back. It's driving me nuts.
15 years 5 months ago #160

I would rather save the inquiry, wait for scores to increase, baddies fall-off, then apply for a Discover card. It will be all worth it at the end.
15 years 5 months ago #161

Well, having a co-branded Discover card will not help you get approved for a real Discover by any means.

Very true. I just meant that the person would have a Discover branded card with a similar Cashback Bonus program. A good compromise until their score improved to the level that Discover Financial Services LLC is looking for and then they could apply at that time for the "real" Discover Card.
15 years 5 months ago #162

Well, having a co-branded Discover card will not help you get approved for a real Discover by any means.
15 years 5 months ago #163

I'd pick Discover over GEMB anyday.

Yes, me too, but maybe GEMB has is more lienient in approving cards? The Wal Mart Discover has way better terms then the Direct Rewards from HSBC IMHO. I guess i was putting it out there because it sounded like the person who asked about the Discover might not have had the scores for a "real" Discover Card.
15 years 5 months ago #164

I'd pick Discover over GEMB anyday.
15 years 5 months ago #165