Best Buy credit cards

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

I'd definitely keep the one with the $1,100 limit and try converting the other one.

I agree with you on that one. Why is it that lower limit cards tends to have the highest percentage in interest?:embarrassed:
15 years 8 months ago #31

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

good luck:cool:
15 years 8 months ago #32

Replied by tanyia on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

hjm331,

I will see what they say and keep yall posted
15 years 8 months ago #33

I'd definitely keep the one with the $1,100 limit and try converting the other one.
15 years 8 months ago #34

taniya, Which One Has The Higher Limit?

13.75 $1100

18.99 $500
15 years 8 months ago #35

Taniya, which one has the higher limit?
15 years 8 months ago #36

Tanyia, that is messed up! I hope that the 2nd MC didn't have an annual fee. What is the interest rate on both? I'm starting to think that HSBC is runnign some type of game here. If you qualified for the MC, then surely, you would qualify for the store card with a higher limit reasonably people would think!

My interest rate on th 1st card is 13.75 and the 2nd card is 18.99
15 years 8 months ago #37

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

Yup, and a very minimal one too.
15 years 8 months ago #38
  • Rob72830
  • Rob72830's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

Ill be going to BestBuy in August because one of my favorite bands new cd will be released. Maybe then Ill apply for the store card and hopefully get approved.

Good luck and your cd can be your first purchase.:cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #39

Ill be going to BestBuy in August because one of my favorite bands new cd will be released. Maybe then Ill apply for the store card and hopefully get approved.
15 years 8 months ago #40

Applying for store cards in the store always give you a better chance of approval.
15 years 8 months ago #41
  • Rob72830
  • Rob72830's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

I was pre-selected almost a year ago for the BestBuy M/C with scores much lower than what I have now. I got the card and just recently when I tried my luck at getting a store card I was denied for serious delinquencies. What gives??? IDk, but HSBC is very inconsistent with how they determine there approvals.

Did you go into the store to apply for the store card? I originally applied online and was denied for the store card but was approved for the m/c. About a week later I went into the store and applied and was instantly approved for $1100. I really stress go to the store if you want the store card. Better chance of approval. Also, the m/c is a HSBC bank card, the store card is HSBC retail services card. The store card was already reporting to cb before I even got the card in the mail. The m/c hasn't reported yet, even though I have had it longer.
15 years 8 months ago #42

I was pre-selected almost a year ago for the BestBuy M/C with scores much lower than what I have now. I got the card and just recently when I tried my luck at getting a store card I was denied for serious delinquencies. What gives??? IDk, but HSBC is very inconsistent with how they determine there approvals.
15 years 8 months ago #43

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

Tanyia, that is messed up! I hope that the 2nd MC didn't have an annual fee. What is the interest rate on both? I'm starting to think that HSBC is runnign some type of game here. If you qualified for the MC, then surely, you would qualify for the store card with a higher limit reasonably people would think!
15 years 8 months ago #44

I would call CS and ask for a manager and have them convert the Mastercard with the lower limit into the store card.
15 years 8 months ago #45