Merrick Bank Cards info

Replied by rlee1918 on topic Merrick bank no more overlimit fees

I just got the new Hooters credit card, on the statement it says.. "we're doing away with overlimit fees effective dec 15 2009 overlimit fees will no longer be charged on your account."
14 years 5 months ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Merrick Bank Cards info

Yeah he is. The only cards that he would've been able to get approved for were cards like First Premier Bank. He was tempted but I didn't let him. I bought a new a toyota truck a few months ago and he co-signed. We've made 4 on-time payments and I guess Capital One saw that and sent him a pre-approval which lead to an approval.
15 years 9 months ago #17

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Merrick Bank Cards info

mrrrob, Capital One is BK friendly. My father filed BK with them 10 years ago and they sent him a pre-approval 2 weeks ago. He applied and got approved for a credit line of $500 with a $39 AF. That's actually a blessing with the way his credit has been. He hasn't worked on it at all and hope he can start with Capital One.

That is so great and I know your dad is excited about rebuilding his credit
15 years 9 months ago #18

mrrrob, Capital One is BK friendly. My father filed BK with them 10 years ago and they sent him a pre-approval 2 weeks ago. He applied and got approved for a credit line of $500 with a $39 AF. That's actually a blessing with the way his credit has been. He hasn't worked on it at all and hope he can start with Capital One.
15 years 9 months ago #19
  • mrrob
  • mrrob's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Merrick Bank Cards info

Cap 1 is not BK friendly
15 years 9 months ago #20

Hooters and Capital One have been the two credit cards here for someone who wants to build/rebuild their credit. They are great cards will open doors for better cards.
15 years 9 months ago #21

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Merrick Bank Cards info

I knew that the merrick bank card was offered through invitation only, thanks

Before I knew about Hooters, I called Merrick Bank..they said I have to get an offer in the mail.....oh well....got that Hooters!!:innocent:
15 years 9 months ago #22
  • mrrob

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Merrick Bank Cards info

I knew that the merrick bank card was offered through invitation only, thanks
15 years 9 months ago #23

https://www.merrickbank.com/(X(1)S(0h45xzfhzpurkejrre13e5eu))/products.aspx

It seems like they only allow you to apply for one of their cards through a pre-approval unlike the Hooters card.
15 years 9 months ago #24
  • mrrob

was created by mrrob

Does anyone know of any other cards that Merrick bank offers besides the Hooters card?
Mrrob
15 years 9 months ago #25