Green Dot Credit Card!

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

:laugh: :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #46

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

Yeah, I guess you can call me a BOA Fanboy. :innocent:
15 years 9 months ago #47

Of course, but I was just making a joke about the posting because when I have to read all postings and I see the word "bofa" in your postings I just chuckle, laugh, and tell myself "That Hjm love his bofa!":laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #48

Meya, I am not defending BOA in anyway. They unsecure your card within 6-9 months and return your deposit within that time-frame. That is the best deal in the business because Citi requires 18 months of good payment history before unsecuring your card MINIMUM.
15 years 9 months ago #49

YOu know what bro, sometimes I have to fall to the floor when I see you post about Bofa, you are a true bofa cardholder, and if they only knew how you put them on a pedalstool, they might give you a signature card.
:laugh: :laugh: :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #50

I'd prefer having the BOA secured because loves it when you have multiple relationships with them so you can have a checking account with them in great standing and they can give you a CLI on your credit card just for having a checking account with them in good standing.
15 years 9 months ago #51

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

Hmmm, i don't know...I had an All Access visa card before when i could not open a checking account. Not a credit card /a prepaid visa ...someone charged $139 on my card and it took six weeks to clear up...after that i closed the account. We at FG thank you for your advice , but remember...you'll be paying them $99 plus $58 in fees the first year for a $200 credit line. Take your money..add $150 and get a bank issued secured card. Number one, you'll build a relationship with the bank issuing the card..and you won't have too many CS problems

Wow YoYo this happened to you[/quote]

To the OP please go with one of the bank secured cards to keep yourself from experiencing what YoYo went through. Having the bank secured is so much better and safer.
15 years 9 months ago #52

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

YES, I am talking about a green dot credit card, not a prepaid credit card! Yesterday I was in Rite Aid and Green dot is offering a credit card. There is a 19.99 activation fee and 80 dollar annual fee with 4.95 monthly maintenance fee, but you get a 200 dollar credit line to start! AND no credit check! I thought this would be great for those that really need a card to start and to build credit, I'm going to hook my husband up with one on Friday and see how it goes. Here is their website]http://www.greendotcc.com/[/URL]

Just a note, it's ONLY available at Rite Aid at this time. So if you have one near you and need one of these cards to help rebuild credit, I say go for it!

Anyone else seen this?

Hmmm, i don't know...I had an All Access visa card before when i could not open a checking account. Not a credit card /a prepaid visa ...someone charged $139 on my card and it took six weeks to clear up...after that i closed the account. We at FG thank you for your advice , but remember...you'll be paying them $99 plus $58 in fees the first year for a $200 credit line. Take your money..add $150 and get a bank issued secured card. Number one, you'll build a relationship with the bank issuing the card..and you won't have too many CS problems.:cool:
15 years 9 months ago #53

GreenDot is well known for selling their pre-paid credit cards and it should stay that way. I see where they are trying to go with this but I don't see too many people signing up for their card.
15 years 9 months ago #54

I dont blame you Kmoney and HJm331. I am too scared and funny acting when it comes to my ssn and cs
15 years 9 months ago #55

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

I totally agree going with one of the major banks secured card is the way to go
15 years 9 months ago #56

If their CS isn't great, I still wouldn't sign up with them. I wouldn't want to be speaking to an outsourced rep when my card number is stolen and there are fraudulent charges on my account. I would apply for a card that claims to not hold me liable for any fraudulent charges.
15 years 9 months ago #57
  • em072205
  • em072205's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by em072205 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

According to the package on the card, they do report to the major credit bureaus. You can even pay your monthly bill with the green dot moneypack, which is pretty good. I have one of their prepaid cards and have for about 2 years, I use it for Christmas and for other things when I get the chance. The only thing is, their customer service is something to be desired. :)
15 years 9 months ago #58

If it doesn't report to the three credit bureaus monthly, then it's a rip off. I'd take that money and add another $200 or so and invest in a secured card because you can kill two birds with one stone. You get the convenience of having a credit card with your name and you get to build your credit. If I was in your shoes, I'd sign-up for a secured card.
15 years 9 months ago #59

I seen the link, I guess that since you have an active checking account, they feel more secured becasue they have something to fall on when you pull away from them. Sounds like a good idea for those who want to rebuild, but do they report to the three cb's? I am not going to tell my husband about this one because if he gives out my checking account number to someone, I am going to ............................shhhh i got too much respect to say those words
15 years 9 months ago #60