Salute Visa...

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Salute Visa...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #31

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Salute Visa...

First Premier seems to be a larger issuer than tribute/Salute but they are tricky. Instead of offering a CLI, they offer you another credit card account in your name with a seperate CL. This is ridiculous. Just another way to get you stuck in their fee scheme. I get mail from them about twice a month and just trash it. JUST GIVE ME AN INCREASE!!!!!!
15 years 8 months ago #32

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Salute Visa...

My sister receives one, but it is soooo small like $60 or $80:worried:
15 years 8 months ago #33
  • yoyo11
  • yoyo11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Salute Visa...

I just realized that there is stilla monthly participation fee of $9.95. Im not to fond of it but I guess thats a way of keeping the account active when reprting to the CB. Heck its better than First Premier in terms of CL and AF.

I have never heard of anyone getting a credit line increase with First premier bank. I have two cards with them. One over a year and the second hitting one year mark in Nov. Believe me , they will find any reason not to give you an increase. At least w/Tribute/Salute you get one as long as you pay one time. With the annual fee of $59 and monthly fee of $6..they will be getting $131 of free money every year on a $250 credit line. Boy i can't wait to drop them!!
15 years 8 months ago #34

I just realized that there is stilla monthly participation fee of $9.95. Im not to fond of it but I guess thats a way of keeping the account active when reprting to the CB. Heck its better than First Premier in terms of CL and AF.
15 years 8 months ago #35
  • yoyo11
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

I had a pre-approval letter and responded. I was surprised to know that I was approved online for $1,000 CL with no annual fee. My credit score has inproved significantly but I was not expecting it from a sup-prime issuer. This acutally goes along with my AMEX card in terms with CL. I havent used it yet though and have only been going to my lower APR but annual fee cards if need to make a purchase.

Congrads on you new CL...if you score is pretty good...subprime card like Salute, Tribute, Blaze..will give you the better deal.....watch and see the CLIs you're be happy about that!!:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #36

I had a pre-approval letter and responded. I was surprised to know that I was approved online for $1,000 CL with no annual fee. My credit score has inproved significantly but I was not expecting it from a sup-prime issuer. This acutally goes along with my AMEX card in terms with CL. I havent used it yet though and have only been going to my lower APR but annual fee cards if need to make a purchase.
15 years 9 months ago #37
  • yoyo11
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

YoYo...did you have to call to get this done? for the 200 CLI? for the annual fee reduction? I'm only asking because I'm at about the 9 month mark with them now...so far 2 $50 CLI and I'm expecting a $100 CLI soon...

Hello Wildrage, no with the Tribute card it was automatic. Once I hit the one year mark and went online, it did show the $150 annual fee, a few days later the credit line increase..and a few days after that the $50 credit off the annual fee....a few days after that I got a lett:fun:er from Tribute saying that I was a good customer and they give me the credit off the annual fee..only $100 they said. Once I got my statement a few weeks later, everything was on there. You will get the $100 CLI , remember its after the 9th month..going into your 10th statement period. The full 9 months have to past. As long as you pay on time/never go over the CL, you'll be ok....remember after one year start looking online for that big CLI!!:fun:
15 years 9 months ago #38

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Salute Visa...

YoYo...did you have to call to get this done? for the 200 CLI? for the annual fee reduction? I'm only asking because I'm at about the 9 month mark with them now...so far 2 $50 CLI and I'm expecting a $100 CLI soon...
15 years 9 months ago #39

Replied by ding on topic Re: Salute Visa...

I have had this card for a couple years and I cannot say a whole lot of good about it....They refuse to give an increase...I have called repeatedly and even spoke to the manager and they said they "periodically review" my credit and will decide...I explained that this is the lowest card in my wallet and I would really appreciate some lovin' and they gave me the same line..and said when they decide I would receive a letter in the mail...good luck and if you get something different...please let me know...I will more than likely close this account without an increase soon,....please note my scores have greatly improved and I have way better credit than before and have never missed a payment with them or been late.:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #40
  • yoyo11
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by yoyo11

Any one had this card for a year yet? My anniversary date was yesterday..I've been charged the $150 annual fee already. For those who remember, Tribute waived $50 off my annual fee and gave me a $200 CLI.,of couse if took them about 10 days to show all transcations online.
]Hope Salute does this. :scared:[/COLOR]
15 years 9 months ago #41