Interesting Article on Fee-harvesting credit cards

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Interesting Article on Fee-harvesting credit cards

What a great article, thanks for sharing.
mrrob
15 years 9 months ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Interesting Article on Fee-harvesting credit cards

The highest limit I've seen on a First Premier card is $300. That's pretty pathetic.
15 years 9 months ago #17

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Interesting Article on Fee-harvesting credit cards

Hey hjm331, my sister says she gets a small cli from them every now and then, unless she is telling a bald face lie!
15 years 9 months ago #18

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Interesting Article on Fee-harvesting credit cards

Thanks to the reviews here on this site, I have learned that the difference between First Premier and Tribute are that Tribute gives you increases as long as you maintain a good history with them and First Premier doesn't.
15 years 9 months ago #19

Replied by keys on topic Re: Interesting Article on Fee-harvesting credit cards

Is First Bank of S.D. (one of the banks in the article) the same as First Premier Bank?

[/COLOR]
I'm pretty sure they are two different banks. I really didn't think that Tribute (CompuCredit) is as bad as First Premier or Plains Commerce though. I know the AF is high ($150), but at least you get some room w/ available credit; the other two bs you w/ only 50 bucks available.
15 years 9 months ago #20

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Interesting Article on Fee-harvesting credit cards

Is First Bank of S.D. (one of the banks in the article) the same as First Premier Bank? If it is I can't hardly wait to get back all that money I have paid to them. Seriously, I can see subprime cards disappearing if those banks can't charge large fees to people with bad credit because I don't think they will take that risk to issue credit cards without high fees and the prime banks don't do it now. So I think it will come down to this for people with bad credit: the only cards they will be able to get will be secured cards and for other loans, they will have to have large downpayments. IMO, if the government wins their case, credit repair will be harder to do.
15 years 9 months ago #21
  • rwmtd
  • rwmtd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

was created by rwmtd

Hi all, I know quite a few of us here on the forum have the cc that charge us fees. I just found this article very interesting http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/fdic-ftc-compucredit-200-million-1282.php . What it discusses is a proposed crack down on the issurers that make a profit on such cards. Just something I thought would be of interest.

rwmtd
15 years 9 months ago #22