Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

HJM331, thanks for the research. Yes, we settled with BOA and paid in an agreement. It is due to fall of TU and Exp in 2-3 months. It has been off Equif over 1 year.

Does BOA have a Black list if you messed up with them before? I don't want to waste an inquiry.
15 years 9 months ago #76

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Shark6, I did some research and I found out that anybody can apply for it.

http://www1.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/?context_id=marketing_detail&offer_id=ECOMM090BANX00506700113679EN000&requestTimeout=120&router_flag=y

As long as you have everything settled, you should try applying for it because BOA is one the best cards you can get in the business right now.

Good Luck
15 years 9 months ago #77

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

HJM331, I just received an invitation today from BOA for their Elite Rewards World Mastercard. Have you heard of this card? It says by invitation only. I believe that it is a charge card with no preset limit.

However, I had a BOA card in the past, about 7years ago and DH and I settled for less than the amount (we didn't know about PFD then but what is done is done). It is scheduled to fall off my report anyday now.

I was sucessful in getting it deleted of Equifax about 1.5yrs ago but it is still reporting on EX and TU. I am pretty sure that BOA pulls EQ in my area. I'm wondering if I should waste a pull on this offer?

Thoughts?
15 years 9 months ago #78

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I use my credit cards for just about everything including soda. I just hate dealing with cash where you are giving change and then you drop it because of the clumsy cashier. I just save myself the embarrassment and hassle and just use good ol' plastic.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #79

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

True about the bills...lol.

See this is where I was explaining the debit usage. I get rewarded for using my card which is a great benifit for me because I do not carry cash on me. So basically when someone will purchase something for $5 and use cash, why not whip out the debit card and get rewarded for the $5. If i did not receive rewards, it would not matter to me because I have to use the debit card anyway if I want to purchase something. If I dont have to use my cc's i dont, I use them only with a plan like major purchases, vacations, or to keep them with activities like chips or subway sandwhiches...lol
:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #80

Meya, you're right. But I can afford to keep my money in there when it is time for them to pay interest and spend the money after that. When I say spend, I mean pay my bills.
15 years 9 months ago #81

There is an account issued by Smith Barney that lets you keep your money in your checking account to earn intrest and won't deduct your debit charges until the end of the month. It's called an FMA account I think.

Wow, thanks for the info. I think you should add this to the forum called Banks Specific @ https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

While you are there, start a new thread because no one has added that there. But, I have to say, I have been dealing with bofa since I was 18 yrs old and US Bank for abuot 5 or 6 years now. Why? Its freeeeeee!

I dont think I would gain any interest because I pull and put in everyday.
15 years 9 months ago #82

If only BOA had a personal checking account that paid interest. I'd be all over it right now.
15 years 9 months ago #83
  • Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

When I use my debit as Visa, I get the same treatment as my cc creditors. I am not liable. But yest Debit do take the balance away, but it is just like if I walked into a store and spent cash, the goods deducted my money out of my wallet. I tend to put money in the bank 90 times faster than I do on my credit cards. I have no limit to how much I can put in the bank...............let me stop making excuses, I just feel better when I use my own money because I do not have to pay anyone back. I use the credit when it is time to, or when it has not been used in so long.

There is an account issued by Smith Barney that lets you keep your money in your checking account to earn intrest and won't deduct your debit charges until the end of the month. It's called an FMA account I think.
15 years 9 months ago #84

U-go RivasGlo. I am just like you, I only use 2 checks per month, and that is for rent and Credit One
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #85

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I use nothing but my debit or credit card... On my checks im on like # 1020 or so, I only use them to pay rent. Ive had the cking acct for like 2 or more yrs.

That reminds me, today I received a letter from Chase letting me know that bcuz I have a checking account w/ them, my Chase Freedom card has been upgraded to get 3% cash back or 3 points per $1 on my TOP 5 CATEGORIES (out of 15) instead of the regular TOP 3 CATEGORIES! AND I can redeem my cash back as little as $10 instead of the regular $50.

15 years 9 months ago #86

When I use my debit as Visa, I get the same treatment as my cc creditors. I am not liable. But yest Debit do take the balance away, but it is just like if I walked into a store and spent cash, the goods deducted my money out of my wallet. I tend to put money in the bank 90 times faster than I do on my credit cards. I have no limit to how much I can put in the bank...............let me stop making excuses, I just feel better when I use my own money because I do not have to pay anyone back. I use the credit when it is time to, or when it has not been used in so long.
15 years 9 months ago #87

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I feel that the difference between the credit vs. debit is that credit transactions are safeguarded from fraudulent use while debit has restrictions on coverage. Also Debit takes away from the balance in most cases almost instantly but credit you have to pay by the billing date and with interest.
15 years 9 months ago #88

People don't even use debit cards anymore. Everyone is either using their current credit cards or cash. It is more convenient then writing a check though, that's for sure.

I don't know who those peoples are because I find more using debit cards than credit cards. Debit cards are just a way of saying goodbye to checks and it is more convenient for us to have access to our money than going into the bank.

I even hear people at Enterprise Rent-a-car complaining about them not letting them use a debit card instead of cc and it is not because they don't have one (from the scene's i encountered) it was just that they did not want to use their credit cards. I use debit waaaaayy more than credit because i do not have to pay anyone back and that is where majority of my money lies. I don't want to have to pay someone constantly so I just get it over with then and there.
15 years 9 months ago #89

Same here Eldarwen, same here.
15 years 9 months ago #90