Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

• Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I think the CU's gove you better rates on cds, savings, mortgages, no atm fees and a bunch of other perks on the banking that normal banks may not give.
15 years 9 months ago #46

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

What are the main advantages of having a CU card?
15 years 9 months ago #47

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Lol hjm331,

Hey Rob, what type of credit unions do you not have to be a member of? My little sister banks with Patelco Credit Union and I could not get an account there (nor apply for a cu loan/cc) unless I was sponserd by her or someone who is in with a credit union.

Meya, all credit unions require membership. You can't bank at a cu without a membership. Patelco is correct the only way you can join since you don't work for a company that is affiliated with them is through a family member who is a member. If joining a cu is important to you, check in the yellow pages for credit unions and call them and find out there membership requirements. I don't know what you do for a living but there are credit unions out there for just about every job imaginable. Good luck.
15 years 9 months ago #48

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Lol hjm331,

Hey Rob, what type of credit unions do you not have to be a member of? My little sister banks with Patelco Credit Union and I could not get an account there (nor apply for a cu loan/cc) unless I was sponserd by her or someone who is in with a credit union.
15 years 9 months ago #49

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I'll just stick to the cards I have right now, I don't want to get myself into something I don't know.
15 years 9 months ago #50

Replied by keys on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

hjm331, some credit unions have restrictions like you have to be a teacher or a hospital employee or something like that. Where I live, just being a resident of a certain county will qualify you to join.
15 years 9 months ago #51

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Eldarwen, we are talking about credit unions where they are just like banks except they require a consumer to join the union in order to apply for any of their products. They offer large credit lines with low interest rates, that's why they are becoming popular nowadays.

HJM, you don't have to join the union to become a member of the credit union. Members of the military are not union members but they do have credit unions.
15 years 9 months ago #52

Eldarwen, we are talking about credit unions where they are just like banks except they require a consumer to join the union in order to apply for any of their products. They offer large credit lines with low interest rates, that's why they are becoming popular nowadays.
15 years 9 months ago #53

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I work for a grocery store and I am part of a union. I get stuff all the time from they union giving me stuff on how I can save money. They give me some kind of thing saying I can save money with car insurance and health benifits because I belong to a union. I don't know anything about a credit union. I think a lot of grocery stores have unions.
15 years 9 months ago #54

Eldarwen, we just wanted to know how to join union so we can apply for a CU card in the future.

I think you are confusing a workers union for a credit union. They are two different things. A worker's union is concerned with pay, working hours, benefits while a credit union is a financial institution taking care of a certain group of peoples (like federal employees) financial needs. I may be mistaken but it sounded like Eldarwen was talking about a workers union not a credit union.
15 years 9 months ago #55

Eldarwen, we just wanted to know how to join union so we can apply for a CU card in the future.
15 years 9 months ago #56

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

What is the question? The only reason that I know anything about unions is because I belong to a union. The acronyms are really confusing me.
15 years 9 months ago #57

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

HJM, here is a link to Wikipedia. Nice article about credit unions]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_union[/URL]

If you know of a cu in your area, you could just call them and ask them what are their membership requirements are. Most large companies have credit unions, federal employees have them. When I was in the Navy, I was a member of the Navy Federal Credit Union. If I wanted to bank long distance, I could still bank with them because once a member, always a member.

Nfcu is what Eldarwen told us about but I think it is another one. Hopefully she will be in here to answer soon
15 years 9 months ago #58

CU's have always been known for giving large credit lines. I'm interested in applying for a CU card but I don't know how to join the CU.

HJM, here is a link to Wikipedia. Nice article about credit unions]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_union[/URL]

If you know of a cu in your area, you could just call them and ask them what are their membership requirements are. Most large companies have credit unions, federal employees have them. When I was in the Navy, I was a member of the Navy Federal Credit Union. If I wanted to bank long distance, I could still bank with them because once a member, always a member.
15 years 9 months ago #59

CU's have always been known for giving large credit lines. I'm interested in applying for a CU card but I don't know how to join the CU.
15 years 9 months ago #60