Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Tynece, yes, when you get 1k points,t hey will send you a 10% coupon. I'm hoping to hit 1k before thanksgiving so I can get a 10% coupon before the holiday season.

However, I charge so little on the card do to the small limit and pif, I'm not sure if I will get there.
15 years 9 months ago #31
  • Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I was thinking about getting a Vicki card. Do they send you the rewards often? By the way I did not know this but my target card gives me rewards when I use it. Never knew that!!!
15 years 9 months ago #32

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I have just been rewarded by Victoria's Secret. I saw my Victoria's Secret bill and a big pink Victoria's Secret envelope in the mail and was about to throw it out. They upgraded me to the V.I.P Angels card and gave me a $10 gift certificate. I would have liked a CLI instead, but I shall take the $10 card.
15 years 9 months ago #33

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

That's what happens when you are self-employed. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #34

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

You will, I know I am giong to be with one when I finish school and step out into the real world of paychecks. I have not seen a paycheck in my name in years. Always seen cash or personal checks.
15 years 9 months ago #35

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I still can't get into a CU though. I guess this is going to take some time.
15 years 9 months ago #36

Exactly! :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #37

Meya, I too have noticed that. Consumers are interested into getting in with CU's because they offer cards with large credit lines and lower interest rates.
15 years 9 months ago #38

Credit Unions are great to be a part of. They have lower fees, better rates, and YOU are vital to the institution. Members are shareholders in the credit union. They mainly are associated with certain companies or field of industry but thats changing. Some CUs are opening up to just about anyone as long as they open an account with a one time membership dues. More and more people are converting to CUs for their financial needs.

YOu are correct cireone, CU is starting to become more popular than regular banks.
15 years 9 months ago #39

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

CUs sound good, but I don't have any near by to join.
15 years 9 months ago #40

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Meya, not all CUS require you to work for a member company. I know my CU started out that way but now they have evolved to offer membership to people who work in several surrounding counties.

In addition, most CUs offer membership to the family of members. So, if your sister belongs to one, find out if they offer membership to family members. Also, inquire of CUs to see if they offer membership if you live in certain counties in your area.

It is not hard to get into a CU these days compared to several years ago.

What I like about my CU is that they know me. It feels great to go in and have the teller, CSR and manager address you or greet you by your name, require no i.d. as they site I.D you and call you personally if their is a potential problem. I'm not just a # to them.

I also get free ATM access to a network of CUs and 3 free non-member ATM transactions a month.
15 years 9 months ago #41

Soon CU's will start raising their interest rates once they have all the consumers they need.
15 years 9 months ago #42

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Credit Unions are great to be a part of. They have lower fees, better rates, and YOU are vital to the institution. Members are shareholders in the credit union. They mainly are associated with certain companies or field of industry but thats changing. Some CUs are opening up to just about anyone as long as they open an account with a one time membership dues. More and more people are converting to CUs for their financial needs.
15 years 9 months ago #43

"You lucky mess up!"

:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #44

Meya, all credit unions require membership. You can't bank at a cu without a membership. Patelco is correct the only way you can join since you don't work for a company that is affiliated with them is through a family member who is a member. If joining a cu is important to you, check in the yellow pages for credit unions and call them and find out there membership requirements. I don't know what you do for a living but there are credit unions out there for just about every job imaginable. Good luck.

I am a hairstylist, since I am self employed, I have no access to a union. Patelco is who I wanted to add to my list by next year because I want to apply for a loan through them. I remember when my sister received $5k from them with heck of bad items on her cr report. She needed to get her car fixed and needed some change on the side. I was like, 'You lucky mess up!" :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #45