when to apply for credit

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic You are good to go!

You are good to go! Your best is to walk in the store to apply. The limit will be much higher.
15 years 11 months ago #31

Replied by maxepic on topic i want to apply to

i want to apply to macys
15 years 11 months ago #32

Replied by maxepic on topic capital one in april 3,000

capital one in april 3,000 credit limit target in may 200.00
15 years 11 months ago #33
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic How many new cards do

How many new cards do you have so far? If that is the only one you can go right ahead and apply for a couple more. Which type of card did you just receive?
15 years 11 months ago #34

Replied by Finance Globe on topic any c;lue what the difference

any c;lue what the difference and how this Scorex Plus Score is calculated, or what it is?

Bizz, As I am aware, the ScoreX Plus score from Experian pulls records from all 3 bureaus and makes predictions about your credit situation. I found a direct link that will help you out, and a way you can buy your report. http://www.experian.com/ask_max/max062707a.html
16 years 4 months ago #35
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Well Meya, I guess positive

Well Meya, I guess positive thinkning and a long ways to go for me <sigh>

any c;lue what the difference and how this Scorex Plus Score is calculated, or what it is?

Did you have to cause me to scratch the back of my head this early in the morning? :sleepy:

You got me on this one :suicide:

Mike, we need your help in here....lol. Bizz I am so sorry that I can not answer your question. I have never seen any score from myself other than TU, EX, and EQ. Those are the only ones I have heard of. I heard Craig mention something about mortgage seeing scores that are totally different from what we see. Maybe he can help with this issue (if he is still around). Until then, lets wait for FG or someone with this type of knowledge come through. I am very interested in hearing about this one
:confused: :scared: :dumbfounded:

PS, are they going to give you your money back? If not, you know you have some members here that have your back, we can just load up and tear them down.. :laugh: :fun:
16 years 4 months ago #36
  • bizz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bizz on topic Well I lost a lot

Well I lost a lot of my positive thinking today. I now lend on prosper and have 250.00 out there, sure its not a lot but once I have faith in it I will do more. I just wanted to see what credit rating they will give me, so I acted like I wanted to have a loan and started filling the form out, as they use letters based on your credit score and <gasp> I was not able to proceed, they use Experian Scorex PLUS, which is apparently almost 100 points less than my Experian score. My Experian Scorex Plus Score is UNDER 520, OMG I dont know how low it is, but its about (maybe even more) 100 less than my current Experian score. They said I could not proceed because of this.

Well Meya, I guess positive thinkning and a long ways to go for me <sigh>

:shocked:
16 years 4 months ago #37
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic hehehe oh well! I will

hehehe oh well!
I will still get my Hooters and Harley cards one day soon

Well at least you think positive Bizz. It is taking me so long to get there. I have been trying for the past 4 years. I have not defaulted on anything yet. I was nearly there with my TU scores but the inquiries tore my scores up. Whew, I dont know about going on another beng, I will just focus one card at a time
:confused:
16 years 5 months ago #38
  • bizz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bizz on topic hehehe oh well! I will

hehehe oh well!
I will still get my Hooters and Harley cards one day soon :fun: :fun: :fun:

Until then I will work my way up to 700 club.

<giggles>
16 years 5 months ago #39
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I got preapproval from hsbc

I got preapproval from hsbc and was declined due to maimum cards they allow us to have

<guilty as charged, for this addiction>

I sort of figured that is what HSBC was going to do to you
:scared:

How did you do the "guilty as charge thing?"
:dumbfounded:
16 years 5 months ago #40
  • bizz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bizz on topic OH WOW! Now I truly

OH WOW! Now I truly need to open a credit one card or apply for one :)
I got preapproval from hsbc and was declined due to maimum cards they allow us to have
and I really wanted this one because it was a butterfly. I guess Ill have to do one of my bees on my credit card for credit one like my pic :) I use here as an avatar hehehe
<guilty as charged, for this addiction>
16 years 5 months ago #41
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I wish WAMU had choices

I wish WAMU had choices for you card.

Guess what? Credit One now offer members to upload any picture to their credit card, and they will print it on a new card for free. All of my files ae too big but I am going to take a family picture sometime next month, and I will upload that one.
16 years 5 months ago #42
  • bizz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bizz on topic OH, I have quite a

OH, I have quite a few gardening magazines I subscribe too. Thats a good possibility
I also order seeds from every year too. Maybe one of the companies turned over my information. I never thought of that. Thank you. I do feel a little better, even though its amazing how I grow heirloom tomatoes, and now I sit here with a credit card with a big tomato on it hehehe. Yes I did get both cards, each with 300.00 credit limit BUT thats ok. And one with Wolves on it that says defenders of Wildlife. These 2 are probably my favorites. I wish WAMU had choices for you card.

Thank you everyone
16 years 5 months ago #43

Replied by Finance Globe on topic I really don't think that

I really don't think that they would go to the extent of tracking cookies. Bizz, do you subscribe to any gardening magazines? I would say that HSBC has definitely received your info from a partner that's privacy policy is lax. What a private world we live in... :cheesing:
16 years 5 months ago #44
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Hummmm, I would say Tracking

Hummmm, I would say Tracking your cookies :cool:

I will let Mike answer this one...lol.

Nothing is wrong with paying for the rush delievery. You took the chance, crossed your fingers, and suffered butterflies duirng the process. Yes, pay for the express fee.... got-darnnit. :cool:
16 years 5 months ago #45