Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Hey 4better. Welcome to FG! Are those scores from myfico.com? If they are, then I would wait until they are at 650 and apply for a card from Capital One and HSBC. They are rebuilder cards without any ridiculous fees.
15 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by 4better on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

I was a rewards 660 cardholder. When i received my Metabank mastercard i was disappointed to see in the fine print that there would be no credit limit increases. However i do think that you have to start somewhere and a $300 limit and no annual fee is better than nothing. I also have a tribute card and a first premier bank centennial gold mastercard. I believe these cards followed as a result of my rewards 660 approval. I have a low credit score due to hospital bills and charge-offs. I think ultimately that my fpb card is the best card because they gave me 9.9% which is good for someone with a credit score of 548. I think eventually my score will go up if i am responsibile with the credit that i have.:white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

I only know of MetaBank as being a secured credit card company. Theonly unsecured cards I have heard about from them are offered regionally (I guess where they are based at). Yeah the AF is gone but in reality it was just converted into the participation fee. Whats crazy is that i received a bill form Rewards660 and if the card is dead, how will it be credited since the new bill is not out yet????
15 years 4 months ago #3
  • rwmtd
  • rwmtd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Rewards 660 Visa now Indigo Mastercard

So todauy I received a blank envelope that had the feeling of a card. I thought to myself, "I didnt apply for anything" Well when I opened it it indeed was a new card and I thought some type of fraud was committed. After careful review of the papers it appears that Rewards 660 has been dissolved by MetaBank and they created the Indigo Mastercard for its existing customers. Everything is still the same APR and CL -wise. Im wondering though if its a new type of card does the balance still carry over or is it a new one and I end up having both Rewards660 and Indigo??? How is MetaBank anyways??????????

Hi Ciereone, I was a Rewards 660 customer too and I don't know if you received an email or letter from them stating that they were closing shop (I actually started a thread here about it earlier)

Anyway, I just received the new card as well and yes the balance still carries over and no the Rewards660 is now dead. While there is no longer an annual fee there is a $10.00 "participation" fee which adds up to $120 per year.

Personally I don't have any idea how MetaBank operates maybe someone here at FG can provide an answer. :white-flag:
TIA,
rwmtd
15 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by cireone on topic Rewards 660 Visa now Indigo Mastercard

So todauy I received a blank envelope that had the feeling of a card. I thought to myself, "I didnt apply for anything" Well when I opened it it indeed was a new card and I thought some type of fraud was committed. After careful review of the papers it appears that Rewards 660 has been dissolved by MetaBank and they created the Indigo Mastercard for its existing customers. Everything is still the same APR and CL -wise. Im wondering though if its a new type of card does the balance still carry over or is it a new one and I end up having both Rewards660 and Indigo??? How is MetaBank anyways??????????
15 years 4 months ago #5

Rwmtd, thanks for sharing your experience with us and good luck with the decision you make in the future.
15 years 4 months ago #6
  • rwmtd
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

For those who want additional information here is a link for Rewards660 where they explain what's going on:

http://www.rewards660.com

TIA,

rwmtd
15 years 4 months ago #7
  • rwmtd
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Hell all,

Well after much calling around I spoke to someone at Rewards660 to get my bill paid over the phone (they waived the payment over the phone fee since I can't get to their site to pay the bill).

I asked the rep while I had her on the phone if there would be any changes to their program. Her response was that there would be no changes to the "current" program, that all customers in good standing with them are being issued a Master Card through MetaBank regardless of geophaphic location. Hmm, sounded like a well rehersed or scripted answer to me. :worried:

She also asked if I had received the email regarding not using my card and I let her know that I had and she stated that all card holders will be receiving a letter from the new bank soon.

I've already cut up the card and will be applying for a Citibank Secured card soon. :cheesing:

TIA,

rwmtd
15 years 4 months ago #8

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Probably going to show transferred to another creditor,but tradeline date will most likely change. Dispute it with the bureaus, you don't want it showing it new, transferred to new creditor is ok, but open date should remain as it was on original open date.

Good luck with that, sounds pretty shady to me. I don't trust any of those subprimers. Alot will sink with that ship, and they (bottom subprimers) are running like ants.
15 years 4 months ago #9

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Can we do that? I did not think of that because when Chevron transfered our accounts to gemb, I did not think of asking them to remove it, I was more worried with them not putting my history back. But they did

That's true. I had a Fleet credit card and I got a letter one day saying that it was going to be converted to E*Trade, so I closed it, it still transferred. But you are right, it transferred as the same tradeline with the same opening date.

You just never know, especially with companies like MetaBank et al. I did have an issue with GEMB after they bought the Mervyn's credit cards. I closed my Mervyns (then RNB now TNB) on 4/1999; when GEMB took over the account it had the same opening date of 6/1998 but it was showing closed 6/2005! I disputed it and they deleted the whole tradeline-it was great.

I guess my point is for anybody who might be getting the MasterCard, just be sure to investigate how it reports.
15 years 4 months ago #10

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Can we do that? I did not think of that because when Chevron transfered our accounts to gemb, I did not think of asking them to remove it, I was more worried with them not putting my history back. But they did.:worried:
15 years 4 months ago #11

Someone else just post a similar story on the cc reviews. The review said that if they qualify for a regular master card, they will issue them one. That is so wrong, how you can merge with a bank that accept individuals with poor credit and then expect for them to met your financial requirements? That's dirty. That's like going into a retirement home and giving everyone 90+ or older an option of living 50 more years but you have to be between the ages of 25-35. Give me a break!

That is wrong, and would that be a brand new trade line with a brand new opening date? I'd tell them to keep it, remove it from my bureau and go with another company.
15 years 4 months ago #12

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Someone else just post a similar story on the cc reviews. The review said that if they qualify for a regular master card, they will issue them one. That is so wrong, how you can merge with a bank that accept individuals with poor credit and then expect for them to met your financial requirements? That's dirty. That's like going into a retirement home and giving everyone 90+ or older an option of living 50 more years but you have to be between the ages of 25-35. Give me a break!
15 years 4 months ago #13

Good Luck

I second that. Let us know what happens.
15 years 4 months ago #14

Good Luck :cool:
15 years 4 months ago #15