Citibank

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Citibank

All of my credit approvals from Citi were all done online and approved instantly. Others have sent in documentation per their request and were later approved. This may be a good sign. My approvals were during much better times before the credit crisis. I would be optimistic if I were you. You'll probably be approved if you have a clean report and pretty good credit score. Citibank is usually good to their cardholders. Good luck. Keep us posted.
14 years 8 months ago #91

Replied by calvindai on topic Re: Citibank

I applied for the Citi AA Bronze and my application is needed verification. They sent me an email to send in the 3 documents they requested. I mailed it in last week. Does this mean is denied? Anyone have any application experience with them? please let me know
14 years 8 months ago #92

Replied by Meya on topic Re: citi bank card

:innocent: :innocent: :fun:
14 years 10 months ago #93

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: citi bank card

Wow, very nice. You can just about buy a car with that limit... lol

Not advisable with the APR....LOL. The only good thing about it though is that the car can't be repoed if he decides to burn it or something (not that I would want that....LOL)
14 years 10 months ago #94

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: citi bank card

approved for citi AA/platinum card $11,500 Eq 707 Ex 677 Trans 724

Wow, very nice. You can just about buy a car with that limit... lol
14 years 10 months ago #95

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: citi bank card

That is a pretty decent credit line for those scores (not that they are bad at all).
14 years 10 months ago #96

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: citi bank card

DAYUM!!! NICE!!!! Who did they pull and what state?
14 years 10 months ago #97

Replied by nate2525 on topic citi bank card

14 years 10 months ago #98

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: Citibank

Yes, i do fly alot, so thought i'd take em up on the points, and i don't mind the 85$ fee. I'll end up getting that waived anyway. I didn't like having 2 dividend cards, even though one was Amex. I may switch it to another Amex in a year. Really, i'm disappointed in Citi's selection these days. Nothing really excites me with their selection now that they deleted some of their card choices. I really like the Drivers Edge, the rebates are adding up fast, but only for first 12 months, then drops off to 3%. I really have no need to buy another car, because i just bought my Mercedes in April, so i'll probably convert them over to thank you points.

But, i'm getting ready to settle on a house in the DC area, i won't be flying much anymore, so probably going to convert to Diamond Preferred Amex. I'd like to go with the Platinum Amex, but again 125$ annual fee and still connected to airline.
I've been looking into BOA's accelerated Amex or accelerated cashback Amex......maybe next year. Too many cards with different programs gets very confusing sometimes as to what card to choose from to use BTW, i haven't received any terms in regards to AA. Hopefully no big surprises
15 years 5 months ago #99

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Hey Colonative,

I had the Dividend, which was originally the Preferred account until 03'. I converted it over to the Diamond Preferred Rewards. They don't offer Dividend card anymore. Besides, i like the Thank You points, instead of the Cash Returns (which is only at 1%) which really stinks. My Discover pays way more than that if i use it at certain merchants, and Cap One is at 2% in certain categories. But believe it or not, as cheap as HSBC is, i get a straight 2% with all purchases.

That's the reason i won't close it. I did, however, close my old OB Platinum and combine with that card for a 4,500 limit.

Also, i converted my Citi Dividend Amex over to AA Amex for frequent flyer points.

Ack! You converted your Dividend Amex??? Oy vey. So the AA carries an annual fee doesnt it? I guess if you fly alot it makes sense. Speaking of Citi, have you received your change in terms yet?
15 years 5 months ago #100

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Hey Colonative,

I had the Dividend, which was originally the Preferred account until 03'. I converted it over to the Diamond Preferred Rewards. They don't offer Dividend card anymore. Besides, i like the Thank You points, instead of the Cash Returns (which is only at 1%) which really stinks. My Discover pays way more than that if i use it at certain merchants, and Cap One is at 2% in certain categories. But believe it or not, as cheap as HSBC is, i get a straight 2% with all purchases.

That's the reason i won't close it. I did, however, close my old OB Platinum and combine with that card for a 4,500 limit.

Also, i converted my Citi Dividend Amex over to AA Amex for frequent flyer points.
15 years 5 months ago #101

Replied by charonh on topic Re: How Many Cards?

They do this sometimes. When I converted my Citi Platinum Select MasterCard to the Platinum Select Dividend MasterCard they said that the APR was 1% higher. I have been with Citi for 10 years now and if you give it a few months and call back they will lower it (as long as you are using the card). So I took the 1% increase and got it lowered a few months later. They wanted to upgrade me to a World (BIN 5466) because I use my card for everything-they have paid me some pretty decent checks-turns out the higher level the card, the more the bank gets in exchange fees. That is why banks are handing out Signature and World credit cards to almost anybody.

One thing I have to say is that if you have a reward credit card-never-carry a balance. They typically have a higher APR to begin with and if you pay interest you really aren't getting a reward.

How long ago was this? Can you call them to reopen it?

That was over a year ago, at this point they're saying they would have to pull a new credit report (which I'm unwilling to agree to). I have five citi accounts if you include that one. You are absolutely correct about carrying balances on rewards, I had to learn that lesson too. I wish I'd found this site/forum sooner.
15 years 5 months ago #102

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: How Many Cards?

Actually, I closed it because I was disgruntled and before I new the impact of closing accounts. It was originally a premier pass card, liking the cash returns card better, I called and asked them to convert mine. They did, but kept the apr for the premier pass, which was higher, although not a lot higher. They wouldn't budge so I closed the account. Looking back, that wasn't a wise decision, which is why now I ponder decisions as such over the course of 48 hours (cool down time) before taking any action.

They do this sometimes. When I converted my Citi Platinum Select MasterCard to the Platinum Select Dividend MasterCard they said that the APR was 1% higher. I have been with Citi for 10 years now and if you give it a few months and call back they will lower it (as long as you are using the card). So I took the 1% increase and got it lowered a few months later. They wanted to upgrade me to a World (BIN 5466) because I use my card for everything-they have paid me some pretty decent checks-turns out the higher level the card, the more the bank gets in exchange fees. That is why banks are handing out Signature and World credit cards to almost anybody.

One thing I have to say is that if you have a reward credit card-never-carry a balance. They typically have a higher APR to begin with and if you pay interest you really aren't getting a reward.

How long ago was this? Can you call them to reopen it?
15 years 5 months ago #103

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: How Many Cards?

I didn't know HSBC offered cards without a pre-set limit.

I didn't either. They might not, I have just seen some accounts that has a code JX-Flexible Spending Account. HSBC and Wells Fargo both use that. I have also noticed that a lot of banks use the BIN (1st four anyway) of 4147 for their Visa Signature accounts: Chase, Wells Fargo, Nordstrom and the Citibank Hilton Honors Visa Signature.

It could be one of those old Beneficial accounts that Household used to have.
15 years 5 months ago #104

Replied by charonh on topic Re: How Many Cards?

Actually, I closed it because I was disgruntled and before I new the impact of closing accounts. It was originally a premier pass card, liking the cash returns card better, I called and asked them to convert mine. They did, but kept the apr for the premier pass, which was higher, although not a lot higher. They wouldn't budge so I closed the account. Looking back, that wasn't a wise decision, which is why now I ponder decisions as such over the course of 48 hours (cool down time) before taking any action.
15 years 5 months ago #105