Citibank

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Citibank

Hey... thanks for the heads up. My Citi Card MC Select is at 14.9% now and I was not aware. Appreciate the info.
14 years 4 months ago #76

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Citibank

14 years 4 months ago #77

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Citibank

SMCC & Others - in response to your card request and those of others... Citi Cards offers the Citi Bank Select Platinum which is a lower interest, no AF card with virtually no rewards. Credit required runs good to excellent. They have been known to be flexible on a case by case basis and may approve fair credit. Essentially this is a NO frills MasterCard. A stepping stone to a product change after a track record has been built. They do offer 6 to 9 months of 0% balance transfers to get you started depending on your credit standing. This is not a Signature "NO LIMIT" credit card! :cool:
14 years 6 months ago #78

appreciate the feedback charonh but when I did my research, none of the sites mentioned no pre set spending limit for this card. Looking for something between a Signature Card and a Platinum AMEX. The Platinum is in the cross hairs but trying to find something that's between the two. Is there something between a no pre set spending limit and the Platinum ? Need something to shoot for.................... getting bored
14 years 7 months ago #79

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Citibank

Young man, Eugene66 appreciate your info. That's what I needed to know, I will pass on this card. Thanks again

I don't know smcc, you said that about Discover. Citibank is a good bank even during difficult times. They've been good to me and by far have been the most understanding. Once you get in good with them, they'll usually give you whatever you want.
14 years 7 months ago #80

My Citi AA Bronze has been approved... CHeers

I told you and there you were worrying for no reason. Enjoy!!!!!! :cheesing:
14 years 7 months ago #81

Got a pre-approval for a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard in the mail. can anyone give me any info about this card ? Research shows me 700 score gets you in. This card on the level of a Signature Card ?

Thanks

Their World Mastercard competes with the visa signature card, which is what I used to have. You supposedly do not have a credit limit, but in actuality you do, but are allowed to go over it as long as you pay it off with the next statement. When I first got the card no credit line was reported until I got close to the limit, then they began reporting a limit. Overall, Citibank is a good bank.
14 years 7 months ago #82

Young man, Eugene66 appreciate your info. That's what I needed to know, I will pass on this card. Thanks again
14 years 7 months ago #83

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank

This is the number one card in my wallet and from what i read about Citi and how generous they are with cli's, I am a believer now.
14 years 7 months ago #84

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

I've had the platinum select card since march and on my fourth statement I clicked the luv button that appeared under tools and services and received a 3600 increase without a pull. now i read that if you click on it and a form appears then they will pull a report.

That's what I've read too. I'm starting to get anxious and impatient for my Citi secured card to graduate and see what kind of CL they approve me for. All this CLI talk is getting my hopes high for a large CL but something tells me that I'm going to start off small. :laugh:
14 years 7 months ago #85

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank

I've had the platinum select card since march and on my fourth statement I clicked the luv button that appeared under tools and services and received a 3600 increase without a pull. now i read that if you click on it and a form appears then they will pull a report.
14 years 7 months ago #86

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

No, it's a basic Citi card without any rewards. They usually with come with good BT and purchase promo rates.
14 years 7 months ago #87

Got a pre-approval for a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard in the mail. can anyone give me any info about this card ? Research shows me 700 score gets you in. This card on the level of a Signature Card ?

Thanks
14 years 7 months ago #88

Replied by calvindai on topic Re: Citibank

My Citi AA Bronze has been approved... CHeers :)
14 years 7 months ago #89

Replied by calvindai on topic Re: Citibank

All of my credit approvals from Citi were all done online and approved instantly. Others have sent in documentation per their request and were later approved. This may be a good sign. My approvals were during much better times before the credit crisis. I would be optimistic if I were you. You'll probably be approved if you have a clean report and pretty good credit score. Citibank is usually good to their cardholders. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Hi Charonh,
Thanks for sharing the information. Yeah Hope everything are well with my applications. You know something interesting about citibank. When they send me an email request for verification document, the title of the email say "Information about your Account"..I suppose they mean information about your application. I'm assuming verification is final stage of the application. I hope to get approve for the account..
14 years 7 months ago #90