Citibank

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank

It looks like Citi has the Dividend Platinum Select card available but you have to look for it.I found it and went to the app and it took me to Citi's website with everything copyrighted for 2010 and it is legit. I looked through the terms and conditions to see if it said anything about being discontinued but i found nothing.but I am very temped to apply:innocent:
13 years 11 months ago #46

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Citibank

A local credit union here in Portland, OR is currently offering 2.99% on new and 3.29% on used auto loans - with terms up to 60 months. Their fixed Visa is also 9.90%. My parents are long members of them, with money market accounts & credit cards.

Oregonians Credit Union]https://www.ofcu.com/autoloan.html[/URL]

Those are excellent, go get yourself a new car! Navy FCU is also currently offering 2.99% though only for 36 months.
14 years 3 months ago #47

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Citibank

A local credit union here in Portland, OR is currently offering 2.99% on new and 3.29% on used auto loans - with terms up to 60 months. Their fixed Visa is also 9.90%. My parents are long members of them, with money market accounts & credit cards.

Oregonians Credit Union:
https://www.ofcu.com/autoloan.html
14 years 3 months ago #48

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Citibank

Credit Unions.
14 years 3 months ago #49

great rate

It is a very good rate; especially since it is for both new and used vehicles and it is for up to 60 months. Other banks/credit unions might offer 3.99% but it is usually for up to 36 months and new cars only. The 3.99% at Pentagon FCU is also only good if you apply beforehand online; if you apply at the dealership it would be 4.99%. Credit Unions are the way to go people.
14 years 3 months ago #50

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Citibank

Yeah, I am very happy with them. And I am really interested in their 3.99% car loans.....I have to try to resist.

great rate:white-flag:
14 years 3 months ago #51

Yeah, that's a great rate. Do you have a car in mind?

There is a local dealer with some GM program vehicles (ie returned rental cars) at some decent prices. Saturn Aura V6 at $12,998, Pontiac G6 V6 at $11,999 and a few Chevy Impala's at $11,999. I believe they even have a few Camry LE's (4 cyl) for $13,999 and $14,599. I kind of like the Aura but I have been wanting an Impala for a while.
14 years 3 months ago #52

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

Yeah, I am very happy with them. And I am really interested in their 3.99% car loans.....I have to try to resist.

Yeah, that's a great rate. Do you have a car in mind?
14 years 3 months ago #53

They're super conservative and very strict indeed. It's pretty tough getting your foot into the door with them but once you do, they will open their doors as wide as they can.

14 years 3 months ago #54

They're super conservative and very strict indeed. It's pretty tough getting your foot into the door with them but once you do, they will open their doors as wide as they can.
14 years 3 months ago #55

PenFed will not approve my app as long as I am carrying a balance on more than 2 cards. They even have their own term for it, debt pyramiding.

Crazy. They are a very healthy credit union though, so I guess they are strict for a reason.
14 years 3 months ago #56

That is probably best, especially since if you change to the Forward it will likely be changed to a Visa. Or maybe you can try again for the Pentagon FCU card. They have 4.99% on balance transfers (if done online) for 24 months.

PenFed will not approve my app as long as I am carrying a balance on more than 2 cards. They even have their own term for it, debt pyramiding.
14 years 3 months ago #57

Isn't that a gas card? If you think about it, why would someone need to buy more than $400 worth of gas every month? If you are a truck driver, that's a different story.

Exactly. I have seen a few Chevron cards with $2K limits but usually gasoline cards are at $1K or less.
14 years 3 months ago #58

Hey Colonative I remember you mentioning you like the old Citi Bank logo and i found a site that shows you credit cards from the past and it had one with a pro football team om it and I do remember that old logo, it was pretty cool looking back then.

Yup, I grew up in the '80's and while for the most part I ignored credit cards, I knew what Citibank was. And to this day, I swear, I was with my aunt at Jim Paris autocenter, I dont know if that is national or not, but their logo is the Eieffl Tower, well she paid with a Citibank card, so I thought citi was French for city LOL. But yeah, I totally dug the old logo, the new one (now twelve years old) is actually really clever. Speaking of which, there is a 1985 Citibank commercial on YouTube with Richard Simmons and his mom LOL, he bought her an excercise bike with his rewards.
14 years 3 months ago #59

I have narrowed down my choices and it's between these two cards

That is probably best, especially since if you change to the Forward it will likely be changed to a Visa. Or maybe you can try again for the Pentagon FCU card. They have 4.99% on balance transfers (if done online) for 24 months.
14 years 3 months ago #60