Citibank

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Citibank

What if an applicant who does not have that much income but discloses a certain amount so that he/she can be approved to start with a higher CLI? It's possible that one can get away with a false income with the CARD Act, right?

Of course. The banks are following the law by simply asking for your income, if you imbelish your income they may not care but be careful, some creditors may request proof and if you can't back it up they will either decline the account or even reduce your existing limit.
13 years 11 months ago #31

Replied by julienne on topic Re: Citibank

A lot of the banks are following the CARD Act by simply asking for your income. A lot of the bigger banks don't have the resources to physically check unless you give them reason to.

What if an applicant who does not have that much income but discloses a certain amount so that he/she can be approved to start with a higher CLI? It's possible that one can get away with a false income with the CARD Act, right?
13 years 11 months ago #32

Citibank by far right now has been more generous with cl and cli's than the other banks i have accounts with. The Citi Dividend Platinum Select card i was approved far, and is on it's way has a 8k starting cl and as the csr told me i slipped through the crack with this card because they were not accepting apps with this card. I told her i was not looking for the card but it was on this credit card website for at least five days before i applied because i thought it was an error.

I went through the approval process but got the message that further processing was needed so i called the next day and was approved. I then noticed that the credit card website removed the card and replaced it with the diamond preferred card....a weird credit card moment i think.

Yeah, I don't think you were supposed to be able to apply for that card, but I am glad they allowed you to do it. Citibank is good that way, they phase out cards to the general public all the time, but they grandfather you in if you previously had that card. I think the only card that they actually discontinued across the board was the Citibank Ford card which worked like the GM Card. Those cardholders were given the Driver's Edge card instead. People who have a Citibank Gold card (they have not offered a Gold card to the general public-exlcuding the HHoners card-since the mid 90s) but if you have a Gold card, they keep reissuing it. I believe they even still issue the old Choice card. Small history lesson-in 1987 Citibank wanted to introduce a new credit card that would compete against Visa/MC/Amex. They issued them in Baltimore, MD and Denver, CO. Needless to say, it didn't take off, but instead of closing the accounts, they were reissued as a Visa or MasterCard and in place of the Citibank on the card, it said, Choice. My mom had one. So they are good that way. Other banks will force you into a different product if they decide to shut down a card program.
13 years 11 months ago #33

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank

Citibank by far right now has been more generous with cl and cli's than the other banks i have accounts with. The Citi Dividend Platinum Select card i was approved far, and is on it's way has a 8k starting cl and as the csr told me i slipped through the crack with this card because they were not accepting apps with this card. I told her i was not looking for the card but it was on this credit card website for at least five days before i applied because i thought it was an error.

I went through the approval process but got the message that further processing was needed so i called the next day and was approved. I then noticed that the credit card website removed the card and replaced it with the diamond preferred card....a weird credit card moment i think.
13 years 11 months ago #34

I did not have to send anything.

A lot of the banks are following the CARD Act by simply asking for your income. A lot of the bigger banks don't have the resources to physically check unless you give them reason to.
13 years 11 months ago #35

Good for you.

I did not have to send anything.
13 years 11 months ago #36

Replied by julienne on topic Re: Citibank

Actually i think that is a procedure csr's have to ask you like the one asked me because i called the next day and my app was approved without sending any kind of income verification.I just received a cli on my Citi Platinum by calling in instead of it just being approved online,all i was asked was my income and i got the cli.

Good for you. :) So, they really don't need you to send any documents verifying your actual income?
13 years 11 months ago #37

Replied by atthelake1 on topic Re: Citibank

Actually i think that is a procedure csr's have to ask you like the one asked me because i called the next day and my app was approved without sending any kind of income verification.I just received a cli on my Citi Platinum by calling in instead of it just being approved online,all i was asked was my income and i got the cli.

very cool and congrats, again!
13 years 11 months ago #38

when you say income verification...what is Citi doing now to verify, or what do you have to do to verify?

13 years 11 months ago #39

Replied by atthelake1 on topic Re: Citibank

Well i took the plunge and applied

when you say income verification...what is Citi doing now to verify, or what do you have to do to verify?
13 years 11 months ago #40

Wow, cool. So just goes to show that some products are still available if you ask.

I called today and was approved but actually i found that card app by accident because i was looking for a card to replace some cards i am closing and there it was and the rewards structure is pretty good. the website i got the card app form took the card off their database so i guess it was meant for me to get it lol.
13 years 11 months ago #41

Replied by belle on topic Re: Citibank

They're super conservative and very strict indeed. It's pretty tough getting your foot into the door with them but once you do, they will open their doors as wide as they can.

I've observed that companies who are conservative in their business approach stay in the business for quite a long time. So, I think it's a plus when dealing with conservative companies.
13 years 11 months ago #42

Well i took the plunge and applied

Wow, cool. So just goes to show that some products are still available if you ask.
13 years 11 months ago #43

I know that they still offer it for students but for regular joes I thought they discontinued it. I really like mine. I earn way more money then I could with Discover. Just be careful, you wouldnt want to apply, have then do an inquiry only to find out it is not available.

You can still find the Optima card on Amex's website and even click to apply, but it takes you to a Blue application instead.

Well i took the plunge and applied :innocent: I spoke to a crs and was told the card is available. all i am waiting on now is income verification.
13 years 11 months ago #44

It looks like Citi has the Dividend Platinum Select card available but you have to look for it.I found it and went to the app and it took me to Citi's website with everything copyrighted for 2010 and it is legit. I looked through the terms and conditions to see if it said anything about being discontinued but i found nothing.but I am very temped to apply

I know that they still offer it for students but for regular joes I thought they discontinued it. I really like mine. I earn way more money then I could with Discover. Just be careful, you wouldnt want to apply, have then do an inquiry only to find out it is not available.

You can still find the Optima card on Amex's website and even click to apply, but it takes you to a Blue application instead.
13 years 11 months ago #45