Citibank

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank

Usually when you fill out the form when a requesting a Citi CLI, they pull your report but I'm not sure if that has changed.

It use to be before the card act that when you use the request for a cli link two things would happen.Either you get the cli or you would have to fill out a form which require more financial info than the one you use now.if you know that the required three months is completed you should not have any problems with getting cli because they actually soft you that month unless some really big changes(negative) happens on your report to deny it.
12 years 10 months ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

I believe the Diamond preferred rewards card was permanently changed but I've read that Citi gave consumers with just the preferred card the choice to upgrade.

Thanx ColoNative....When I requested for my lastest cli a couple of weeks ago, I notice that a short form showed up instead of calling.The form It seems has info exactly what the csr asked when you call. the amount you request, total annual income, occupation, employers name, and then you press continue for verification which will then ask you to hit submit and there it will show you what you were approved for.Then at the bottom it has a request for more button. the process actually took less than a minute but I did not have to call in for both of my Citi cards.

Usually when you fill out the form when a requesting a Citi CLI, they pull your report but I'm not sure if that has changed.
12 years 10 months ago #17

I've just checked my online statement for my Citi Dividend card and noticed that I still receive cashback under these catagories Gas, Groc, Drug, Conv Store,Cable,Util under the section Total Special Category Dollars Earned. I thought that they eliminated those categories and went to rotation.I am not calling in for I might ruin something that's pretty good right now.
12 years 10 months ago #18

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Citibank

I believe the Diamond preferred rewards card was permanently changed but I've read that Citi gave consumers with just the preferred card the choice to upgrade.

Thanx ColoNative....When I requested for my lastest cli a couple of weeks ago, I notice that a short form showed up instead of calling.The form It seems has info exactly what the csr asked when you call. the amount you request, total annual income, occupation, employers name, and then you press continue for verification which will then ask you to hit submit and there it will show you what you were approved for.Then at the bottom it has a request for more button. the process actually took less than a minute but I did not have to call in for both of my Citi cards.

Following on your comments... I love the new Citi "Thank You" Master Card. Earning points fast. Beats the Citi Platinum Select Master Card which is basically just a bare bones Mastercard with nothing else.
12 years 10 months ago #19

Congrats Eugene. One of my co-workers had the Diamond Preferred but they "upgraded" her to that new Thank You card. She was a little peeved that when we went to Citi's website the Diamond Preferred was still available. She didn't understand why they changed her card.

So, just to clarify, you said that the credit line increase request is back to the old way? Meaning it is all done online without having to call customer service? I may have to try that. I am still PO'ed at them for their little credit line decrease last year.

12 years 10 months ago #20

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Citibank

Congrats Eugene. One of my co-workers had the Diamond Preferred but they "upgraded" her to that new Thank You card. She was a little peeved that when we went to Citi's website the Diamond Preferred was still available. She didn't understand why they changed her card.

So, just to clarify, you said that the credit line increase request is back to the old way? Meaning it is all done online without having to call customer service? I may have to try that. I am still PO'ed at them for their little credit line decrease last year.
12 years 10 months ago #21

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

Today I applied for the Citi Diamond Preferred card for the 0% balance transfer for 21 months(and purchases) and got approved but I had to use chat to answer some ID questions(my first)which only took a few minutes. because of the limits I have on my Platinum and Dividend cards, I allocated 3500 from my Platinum card to the Diamond card for a cl of 4000. I really didn't mind because I've carefully weeded out the cards that had It's uses. I will put a review on it when all my info comes in. Citi also changed the request for credit limit increase process again because the latest one I did earlier this month has a form but it looks like the same form that csrs use when you call for an increase and everything that is on the form is what information the csr ask you for and the computer gives you an instant approval for what you are approved for the way it used to be.

Congrats! I'm thinking about applying for another Citi credit card as well to take advantage of their 0% on BT's for 15 months. I used to have a Secured Card with them but ended up closing it because they didn't increase my CL from $400.
12 years 10 months ago #22

Today I applied for the Citi Diamond Preferred card for the 0% balance transfer for 21 months(and purchases) and got approved but I had to use chat to answer some ID questions(my first)which only took a few minutes. because of the limits I have on my Platinum and Dividend cards, I allocated 3500 from my Platinum card to the Diamond card for a cl of 4000. I really didn't mind because I've carefully weeded out the cards that had It's uses. I will put a review on it when all my info comes in. Citi also changed the request for credit limit increase process again because the latest one I did earlier this month has a form but it looks like the same form that csrs use when you call for an increase and everything that is on the form is what information the csr ask you for and the computer gives you an instant approval for what you are approved for the way it used to be.
12 years 10 months ago #23

eugene66 - I hit the "luv" button on Citi Bank's

Citi can be very sensitive if you are found to have quite a few inquiries at least less than a year old , I just received my latest one this month(the 1st at every three months)but this time I had to call "give them my income" and was asked what i wanted and was approved with no problem.Once you get that cli with them Wanderer,they will grow with you big time.
13 years 9 months ago #24

eugene66 - I hit the "luv" button on Citi Bank's

Was it an instant denial?
13 years 9 months ago #25

eugene66 - I hit the "luv" button on Citi Bank's :cc: Platinum Select Mastercard and they said NO... had too many inquiries. They are right. Time to chill until October 2011. By then my ten years will be up and the big Ch7 BK will be gone along with 17 months without and inquiry. That should do the trick!
13 years 9 months ago #26

My mother has a Choice Visa card from Citi Bank, LOL, I remember back in 1991 she bought me a pair of Rebock shoes that pumped up, they were a 100.00 dollars and I threw such a fit for them! She finally gave up and put them on her choice card, when I found out my mom had a credit card I thought my family was the! Well? You know! LOL Thanks Colo for taking me down memory lane, haha! I also had a pair of Charles Barkley Nikes too! Guess Jeans, IOU sweat shirts, and BUM equipment, pegged pants, LOL, Ok I am done now!

HA! I remember those pump up shoes. Do you remember Z. Cavaricchi? It is funny to think back now on the early 90s. But I will take feathered hair, stonewashed jeans, BUM Equipment and everything compared to these kids now. Ever see the boys in those "skinny jeans"? And the long hair? I want to go up to their dad's and punch them for allowing their sons to look like that. :white-flag:
13 years 10 months ago #27

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Citibank

Oh I know what your saying, it was just a different time then, and I went to school with alot of rich kids, so at the time I had to feel validated, as I have aged and taken on my own finances I have grown to understanding the value of a dollar, but come on, at 13 years old? There is no understanding of anything, and I love my mother regardless, just when Colo brought up the Choice Card it gave me a flashback of those times! LOL
13 years 10 months ago #28

patrick12 - as you get older and understand the value of a dollar... we realize what our parents did for us (credit in this case - older folks did not like credit due to the depresseion of the thirties). In reality all that brand named stuff is irrelevant. Family is what it is all about. So much for my surmon.
13 years 10 months ago #29

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Citibank

My mother has a Choice Visa card from Citi Bank, LOL, I remember back in 1991 she bought me a pair of Rebock shoes that pumped up, they were a 100.00 dollars and I threw such a fit for them! She finally gave up and put them on her choice card, when I found out my mom had a credit card I thought my family was the! Well? You know! LOL Thanks Colo for taking me down memory lane, haha! I also had a pair of Charles Barkley Nikes too! Guess Jeans, IOU sweat shirts, and BUM equipment, pegged pants, LOL, Ok I am done now!
13 years 10 months ago #30